The Endless War Webstory

Greetings, my fellow webboard members. A friend and I have been making a kind of interactive plug-in, and it's audience grew to three people and started getting a bit complicated. We figured it would be easier to make a webstory rather than update the plug every day. So uh... Here we are.

Yes, players. This is it. The game has begun.
----
The Endless War

Dëscription:
The webstory we have planned begins at the start of the game. The Confederation and the Rebellion still at a stalemate, Pirates wreaking havoc along trade routes, etc...
There is no set story. It will be entirely player driven. We ask, however, due to a slight lack of time on our part, that players do not treat this as a major narrative. It is a game/narrative cross, so as to have nice posts that aren't insanely long.

Rëquirments:
•The story does still need moderators. I am not intending to moderate this story alone. Two or three would be ideal in my opinion.

Rüles:
•Common sense to be used at all times.
•Killing another player's character is not allowed without their permission.
•Real-time will be used for research/construction.
•Currency will be used for ships and other construction.*
•Research is free for the most part and is subject to moderation through the first week of use. This is to avoid über technology.
•Governments may only research 3 items at a time. Mercenaries may not research technology.
•No single-post battles. If you are attacking a non-player aligned planet, a moderater will take control of the planet's defenses.
•All players are to be treated as if their crews are the same in every way. That means none of "my crews are more experianced than yours so i can kill 8 destroyers at the loss of one ship" crap.
•Ship and Fleet movement restricted by fuel capacity alone. Border systems may not be bypassed. That means that you may not strike directly to Sol.
•Effective Scanning Range is no more than a two system radius.
•Players can overrule the moderater(s) provided they all agree.

*Ships are available at shipyard price. The Confederate Frigate's price has been lowered to 2.5M to match wits with the Rebel Destroyer(Which is much more effective and nearly half of the Frigate's Shipyard Price)
Someone has insisted apon allowing personal ships for a player's character. Personal Ships may be upgraded, but not to the point that it becomes a whole new class of ship. For example, if a character's ship were a shuttle, an extra 10 shields, armaplast layer, and a laser cannon would be allowed. You know, little things.

Incöme:
Each government will start with 5x their daily income for initial fleet construction. Remaining funds afterwards are not transfered to the government's treasury. Anything that is not spent is wasted. Government incomes are listed below.

•Confederation: 150M
•Rebellion: 130M
•Pirates: 12M
•New Independent Govs: 10M

Incomes will change once capturing or losing a planet. Some planets/star systems produce more income for a certain government than it will for another. For example, if the Pirates captured Palshife, it would only produce the ammount that a normal planet would. The income of systems and planets is listed below.

•Sol: 20M Under Confederate Rule *
•Palshife: 15M Under Rebellion Rule
•Independant Capitals: 10M Under Initial Government's Rule
•Planets: 5M
•Moons/Small Planets: 3M
•Space Stations: 3M **

*With the current money system the Confederation is at a considerable disadvantage against the Rebellion, when it should really be the other way around. So I beefed up Sol's income, and made up for the rest with Astex Industries to give the Confederation an appropriate income.

**Stardocks such as Stardock Alpha gain 5M due to their size.

Attack and Dëfense Fleets
Attack
Each player has one attack fleet. Government members may spend only what their leader gives them for their fleet.
To start with, players will be allowed 5x their income to make their initial fleet.
The attack fleet may of course be added to through the game's progress buy purchasing ships and adding them to the fleet.
An attack fleet may not excede 250 ships, not counting fighters carried stock by their motherships(i.e. A Confed or Rebel Cruiser each have 4 fighters, but they count as one vessel)
An attack fleet may be used to supplement the defense of a friendly planet.

Note 1: It may be easier if players include their fleet's status every time they post.
Note 2: A fleet may be defeated by destroying all it's ships. Once a fleet is destroyed, it is relocated to it's government's Capital for redistribution and reconstruction.

