Noticeable things about EV

Originally posted by cable_guy:
**Just because I did a fed mission doesn't mean I'm a fed. Or a worm. ...
And I don't like being called a worm.

Okay! Okay! I take back the "Worm" remark.

Truth is, now that I've taken the Rebel approach as far as I have, my alter-ego "I. Will Lootya" is about to be my new Pirate pilot. Maybe -- just maybe -- I'll want another alter-ego pilot to do the Confed missions. I'll name her "Ima Worm". (I just couldn't resist.) 😄

------------------
Let's see what this button does....

Originally posted by Joolzman5:
You can do missions for the Pirates too.

where can i get these missions? And will pirates stop attacking me afterwards?

------------------
-Gavin
"He who goes to bed with an itchy butt wakes up with a smelly finger"

(This message has been edited by Starkiller (edited 01-17-2001).)

(This message has been edited by Starkiller (edited 01-17-2001).)

Originally posted by Macintosh Man:
I've noticed that pirates seem to attack 'Feds before Rebels.

Yep, thats because the confed gov id is before the rebel gov id.

Chamrin

Originally posted by Starkiller:
**where can i get these missions? And will pirates stop attacking me afterwards?

Killing Feds and Rebels in Pirate systems helps, though I haven't found it to be necessary. Occasionally, when you're in a bar, you'll be offered a mission that says something like, "I'll give you 75,000 credits if you take me to <NGC-Something or Evildromia> with no questions asked." (Note that you don't actually get paid for that first mission...) and yes, I believe pirates will stop attacking you in pirate systems if you do these missions.

------------------
—Joolzman5, that guy with the spikey red hair.
Search the boards (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/cgi-bin/ubb/search.cgi?action=intro")here.(/url)
(url="http://"http://www.bushoncrack.com")Bushoncrack!(/url)

Here's more:

1. The Pers ships (Thanks for explaining them, Carnatour.) have pretty realistic personalities.

I have dominated five Independent systems and Capella -- and the bounty hunters have stopped bugging me. I'm "Most Wanted" in the core Confed systems. I jumped into the Pollux system (Confed) and disabled, looted and vaporized 4 Confed Frigates and 2 Confed Cruisers. Out of NOWHERE Andrew's ship jumps in and starts blasting away at me(!).

Long intro, but Andrew (in a VERY beefed-up Luxury Liner) was much tougher to beat than some un-named Pers. This also made me realize...

2. Each time I enter a system and discover Matt's Kestrel is there, I attempt to hail him and fail -- because he's already jumping away. And...

3. Gayle ("Men are pigs!") must have some creative Agression program in her Pers. Sometimes she attacks me. Sometimes she does not. (But I've taken to attacking her whenever I find her now.)

4. All of the above makes me wonder how long it will be before I jump into a system and all the "Rotten-chester" EV pilots are ganged-up to blast ME.... Ah, the anticipation of a good brawl really gets my blood pumping...!

------------------
Let's see what this button does....

I've just started playing "Hostile Takeover" and I noticed that: 1)Sometimes (rarely), just as soon as I jump into a system, that system hates me (ex. I was just passing through Pelagon, and as soon as I looked at the map, they had me listed as "Most Wanted," even though I did nothing in their system (and am just peachy in all other systems))
2)I noticed that some of the indy systems hated me as soon as I left Levo (before first mission) 3)I've done work for Confeds and destroyed bunches of Rebel ships, yet, I usually find myself being shot at by Confed ships in certain systems (Antares, most often). Since I am working for them, I do not shoot back, yet I do have a (stolen) cloaking device and use it when I have to land on a planet/station in that system.
4)In some plugs (like "Hostile Takeover"), certain missions repeat over and over. I'm not speaking of missions like Astex's "drill some ore on X planet"... I'm speaking of ones that are supposed to be a "do it once and that is it" kind of thing (ex: In "Hostile Takeover, the "Transport Dirk Slaubah" mission, Dirk asks me once to take him to Dune, which I do. When I get back to Astex Station, he asks me again! And again! The same thing happened when the guys at Maskirovka needed me to pick up a scientist. I did the job and was thanked for it. Checked the bar, and was given the mission again!)
5)Sometimes, some systems will have me listed as "Offender," yet will still have the blue ring around it on the map.

-Ace 😄

------------------
Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur
- Oh! Was I speaking Latin again? Silly me. Sometimes it just sort of slips out

Everyones probably noticed, but from the Hitchhiker book, there is a planet named Breeblebrox. On a very different matter, in Hitchhiker there is a planet/system named Betlegeuse. As an e and it's Beetlegeuse.

------------------
Douglas Adams, "I love deadlines. I love the 'whooshing' sound they make as they go bye."