[ANN] -- Ambrosia rereleases Escape Velocity and EV: Override

I actually like the static armor thing (not to mention the fact that now I can get disabled, too). It makes the game more challenging. No more ignoring the sheilds and armor until you only have one point left, and then running off to recharge. No, now you have to break off, no matter what.

Besides, sheilds still recharge. It would be easy enough just to run away and let your sheilds recharge fully. Like you said, armor isn't as strong, anyway.

------------------
“Do you expect me to talk?”
“No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die.”
— Goldfinger

Isn't the purpose of this port to be as authentic as possible? If too many things are made too easy or too challenging, the game loses its feel. I don't like not being able to rely on my Tritanium armor when demanding tribute or being able to jump safely through the Darven system in a shuttlecraft.

Perhaps recharging armor at fewer units per second than the shield recharge rate would be a good comprimise.

(This message has been edited by Admyster (edited 08-15-2003).)

Originally posted by Admyster:
Isn't the purpose of this port to be as authentic as possible?

Yes, that's the thing, we can make it slightly harder or much easier. I put it on my list, so I may figure out some kind of a compromise.

------------------
"...The said Constitution never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping and bearing their own arms" - Samuel Adams, 1788

Originally posted by Soviet mikee:
Yes, that's the thing, we can make it slightly harder or much easier. I put it on my list, so I may figure out some kind of a compromise.

I say make it as easy as EV was, with the new features Nova has, like Hypergates. Ofcourse, people want the improved AI, so you cant make computer ships too dumb. As for comprosise- hooray! This means that armor does regenerate, even if faster means harder to kill ships. Still, its so much better than making Tritanium useless as David of Mac suggested by making armor static.

------------------
I am eager to try to answer mission questions