Defense
All planets, moons and stations get a defense fleet. To start with, they will all get a reasonable fleet of 50 ships(50 Kestrels is not reasonable) chosen by the leader of the government the planet belongs to.
There is no select budget for this initial fleet.
The selected fleet must be approved by all moderaters.
The fleet may be added to through the game's progress by purchasing ships and adding them to the defense fleet, however, the fleet may not grow larger than 200 ships.

Conquest
Apon capturing a planet, the conqueror gets a free 40 ship fleet to defend his/her newly acquired territory. This fleet is of his/her choice and if it is objectionable, a moderater will revoke and adjust it.

Mërcenaries
Mercenaries will get 125M for their initial fleet. This should all be spent because the remaining funds do not carry over to the Merc's account. All future income will be from performing missions for other players in exchange for an ammount of credits agreed apon between the Mercenary and the employing player. You may also dominate planets for further income, however this is looked down apon, because it defeats the point of being a mercenary and may sometimes cause the other players to view you as a pirate.

Pläyer List
In an attempt to raise a few extra players, the Confederation and the Rebellion may have up to two subbordinates. To keep balance, a government may not have a second subbordinate untill their counterpart has at least one. This is to keep the Rebellion from having three players against one Confederate.
Players are allowed to play as formerly independent systems such as Levo, Deneb, or Zaxed.

Confederation Grand Admiral: Consul Bob
Confederation Subbordinate: Jimbob
Confederation Subbordinate: nfreader
--
Rebellion High Command: Spl_Cadet
Rebellion Subbordinate: Trugati
Rebellion Subbordinate: Omran Khan
--
Pirates-
Evildrome: Paranoid
--
Mercenaries-
U.E._General
Cheezy_Cracker
--
Lethe: Dark Jet
--
New Cydonia: Swithich
--
Jadzia: U.E. Admiral
--
Levo: Admiral Callisto
--
Manos: The Cheat

Resourses
Seeing as not all of us have time (or even the game itself) anymore to go looking around the game(or it's data files) for prices and statistics, i will provide a link to EVula's site. This site provides a complete listing of all ships and weapons from EV as well as their prices. EVula's ship section is accurate aside from the Shuttle's stats, and many of the weapon stats are wrong as well. This is still, however sadly, the best source i have ever seen for information outside the game itself.
(url="http://"http://www.EVula.com/survival_guide/")www.EVula.com/survival_guide/(/url)
EVula, i know you're watching, so wipe that stupid grin off your face!
😉 😛 😉

(url="http://"http://home.earthlink.net/~otterworks/images/Screen Map.gif")The Endless War's Map(/url)
(url="http://"http://www.lampe-farley.com/xunil/fleetmap.gif")Fleet Locations(/url)

(This message has been edited by U.E. Admiral about 30 times since the start of the original thread.)

------------------
Insanity has its advantages
"I- I Swear Officer.. The Dwarf was on fire when I got here!"

(This message has been edited by U.E. Admiral (edited 08-14-2004).)

(This message has been edited by U.E. Admiral (edited 08-14-2004).)

New Britian, Rigel

Consul Bob sits in his office, planning out the new manuevers. As he sits in his chair, thinking of the many things that could be done to defeat the Rebellion, he hears a knock on the door. Turning, he speaks. "Enter." The door opens, and a single officer enters the room, saluting him. "Sir!" Consul Bob waits for him to continue. "Our forces are fully prepared, sir. Everything's ready." Consul Bob barely manages to conceal his glee at hearing the words. "Thank you for informing me." Consul Bob walks out of his office, making sure to snap up the datapad as he goes. Arriving at his Confederation Cruiser, the Elite Duellist, he steps into the bridge. Sitting in the command chair, he sends out several messages....
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
(Message to Captain Cheezy_Cracker
(From Grand Admiral Consul Bob)
(Encryption: One time cipher pad; key twice as long as message)
I would like to ask you how much it would take to "convince" you to assist the Confederation. I'm willing to pay you 20 million credits for your services.
(End)
After sending these messages off, Captain Bob sends some messages off to the Science department, and is quickly informed of what is in progress.
Neutron Cannon
Reload: 30
Count: 35
Mass Damage: 16
Energy Damage: 16
Speed: 825
Inaccuracy: 2
Mass: 10 tons
Impact: 0
Cost: 40,000

