Mission strings

How and where do you start all the mission strings such as United Galactic Express, Rebel, Confederate, Starbound Shipping...
You could post a link also.

@rossy, on Dec 17 2006, 11:19 AM, said in Mission strings:

How and where do you start all the mission strings such as United Galactic Express, Rebel, Confederate, Starbound Shipping...
You could post a link also.

Confed and Rebel Strings: Start on any planet which is of the gΓΆvt you want in the bar. You need a little bit of combat rating. Once you complete one, you won't be able to get the other. If you wish to do both, start one, then start the other one before completing the first one. Both are transport missions, one is documents, one is parcels.

UGE: Starts on any Pirate planet in the bar. You must have at least 1500 combat rating. (I'm sorry, but I don't know offhand what the text for that level is...) Help the guy in the blue uniform.
Once you have fully become a courier for them, I reccommend you don't accept any missions to "make a few bucks off of UGE". You'll know this mission when you see it.

Starbound Shipping: You get these from Independent planets. The first 2 don't require any combat rating. After the third (which is a uranium shipment, or some other precious ore), you will get into repeating missions of which there are two. Very short string.

One you didn't mention: Turin V: Starts on any independent planet to take Engineers to Turin V. All other missions are in Turin V bar. I believe there is a plug that extends this string a bit.

I'll see if I can find a link for a list I know of...

EDIT: Here it is!

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/sho...n_Workbooks.hqx

If you are using the Nova conversion, the numbers might be a bit off, but the list is still good.

This post has been edited by Xizzix : 17 December 2006 - 03:46 PM

Xizzix pretty much covered everything, but personally, I think it's more fun to go out there and find these things on your own. They're not that difficult to come across after some exploration and growth.

@cippy, on Dec 17 2006, 10:44 PM, said in Mission strings:

Xizzix pretty much covered everything, but personally, I think it's more fun to go out there and find these things on your own. They're not that difficult to come across after some exploration and growth.

Agreed. Just fly around shooting pirates and running cargo, and check the bar at every planet you land on.

@xizzix, on Dec 17 2006, 02:44 PM, said in Mission strings:

One you didn't mention: Turin V: Starts on any independent planet to take Engineers to Turin V. All other missions are in Turin V bar. I believe there is a plug that extends this string a bit.
I'll see if I can find a link for a list I know of...
EDIT: Here it is!

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/cgi-bin/vftp/sho...n_Workbooks.hqx
If you are using the Nova conversion, the numbers might be a bit off, but the list is still good.

It downloaded alright on my windows, but it won't open up, it need some sort of application to open. :mad:

Use Stuffit to UnStuff it.

I don't have stuffit, and I don't want to download it.

@rossy, on Dec 20 2006, 09:14 PM, said in Mission strings:

I don't have stuffit, and I don't want to download it.

It's not like it's a virus or anything.

Spoiler

Stuffit is probably less harmful to a Windows computer than simply connecting to the internet in the first place! (not that that's saying much about the safety of Stuffit!)

Stuffit is the only way to decompress that file, but here's a zipped copy of the Excel version:
Attached File EV_Mission_Workbooks.zip (15.84K)
Number of downloads: 16

still doesn't work

Change the extension of EV Mission Workbook from .exe to .xls.

@cippy, on Dec 17 2006, 07:44 PM, said in Mission strings:

I agree.

Rossy, welcome to the boards. The EV classic game is not as complex as Nova, you really don't need a guide for it. Besides, you have us. πŸ˜„

Don't forget Diphidia / Astex.

This post has been edited by Callide : 21 December 2006 - 01:08 AM

@callide, on Dec 21 2006, 12:04 AM, said in Mission strings:

I agree.

Rossy, welcome to the boards. The EV classic game is not as complex as Nova, you really don't need a guide for it. Besides, you have us. πŸ˜„

Don't forget Diphidia / Astex.

And the Artemis Group with Marcus fighting the pirates.

@guy, on Dec 20 2006, 10:24 PM, said in Mission strings:

Change the extension of EV Mission Workbook from .exe to .xls.

Whoops! :wacko: Maybe I shouldn't post stuff like that when I'm so tired. For some reason I thought that exe was an Excel file. πŸ˜› And for some strange reason, my Mac thought so too and Excel opened it just fine. :huh:

This post has been edited by Nil'kimas : 21 December 2006 - 04:17 PM