Alien Plug

Looking for alien plug

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 03 March 2007 - 10:51 AM

@guest_wicktownev_-, on Nov 26 2006, 09:03 PM, said in Alien Plug:

Wondering where a plug to pilot an alien ship is.

This may seem obvious, but have you tried the addon pages? Or, if you know ResEdit, you could make one available to purchase.

Also, I was wondering if anyone else noticed this....it'll always come back every once in awhile.

That's because it's a zombie alien. Not matter how many times you kill it, it'll always comes back. j/k, but yes, it does show up now and then.

I really want that honored leader status! But I can't seem to get it..anyways, sorry for rambling, but if anyone has an answer to my plug questions that would be great.

You could always cheat and use ResEdit to lower the number.

@callide, on Nov 27 2006, 01:16 AM, said in Alien Plug:

That's because it's a zombie alien. Not matter how many times you kill it, it'll always comes back. j/k, but yes, it does show up now and then.

I've noticed the alien fighter around sometimes one game... but I thought it was because I didn't kill one of the fighters when I killed the Cruiser.

Does the Alien Cruiser ever show up again?

EDIT: Oops forgot this: In regards to flying an alien ship, if you are using the Nova conversion, download rEVisited. Use rEVx data, and you can purchase the ships at a certain planet...IF you can figure out how to get there! 😉

This post has been edited by Xizzix : 16 December 2006 - 05:34 PM

@xizzix, on Dec 16 2006, 05:33 PM, said in Alien Plug:

I've noticed the alien fighter around sometimes one game... but I thought it was because I didn't kill one of the fighters when I killed the Cruiser.

Does the Alien Cruiser ever show up again?

The Alien Fighters are actually several AIs (four, I think) that are activated after you complete the final mission for either string. Killing them during the mission has no effect on their appearance.

If I'm not mistaken, AIs don't disappear permanently after you kill them.

I do recall that I had a pilot that didn't kill the three Alien Fighters during the mission, but eventually killed a total of four after the mission (one of which showed up after taking off from Palshife after the celebration! it was pretty funny).

As for the Alien Cruiser, he has no AIs, so he'll never show up again.

@guest_wicktownev_-, on Nov 26 2006, 11:03 PM, said in Alien Plug:

Also, it would be nice to find or create a plug that makes it so that if you dominate a system, it makes it your government, and you can give it a name.(nothing to cheat, or make anything easier, but just to make it make more sense).

You won't find a plug that can do this. It's not possible with the way the game's programmed. (A plug only replaces resources in EV like ships/planets/gov'ts etc.; it can't change the fundamentals of the game like that.) I always saw planetary domination as destroying the defenses of the planet and levying a tax, then leaving the original government in charge so you can continue your travels throughout the galaxy. After all, a space adventurer doesn't have time for all that paperwork.

@cippy, on Dec 16 2006, 08:12 PM, said in Alien Plug:

If I'm not mistaken, AIs don't disappear permanently after you kill them.

If by AIs you mean përs resources (as seems to be the case), it varies; individual ones can be set to re-appear (optionally showing an escape pod, but this is not necessary) or to go away permanently.

This post has been edited by WickTownEV : 03 March 2007 - 10:52 AM

@david-arthur, on Dec 18 2006, 06:52 PM, said in Alien Plug:

If by AIs you mean përs resources (as seems to be the case), it varies; individual ones can be set to re-appear (optionally showing an escape pod, but this is not necessary) or to go away permanently.

Yeah, I meant the përs resources, I just forgot the name. That sound right.