Ghost Swamp Quest

I have been having a very difficult time looking for the lost general in the ghost swamp. Any hints/spoilers would be gratefully received. 😕
Many thanks!

------------------

Go to the Ghost Swamp and you will find a cave about 2 screens in. The general is a skeleton guy with a big red sword. Kill him and the spell is broken.

------------------
Apple Computer - The name of microsoft's research and development division
--------------------------------

Many thanks DarkBlade. Now if only I can find the skeleton before being zapped by the various undead.

------------------

Just use a bow and nail them from afar.

------------------
Apple Computer - The name of microsoft's research and development division
--------------------------------

It is a cave and not some creepy temple thingie with super fast zombies right?

------------------
All hail Phill, master of insane rantings, Ruler of Heck, and Prince of insufficiant light

and learn to use your shield! it really works.

------------------

Its a cave, Gex. I prefer hacking away with my claymore. Bows are nice but they take time and some stratedgy.

------------------
"Treat animals just like they're people"
"But, we don't even treat people right."

Thanks to everyone for the useful tips. I've acquired a long bow and been going around the countryside zapping assorted rifraf with it. It's great against weaklings but requires practice and coordination against strong fast moving enemies. In the meantime, I shall hang on to my claymore of light (+20 vs. undead). BTW, how useful do you think it is to carry a shield when equipped with a 2-handed weapon? I haven't tried it yet since I am still saving up for a decent shield.

------------------

Originally posted by Hypercarbon:
**BTW, how useful do you think it is to carry a shield when equipped with a 2-handed weapon? I haven't tried it yet since I am still saving up for a decent shield.

Shields are only equiped for extra armor, if you have a powerful 2handed weapon, that makes up for the lack or armor.

------------------
|(url="http://"http://www.macgamefiles.com/")Mac Game Files(/url)|(url="http://"http://www.insidemacgames.com")Inside Mac Games(/url)

(This message has been edited by ArcAngel Counterstrike (edited 09-01-2001).)

where'd you get the claymore of light?

------------------
All hail Phill, master of insane rantings, Ruler of Heck, and Prince of insufficiant light

Purchased in Berglum for 1500 gp.

------------------

Bows are best in the swamp, cause shields don't block undead attacks.

Talking about shields and 2 handed weapons...I picked up some axe off of an ogre that's supposed to do 10-40 dmg, but when I equip it it I only do 12-25 dmg.

Heck, I can't even get in, Is there something you have complete to get into swamp.
Can you not get in with the unregistered version. :frown: 😕

------------------
I am the peak of human evolution.

I also want to find whoever it is that gives you the swamp mission ? (awaiting reg-code - so may not be able to get to them anyway).

Cheers.

Elias.

------------------
"You only have the rights
you defend in others"

Originally posted by Elias:
**I also want to find whoever it is that gives you the swamp mission ? (awaiting reg-code - so may not be able to get to them anyway).

Cheers.

Elias.

Elias,
The person that gives you the swamp mission is the captain of the guard, After you "Prove Your Valor" by rescuing the kid traped by goblins(You get this from the woman north of potion seller after some point in the game). 🙂

------------------

The person that gives you the swamp mission is the captain of the guard...

Aaaahhhhhh....Thank you...:-)

Elias.

------------------
"You only have the rights
you defend in others"

Your welcome

Now if someone could just help me
oh well

------------------

where is the gost swamp?

------------------
The iMac with the shiny Chrome finish.

Two screens east and one north from the learning tree.

MINOR SPOILER

The cave you need to get into is the next screen to the east from there I think.

------------------
The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance. --Socrates
Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --Thomas Edison
Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability. -- Flowers A. Newhouse

thanks found it.
I think Im back on track

------------------
The iMac with the shiny Chrome finish.