PFE for EV?

Looking for Pilot File Editor for Classic Escape Velocity

Hey all, now before you flame me for posting a topic about where Im sur eyou know exactly where the answer is, please know Ive been looking for the answer to this with Google for the past 3 days straight and followed a LOT of dead links, or contradictory (sp?) information.

When Escape Velocity (Classic) came out about 10 years ago, I had a File Editor program that let you choose what ship you had, galaxy stsaus, Credits, and small attributes liek cargo size, weapon amount, etc.

Now my Mac has decided to burp and die on me, and I am running the Classic game on Windows using Basillisk II. I dont want to spend a year or two recreating my glorious ship. Does anyone know a direct link where I can get the Pilot File Editor for Classic EV? PLEASE help.

You can also email me at bitaemo@gmail.com

Thanks

(mrxak Edit: Fixed your topic title)

This post has been edited by mrxak : 06 July 2006 - 05:08 PM

I only know of a PFE made by seant that only edits EVO pilots, though there might be other pilot editors. Sorry I can't be more specific than that.

Yeah, I checked out ACE and PFE. Neither were what I used to have. The program I used to have you can choose what ship you had and how much free cargo it had and everything. The program I had wasnt Applescript like the early versions of PFE were. My kingdom for the app. 😞

@bitaemo, on Jul 6 2006, 08:54 AM, said in PFE for EV?:

When Escape Velocity (Classic) came out about 10 years ago, I had a File Editor program that let you choose what ship you had, galaxy stsaus, Credits, and small attributes liek cargo size, weapon amount, etc.

You can do all that with ResEdit. Get the EVOBible to help you, and you should be able to figure it out.

@callide, on Jul 8 2006, 11:39 AM, said in PFE for EV?:

You can do all that with ResEdit. Get the EVOBible to help you, and you should be able to figure it out.

Thanks, Im attempting to get that going as we speak, so far it seems that ResEdit and Basillisk (at least in my case) do NOT like each other. (Constant lock ups) but Ill see what I can do.

Thanks for the suggestion.

ResEdit seems to randomly delete things on OS X classic and Basilisk, so make sure you make a backup first.