Escape Velocity: Frontiers OOC Discussion

In order to keep the story topic as spam free as possible we'll be using this topic for any OOC stuff you feel the need to post.

Fisrt of which: RMA, if you intend to enter the story you need to post your ships, techs, and other information in this topic before the story get's too far along.

------------------
Out ride the sons of Terra, Far dirves the thundering jet,
Up leaps the race of Earthmen, Out, far, and onward yet - Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth
"Saddam Hussein foregoes weapons of mass destruction (and) values human life." George W. Bush

Hey... can I join this time?

------------------
The great space parrot is a biped

as far as I know

------------------
Are we sad because it rains or does it rain because we are sad?

Trugati:
Sure we have plenty of available systems.

Ipvicus:
Thanks for the substitution's I'll get my first actions up soon... I hope.

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

Tugrati: If you want to join we still have plenty of spots. Just post the info about your government/race here, and try to get in touch with me over AIM if you have it. My handle is "Ipvicus."

Paranoid: This is just a suggestion for you to follow or blow off as you please, but would it be possible for you to write in third person? Having all of the other writers using third and one using first just tends to not integrate together well.

------------------
Up leaps the race of Earthmen, Out, far, and onward yet - Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth
"Saddam Hussein foregoes weapons of mass destruction (and) values human life." George W. Bush

Ipvicus:
Sigh, this destroys my ability to write effectively, oh well. (bitter resignation)

Trugati: Have you seen the map? It's posted in the old OOC.

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

(This message has been edited by Paranoid (edited 01-15-2003).)

Originally posted by Paranoid:
**Ipvicus:
Sigh, this destroys my ability to write effectively, oh well. (bitter resignation)

Trugati: Have you seen the map? It's posted in the old OOC.

Third person is really much easier once you get used to it. If you would like some help I'de be happy to proof-read your posts and offer advice. Do you have AIM? If no you should really consider downloading it, if you have a computer that wil run it of course.

------------------

Xenocide: Could you please edit your last post in the story? That long line of symbols is screwing up the horizonal scrolling.

------------------

Where is the map? Do we use standard EV map, or is there a new one? My apologies, I'm new at this.

------------------
The great space parrot is a biped

We need the map back up.

------------------
I see undead people.
Visit the (url="http://"http://www.wheenit.com/monkey-robot/webboard/phpBB2/index.php")Monkey-Robot boards(/url).

I know as soon as star gets his server back up...

------------------
Are we sad because it rains or does it rain because we are sad?

Xenocide, don't you have the map copy? If you do, get on AIM.

------------------
I see undead people.
Visit the (url="http://"http://www.wheenit.com/monkey-robot/webboard/phpBB2/index.php")Monkey-Robot boards(/url).

Well, it seems people have begun to construct ships so I will lay out some simple ground rules that should make this whole thing simpler and more fun for everyone.

Construction will be handled on a per Real Time Day basis. Everyone will state their production rate (the number of ships they construct each day) here, and I'll give it the final approval. If you want to change it later in the game (gaining or losing a planet, building new facilities that kind of thing) just post it in the story and let me know. If you are wondering why we aren't messing with any silly rescources it's simple: they take away from the story and make this all a big math problem. That, and those systems never take everything into account. It's easier to just assume that a government has all the materials (metal, equipment, money ect) and facilities to construct a certain ammount of ships and leave it at that.

------------------

Well, talked to Ipvicus and sorted my stuff out.

My government is mechanoid, and has no fixed system. And the techs are:

Converging Antimatter beam
Simple in premise, actually getting this to work properly is not easy. A stream of antimatter is shot out, along with a stream of normal matter. At the targetted points, they collide, and a large explosion is produced. Damage is 18 energy, 18 mass (27/27 for actual damage). However, the range is short, about a third that of a particle beam.

Energy Beam
The energy beam is a simple system, and is sheer brute force. Although useless against shields, the weapon is effective at shorting out a ships systems, and leaving a ship dead in space for the mechanoid fleet to recover.

Splinter Fighter
The Splinter Fighter is perhaps the smallest ship possible to construct. Its primary weapons system is the converging antimatter beam, deadly with just one, and even more deadly when the mechanoid swarm actually fires. It has a secondy weapons system of the energy beam, which it uses to leave ships drifting for the main fleet. In shape, it resembles a small sliver.

