HALP! Stuck in Empire 2 "Dark Horizons"

I've played the game twice up to the same point: I'm working for the Weave Alliance and get a mission at Levo to destroy a "convoy of heavy equipment" leaving Pollux System; but when I get there, all I find is an "ore convoy" in Castor. If I destroy it and return to Levo, nobody greets me, not even in the bar, and Levo is still "flagged" with the little red triangle. I've gone to every system in the area, yea, just about EVERY system in the galaxy, looking for a "convoy of heavy equipment", etc., or for someone to talk to me. The first time through I finally aborted the mission, and nothing happened after that anywhere. What gives? A bug? (I had a similar experience in Empire 1 and finally just gave up.)

------------------

Originally posted by Rocky Coast:
**I've played the game twice up to the same point: I'm working for the Weave Alliance and get a mission at Levo to destroy a "convoy of heavy equipment" leaving Pollux System; but when I get there, all I find is an "ore convoy" in Castor. If I destroy it and return to Levo, nobody greets me, not even in the bar, and Levo is still "flagged" with the little red triangle. I've gone to every system in the area, yea, just about EVERY system in the galaxy, looking for a "convoy of heavy equipment", etc., or for someone to talk to me. The first time through I finally aborted the mission, and nothing happened after that anywhere. What gives? A bug? (I had a similar experience in Empire 1 and finally just gave up.)

Check in res edit
I've played the same plug but after e2 it got very boring!

------------------

I could help if you could give me the name of the mission.
----------------------
Okay, I found out where you're at! The ships are not in Castor, they're in Canopus! Lemme know how it turns out!

~Ace 😄

------------------
"There is simply nothing in life more worth doing than kicking ass for money." - J. S. Jordan, Mercenaries Guild

(This message has been edited by CaptAceHarddrive (edited 04-03-2003).)

Originally posted by CaptAceHarddrive:
I could help if you could give me the name of the mission.

Thanks Ace! I'll try to play it tonight but I'm preparing to go to NJ tomorrow morning (from Maine) so I might not get to it until I get back next week. (And I'd have to reload it -- I've gone on to a whole nother plug-in -- "New Horizons" -- which I'm enjoying more.)

------------------

I'm sorry, RC. I'm playing it now and there are two missions very similar. The one we're looking for (a heavy equipment convoy) is to be found in Castor. The other one is found in Canopus. Have a good trip! I tried playing NH, but all the system names...were messed up! Could never get that plug to work right. I got that convoy mission and destroyed every ship I could, but didn't get any information on return to Levo, so I used Res-Edit and changed the availbitset for the next mission to -1, and went on from there. Sometimes it gets that way.

~Ace 😄

------------------
"There is simply nothing in life more worth doing than kicking ass for money." - J. S. Jordan, Mercenaries Guild

As I recall, I found the ore convoy in Castor, but I'll try it again RSN. I've never used Res-Edit on EV -- is it obvious, once I open it up, what to look for (to set "the availbitset for the next mission to -1")? (If you gotta do THAT, then there's something wrong with the plug-in. Humpf.)

For NH I had to replace the primary EV files (data, sounds, graphics, titles) with the NH ones, but I left EV Tuner (only) in the plug-ins folder.

------------------