EVGE - Alien Missions

I've played EVGE many times before ( it's still one of my favourite EV plug-ins besides of course Pale, Galactic Scourge, New Horizons and Clavius and Beyond ) , but I've never played the Alien Missions.

After reading the Read Me file I went to the Alien Base, but no introductory mission was offered. I haven't seen the 'Mother' ship yet.

Where do I need to go to obtain the first mission. Is it the Maia system?

BTW - The alien ships, especially the Alien Attack Fighter and the Marauder, are IMHO the most challenging ships to fight in EV, EVO or EVN.
They seem to be indestructible!

------------------

(This message has been edited by Afterburner (edited 09-22-2002).)

Originally posted by Afterburner:
**I've played EVGE many times before ( it's still one of my favourite EV plug-ins besides of course Pale, Galactic Scourge, New Horizons and Clavius and Beyond ) , but I've never played the Alien Missions.

After reading the Read Me file I went to the Alien Base, but no introductory mission was offered. I haven't seen the 'Mother' ship yet.

You need to wait for it. It's a pers so it's got a very low chance of actually showing itself. I believe the ship's name is actually Alien Mother Ship*

Where do I need to go to obtain the first mission. Is it the Maia system?

Yes, I believe so.

BTW - The alien ships, especially the Alien Attack Fighter and the Marauder, are IMHO the most challenging ships to fight in EV, EVO or EVN.
They seem to be indestructible!

Heh. Yep. They're a bitch. There aren't really any decent tactics you can use either. They're extremely hard to kill no matter what. I've had trouble killing their battlecruisers as well. I don't think I've ever really done much damage to the Attack Fighters at all. The Mother Ships and the Marauders are slightly easier to kill but not much. P.A. Nukes help.

-AJ

------------------
0-60 3.0s...1320ft/9.2s...Head Gasket Bursts...

Originally posted by AJ:
**Heh. Yep. They're a bitch. There aren't really any decent tactics you can use either. They're extremely hard to kill no matter what. I've had trouble killing their battlecruisers as well. I don't think I've ever really done much damage to the Attack Fighters at all. The Mother Ships and the Marauders are slightly easier to kill but not much. P.A. Nukes help.

-AJ

Yeah. Disintegrator (on the Marauder) aside, the only thing I've seen take out an Alien Attack Fighter has been the P.S.S. Wraith. That was cool.

I suppose you could try dropping a few tons of space bombs near one and hope it flies into them...

------------------
Mike Lee (Firebird)
Visit Cymltaneous Solutions: (url="http://"http://cs.paching.com/")http://cs.paching.com/(/url)

The very first alien mission is one where someone (an alien, by my guess) in concealing clothes, asks you to go to the Maia system and retrieve an/some alien artifact(s). You can't land on the planet, so dock at the station. You'll have to launch and dock many times before you see the mothership. Hail the mothership and you'll be given the next mission. The one thing I like about EVGE is lotsa battles! You kinda get tired of the same Confeds vs Rebels battles, which you encounter just about everywhere. EVGE is fantastic! I finished the Polaris string and am trying to start the Proximan string.
Enjoy!

-Ace 😄

------------------
"Time's fun when you're having flies."--Kermit the Frog

The obscenely powerful Polaris experimental weapon works well on the alien ships, especially if you're in the mood to capture the Marauder or the command ship. The Orion capital ship has enough crew to board those two.