Shields:20
Armor:2
Speed: 800
Accel: ******
Turning: *******
Weapons: 1 Converging Antimatter Beam, 1 Energy Beam

Mechanoid Factory
The Mechanoid Factory ship is larger than other species dreadnaughts, although its actual weapons are pretty feeble, it just having a few antimatter beams for close in defence. The factory ship is capable of reproducing itself in 60 days on its own, with no outside support. This includes mining and refining the materials needed. If materials are stockpiled, production is speeded up. The factory ship also carries 150 Splinter Fighters, and is capable of replenishing them quickly. The fighters are formed to the hull when not in use, and when taking off, it looks like the factory ship is peeling. In shape, it resembles a sphere.

Shields:2500
Armor:1200
Speed: 150
Accel: *****
Turning: *
Weapons: 3 Turretted Converging Antimatter Beams, 2 Turretted Energy Beams, 150 Splinter Fighters

Mechanoid Command Ship
Over 4 times as large as the factory ship, the Mechanoid Command ship is never meant to spearhead an attack (OOC:Honest, check with Ipvicus. It wont fight unless you attack it. Not that you'll know that IC). It is very heavily armed however, and is very fast for its size. It is capable of producing a new factory ship in 12 days, starting from scratch. In shape, it resembles a slightly squashed sphere.

Shields:10000
Armor:3000
Speed: 250
Accel: *****
Turning: **
Weapons: 16 Converging Antimatter Beams, 200 Splinter Fighters.

Fleet stats:
3200 Splinter Fighters(all carried)
20 Mechanoid Factory ships
1 Mechanoid Command ship

Initial Location: System 117

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Voted most likely to be a serial killer by Insane Asylum - 2002

Eh, just wondering, but how does Paranoid have some of my ships?

------------------
I see undead people.

Who is the color Orange (in system 128) and Blue (in system 21)?

I'm gonna post what systems my ships are in.

2:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

3:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

32:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

31:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

30:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

29:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

28:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

5:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

6:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

7:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

8:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

9:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

10:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

11:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

13:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

44:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

52:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

106:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

68:
48 SR Warboats
25 LR Warboats

82:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

92:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

94:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

80:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

58:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

57:
27 SR Warboats
9 LR Warboats

------------------
I see undead people.

(This message has been edited by grunadulater (edited 01-16-2003).)

Grundy: Paranoid has a few rebel ships becuase he captured them at some point before the begining of the story. He is unable to reproduce the ships or the tech, and I approved it so it's not that big of a deal.

RMA: All of that is fine, you have my final approval of your tech and I look forward to your posts.
------------------

(This message has been edited by Vice Admiral Ipvicus (edited 01-16-2003).)

Grundulator:
Sorry about stealing your ships, I posted that I would in the old OOC. I will be looking over the designs but there will be no copyright violation. The missile interceptor was your PDS Splinter cannon. The shields referred to were the incredibly powerful Confederate Battleship shields not yours.

Trugati:
An old model of the map is posted in the old EV Webstory OOC.

------------------
"Paranoia is Life"

Originally posted by Vice Admiral Ipvicus:
**Moderation: Grundy, your attack how it is is void and needs to be edited. I know I havn't posted system information, and I also know how frustrating that can be, but you attacked what is obviously a key frontier defense nexus. I would have estimated at least 20% of my forces to be concentrated there. I don't have time to go into the range of my railguns and the readiness of my forces because I am leaving to go on a campout and won't be back till sunday. Until then lets just leave that battle as it is so we can discuss it. I'de also apprecieate it if people held off major attacks on my territory until I get back.

<sigh> 20% of your forces? How is that system a key system, while the other boarder systems aren't?

------------------
I see undead people.

OOC:

Originally posted by Paranoid:
**We have your own ships leading the assault filled with your own men in our cargo bays.

The attack is concentrated on the enemy LR Warboats knocking 3 out of combat status, as well as 1 SR Warboat...

Even though I have said it numerous time, I will say it again. My ships, and there are currently 33 SR and 11 LR, are linked by shielding. You would have to destroy 3,300 shields to get at any of my ships, seeing as they are in the sphere formation, with LR at the middle, blasting away and not getting hurt until shields fall.

I will write my post later, but please edit your post to include this information. Also, take not the the PDS and the Anti-fighter beams, all found on the 10th page of the old discussion topic.

------------------
I see undead people.