Neutron Turret
Reload: 12
Count: 35
Mass Damage: 16
Energy Damage: 16
Speed: 825
Inaccuracy: 4
Mass: 30 tons
Impact: 0
Cost: 125,000

Loyalty Missile/Launcher
Reload: 70
Count: 270
Mass Damage: 150
Energy Damage: 75
Speed: 850
Impact: 30
Weight: 10 Ton Launcher - 1 Ton Missile
Cost: 110,000 - 5,000
After doing this, Consul Bob orders his fleet to move towards Propus...a battle was soon to come.

The Confederation Purification Patrol enters the Propus system, first sending a message out.

"This is Consul Bob speaking. We request you to surrender to the mighty Confederation. If you do not surrender, we will be forced to kill you. Have a nice day!"

Flying near the planet, Consul Bob begins issuing orders.
First, he launches all of his fighters around his Cruisers, and places them in a position slightly behind the Cruisers. The Frigates are placed slighty in front of the Cruisers. He waits for a response...

Summary
––––––––––
Income: 150M credits per day.
––––––––––
Assault Fleet:
10 Confederation Cruisers
100 Confederation Frigates
40 Confederation Patrol Ships (Inside of the Cruisers)
––––––––––
Neutronic Weapons: 3 days.
Loyalty Missiles: 4 days.
––––––––––

------------------
This is a signature. About something. Yes, something. Something important. I think.
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum6/HTML/003101.html")The Endless War(/url)
(url="http://"http://home.earthlink.net/~otterworks/images/Screen Map.gif")The Endless War's Map(/url)

(This message has been edited by Consul Bob (edited 08-14-2004).)

New Scotland, Propus
Things have burst into a sudden uproar within the independent government...

"IT'S POINTLESS TO RESIST THE CONFEDERATION!!" A screaming diplomat slams his fist on the table.
"This is our home and by God we will defend it against any and all invaders. Our roots would have it no other way." The high offical grimly states his intent to fly against the attacking vessels alone if need be.
---
Space-side, Propus
The system's defensive fleet launches up from New Scotland and New Ireland to meet a hail of torpedo and missile fire from the Confederate warfleet. The defenders had lost 20 Hawks and 30 Defenders in this manner before the hail let up and they were able to return fire.
The remaining 80 Hawks fired their compliment of missiles at the nearest targets causing minor damage to 60 of the frigates in line. The 20 defenders that were left pushed through the gap between the opposing forces at high speed...

------------------

---
Space-side, Propus
The Confederation Patrol Ships move from their positions, intercepting the Defenders. Firing off their missiles, the Defenders are shattered, but the resulting shrapnel from the exploding ships destroys ten of the intercepting ships. Thirty of the Hawks fall to heavy rockets, while the Confed Frigates take slightly more damage.

------------------
This is a signature. About something. Yes, something. Something important. I think.
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum6/HTML/003101.html")The Endless War(/url)

(This message has been edited by Consul Bob (edited 08-14-2004).)

General Joe Jerald observed the planet Landfall from the Bridge of the ship. The ship of the Spaceborne 42nd. Painted confederate blue, all except the green part of the wings. Emerald green. Painting the skies. Jerald spun away from the planet. Doing this, he spun away from his thoughts. His thoughts of home. The galaxy was in war. Civil, unending war. Home, he thought, was the last thing he should think of.

So instead of focusing on the place he spent the last 2 years waiting for battle, he focused on the real deal. The war.

