New Beta Plug

I sent an email, and it will take a few months to write out all of the major storyline plus minor missions storylines.

Thanks, kauthor. I was wondering when to expect the storylines. I know it takes a while, but I just was wondering. 🙂

@geek, on Jul 12 2007, 08:03 AM, said in New Beta Plug:

Love the beta, Tim. The weapons and ship are great. Will there ever be anything like an inhabited outpost in that huge expanse to the east? Have you coded any storyline missions yet? I can help with writing dësc resources, if you need.

Overall, great plug, like the previous Empire ones I've played. I can't wait until it becomes an official plug.

The basic idea behind HaS (spoiler ahead!) is that you play a character nostalgic for the return of the Terran Star Empire, get recruited by a secretive pro-Empire faction and ultimately learn that the Empire did indeed survive its fall at the end of Heart Of Darkness (those systems are spoilers and for testing purposes at this point). Once the new Empire returns to "liberate" Earth your character is approached by another shadowy group (Artemis) and is made to face the terrible truth of how the Empire originally came to power and an even more unpleasant truth about his parents' role in same. In an attempt at redemption, your character then joins the desperate fight to destroy the Empire once and for all but it certainly won't be a cake walk. There is more intruigue and mystery but I don't want to give away any of the numerous sub-plots (in addition to the primary storyline there will be "side mission strings" available (much like Empire 2) which complement the main theme.

At the moment I'm balancing both work and part time grad school so it will take some time to get the missions planned out and written.

Once again thank you for your interest in my work.

Regards,

Tim