Joe noticed a few pilots wandering, awaiting a movement. He smirked slightly, wishing his job was so easy. Turn, smile, shift the ship. Jump the system. Of course, he immediatly realized it was far from any of his wishes. He was where he needed to be. At the reins, guiding the fleet into the frying pan. Also mingled among the pilots was one of his lieutenants; the one who reported directly to him. He was generally picking on them for having a lower rank, making it obvious he was oblivious to the general's presence. With a quick vocal ring, Joe addressed him.

"Steven," said the general with is deep, powerful voice. The young man he attended to talk to jumped like a frog and faced the man. Several of the pilots snickered and wondered off down to their quarters.

"Steven, can you give me the status of our fleet?"
The kid was startled. Nobody likes getting caught red handed, even if what they're doing is mostly harmless.
"Uh, the fleet is a-ok sir!"
Joe raised his eyebrows mockingly. "A-ok?"
"The fleet is ready." The kid straightened up and attempted to look more official. Of course, he made himself look like a stark idiot.

Joe nodded slowly. He knew the plan. He liked the plan. He planned to follow the plan. It was the plan. At least, as it was planned. Unless the the plan changed. The he wouldn't follow the original plan. He would plan to follow another plan, as planned. It was a good plan.

So, Joe milled the bridge for a moment. He knew Landfall loomed back behind him. The blue, beautiful planet. Peaceful and unpreturbed. As if time stood still it floated above a vast nothingess. Just allowing one more glance, he shut away the view of the planet. A comfortable armchair was awaiting in his quarters. One he "liberated" from a lay-z-boy factory on Sol before it was turned into a shipyard. And he did sit in it, and it was good.

He came over the radios and announced to the ships,

"We're gonna sit tight for a while. But don't get comfortable. This is war. War. You all must understand this word...The word war. The Dictonarious Galacticus declares that war is an open-armed conflict. Men, the dictionary is wrong."
He paused momentarily.
"I have the true definition of war. And this is the war to define them all. War is our chance to take down the Rebels, once and for all! War is our opppoutunity to get rid of the traitors! We can, and will crush their every ship, down to the finest carbonized armaplast you will ever see! Men, war will be known as this, from this day forward. Our utter annihialtion of "them". So it's time, men. It's time to go to War."

He flipped the switch on the radios, leaned back in his chair and picked up a copy of the Dictionarious Galacticus. Pages flapped, and the book came to it's final resting place in the furnace behind him.

------------------
<Insert Clever Saying Here>
(url="http://"http://www.Livejournal.com/users/schlichtinator")I'm awesome(/url)|(url="http://"http://www.penny-arcade.com") Penny Arcade! (/url)
Let us run through the flowers of red and gold,
and dance naked under a building of bricks!

Orbiting Evildrome, NGC-0595:

It was his fleet. The pirates had never been a strongly unified force; they most often had a mutual cease-fire, occasionally they targeted each other more then other vessels. He had changed that. The force around him was his, and no one could stop it. He had a friend in command of each of the other pirate systems, but even that was unimportant compared to his true unification. He had given the outcasts of the system something that was unbeatable, a sense of belonging, a religion, the truth. Jonathan Patmos knew that he could use this power to expand and spread the truth through the galaxy. Nothing would stop The Hand of God.

Research:
(Classified)
OOC: Meaning, give me a bit to think of something.

------------------
I move along the path alone, without a friend, without a home.
Yet though this tortured path I roam, knowing that my mind doth foam;
in madness shall I ever seek, an answer for the poor and meek.

Captain Sean Smith walked onto the bridge of the Confederation Cruiser, Peace Maker 9.He picked up a ships phone and dialed the PA system. "Okay gentlemen, we've got our orders. Our next stop is the Tiber System by way of Cantor. Sit back and enjoy the ride." He placed the phone back into it's cradle. He strode across the bridge and over to the main window. "You know, space really is beautiful." he addressed to no one in particular, "It makes me feel a little bad that we're filling it with all this hatred..." He reached his hand up to steady his self as the ship entered hyper-space. The ships A.I. came on the speakers, "Estimated arrival time at Cantor: 04:00."

...and another ship entered another never-ending war.

-----------------------------------------------
Later
-----------------------------------------------
At 04:01, 20 radio receivers focused their beams on a single ship that had just entered the system, searching for any identifying information about the ship. Finding none, they reached the following conclusion: There was a hostile ship in their range.

Captain Sean Smith turned to his Leftanent. "How uch time until the fleet is properly assembled?" "Uhm.." He said, flipping a couple of pages on his note pad. "about half an hour." "Good." Replied the captain. Set us up on a race course pattern out of he range of the planet defenses. until the fleet arrives." "Yssir!" replied the young officer as he rushed away. The rest of the fleet filtered in over the next half hour. 40 Minuets after entering the Tiber system, the Peace Makers were ammassed. "Give the order to attack to all ships." He said quietly. Peace Maker 9 furned towards the shimmering planet far below and began thrusting towards the planet. He walked to the very front of the bridge, where no one colud see his face and began to weep for the souls, civilian and combatant, that would be lost in the next hour.
------------------
Spy Master
Member of the Lektorians
Proud member of the Divals
Imperium Official ListŽ

(This message has been edited by nfreader (edited 08-14-2004).)

<snip>

(This message has been edited by spl_cadet (edited 08-15-2004).)

Rebel research:
Rebel raider, Cossak-class
Modified Rapier sporting speed of 350, accel of 250 and turn of 150. Price: 1.5 million. 1 day for research (basically just giving it manueverability upgrades that you can get in-game).

Classified message sent to Evildrome.

------------------
Ave Cadet, Imperatur Civitum Americae Unitas!
(url="http://"http://www.catholic-cadet.com")Catholic Cadet: Apologetics and Evangelization(/url)

(This message has been edited by spl_cadet (edited 08-14-2004).)

<snizzle>

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.Livejournal.com/users/schlichtinator")I'm awesome(/url)|(url="http://"http://www.penny-arcade.com") Penny Arcade! (/url)

(This message has been edited by Jimbob (edited 08-14-2004).)

(This message has been edited by Jimbob (edited 08-15-2004).)

<snip>

<snap, crackle, pop!>

Cheezy_Cracker sends an encoded message to Admiral Consul_Bob, accepting the job offer and informing him that he is ready for duty.

(This message has been edited by Cheezy_Cracker (edited 08-15-2004).)

<snap>
Cheezy, follow suit.

------------------

<snip>

(This message has been edited by Cheezy_Cracker (edited 08-15-2004).)

OOC: My apologies Cheezy_Cracker, but part of the agreement we came to was one that your post is in contradiction of. please edit it and put "<snip> in it's place. Then repost only taking into account what is in the thread (after the snipping of argument posts). Thank you... maybe the story will advance normally now....

------------------

To: Commodore Trugati
Subject: Home front defence.
You are hereby ordered to move your fleet to the Persephone system to prepare for mobile defense of Northern Sector. Upon invasion of Confederate or Mercenary fleets your duty is to move and destroy them. Priority should be given to assistance of primary fleet, the First Fleet of Liberation.

------------------
Ave Cadet, Imperatur Civitum Americae Unitas!
(url="http://"http://www.catholic-cadet.com")Catholic Cadet: Apologetics and Evangelization(/url)

Jadzia System

Admiral Vilson shuffles around in an attempt to find his way to the bridge of his small new flagship the J.U.S. Chivalry. Things had seen some increased pirate activity as of late, and his last flagship, the Infinite Justice, had been destroyed by a maurauding pair of Rapiers. Normally such fighters would be easily delt with, but a missile jammed and a shutdown of all weapons was required making the vessel powerless to defend itself.

Apon reaching the bridge, Vilson finds a message from New Bavaria's ruling body ordering him to capture the Nexus system so the Jadzian Union can make use of it's monitoring equipment. He inquires as to why he must capture the station, but is told it is a move to avoid more pirate surprise attacks on the area. Giving the order to move to hyperspace range and make the jump to Nexus, Vilson contemplates the battle ahead...
---
Union Research and Development, New Bavaria, Jadzia
New Bavaria's top scientists ponder possible technologies to give their pilots an edge in combat over the ruthless pirates in the area.

"The best we can hope for is a new primary energy weapon. Something that out-does pirates at every turn..." - Scientist #1
"He's right. I have an idea that uses the concept of disrupting that which binds particles together. I can probobly have a rough design ready for construction and testing by tomorrow morning." Scientist #2
"Excellent. If all goes well we can have a prototype in just a week(RealTimeDay). And please give me a breifing on it. I may be able to bring it into a projectile weapon." - Lead Scientist

Research Initiated
Disrupter Turret - Cannon
Reload: 10 - 20
Count(range): 36 - 36
MassDmg: 10 - 10
EnergyDmg: 15 -15
Speed: 850 - 850
Inaccuracy: 3 - 1
Impact: 0 - 0
Cost: 80,000 - 25,000

Disruption Launcher + Torpedos
Reload: 80
Count(range): 1000
MassDmg: 225
EnergyDmg: 125
Speed: 750
Impact: 120
Blast Radius: 30
Weight: 20 Ton Launcher - 1 Ton Torpedo
Cost: 150,000 - 5,000
---
Nexus System
A fleet enters the system and falls into formation, flying Jadzian colors...

Admiral Vilson calls out commands to the fleet, forming it up before Nexus catches on and launches it's defense fleet. "I want a staggard battle line! Vettes in front, Lightnings fall behind them and intercept incoming bombardment craft(Rapiers and other Lightnings). Rapiers, i want you in back to bomard the enemy with torpedo fire!"

(Message to Nexus Outpost)
(From Admiral Vilson of the Jadzian 7th Fleet)
(Shortband Transmission • In-System Only)
The Government of Jadzia demands your surrender. Stand down your weapons and we can avoid any bloodshed.
Resistance is Futile.
(End)

Income: 10M /Day
Treasury: 0

Fleet Status - Nexus;
J.U.S. Chivalry - Corvette
7 Corvettes
10 Rapiers
18 Lightnings

Research;
Disrupter Cannon/Turret: 4 Days
Disruption Torpedo: 5 Days

Notes: I move that noon EST be the time that income and research ticks happen. Is this agreeable?

------------------

General Swithich walks around the large government building that contains his office. His mind constantly concerned with the ever present problem of water distribution between New Cydonia and Lethe Prime. For the hundredth time he mulls the problem over in his mind wondering if there will ever be a lasting solution. Up til now every cease fire, pease proposal, and treaty has fallen through all because of water. Isn't there enough to go around. He know the unspoken answer and is once again doomed to the cold answer. No; and there probably never will be. The two worlds oh so close together ripped apart by one lingering quarrel.

Entering his office he sits in his confortable lazyboy chair. Doing his usual he wakes up the sleeping AI that is his computer.

"Hello, Jenny, what is on the schedule today."

"Lets see, you have an appointment witht he council chair to discuss defense preparations against Lethe at nine. Then you have a meeting with Fillare inustries CEO Bill Nastare at eleven to discuss there new trade proposal. And finally you have a meeting with Commander Phillip Tisk at one to discuss the attack fleets preparation for the next three months."

"Beautiful," he mumbles to himself,"three more meetings with three more morons. Oh well. Anything else."

"Actually there is one more thing. Professor Keller dropped off a booklet. He said it's the results of his research on the mining of Hydrogen from stars." At this the General's eyes raise and his mind spins. He's been waiting for those results for months ever since he ordered the study.

"Well bring it up." The holovidio pops up from the projector displaying the fasinating results. The Generals mind consentrating on every word. With his own Ph.D. in Hydrolic Engineering he can easily understand the results. The Professors image outlines all possible routes for pursuing the mining and transportation of such a substance. The results are fasinating.

"In conclusion a full scale water production of this sort including Hydrogen mining, transportation, and condensation back on the planet would probably run a yearly cost of of 3,000,000 dollars."

Wow, General Swithich thinks we loose that much in ship costs every week due to our ongoing fighting with Lethe. For less that 10,000 a day we could end this feud. He sits back not realizing the AI is still standing in the doorway.

"General, your meeting starts with council chair in five minutes."

"Screw, the council chair. This is huge. I want an emergency session called to review this research by Professor Keller's work and its possible application to the Cydonia-Lethe feud."

Later:
General Swithich walks out of the council hall. His face a glow with the news. Reporters surround him trying to get his take ont the councils new plan to create water for New Cydonia.

"General, what is your response to the proposal by the Council?"

"I think it is a viable first step in ending this stupid dispute between us and our neighbors. Its cheap, easy, and virtually fail safe. Once we have created enough water to feed the on going needs of the planet it won't even be needed. We will have enough water to grow new species, make crops, and become more self-sufficient. If you ask my opinion it is the best thing to ever happen to our society."

"What about Lethe, General, is the council going to send over a delegation to present the proposal?"

"No, I think tensions are much to high for a face to face visit. However, negotiations are in the works. We just sent off a message describing the find and a posible end this age old dispute."

"Could this lead to a joint attack between the two systems?"

"Maybe, but we must first see how Lethe responds to the message. If they agree then who knows what we might put our millitary muscle too? Its all in their hands now."

Expenditures for the day:
2 New Corvettes 5,000,000
4 New Lightning 4,000,000

Added to defense fleet increasing it too,
27 Corvettes
15 Rapiers
14 Lightnings

Attack fleet remains the same.

Research:
Time alotted to the research and development of the new water creating system. {edit:} Allow two days for this research program. Following this New Cydonia will be completely free of all water restraints.

Sent to Lethe requesting a cease-fire and diplomatic discussion of possible Cooperative effort in South EVC Space.

Word to Rebels and Confeds:
Giant cataclysmic battles are not needed or desired on the First page of a web story. It is not very realistic in the sense of the game. Those type of battles are often costly to both sides and result in a weak attack force. (A.K.A it makes the story boring). Stratigic planing, and manuevering is much more interesting. This is a story after all. The rebels might consider attacking a confed planet to make them withdraw from Propus rather that going against them in a head to head battle. But that is just my two cents. I don't know if I'm suppose to add these notes in the webstory. So if the moderators desire I will remove it upon their request.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Swithich (edited 08-15-2004).)

(This message has been edited by Swithich (edited 08-15-2004).)

To: Admiral Consul_Bob
Subject: Job proposal.

Most Honorable Admiral,
I, Commodore Cheezy_Cracker, accept your request for my highly usefull services, but wish to inform you of my fee of an extra 10 million credits in the event that any five ships in my fleet are destroyed, excluding the nearly worthless defenders. Hopefully, I will not need such a fee, but you are informed. My fleet is ready for duty, I only need to learn of what exactly it is you wish me to do.

Sincerely,
Commodore Cheezy_Cracker
CCC Mercenary Enterprises
Flagship "Astert's Pride"--Kestrel Class

------------------
"You don't want to sell me deathsticks"
"I...uh..I don't want to sell you deathsticks!"
"You want to go home and rethink your life."
"I..uh..want to go home and rethink my life!"

Originally posted by U.E. Admiral:

Notes: I move that noon EST be the time that income and research ticks happen. Is this agreeable?

OOC: Werd

The Government of Jadzia demands your surrender. Stand down your weapons and we can avoid any bloodshed.
Resistance is Futile.**