EMPIRE Webstory OOC Discussion

You call focusing all your power on the ship most likely to survive smart? In my opinion killing a few fighters is much better thta only getting a Beam Cruiser to 50%.

------------------
Out ride the sons of Terra,
Far dirves the thundering jet,
Up leaps the race of Earthmen,
Out, far, and onward yet - Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth

Are you conceding the fact that fighters shouldn't cost extra money? I still haven't heard a mod other than you tell me no. And it just doesn't make sense that RMA doesn't have to pay for nukes surely nukes involve labor, just like putting together fighters. I still argue that its the principal of the thing, and that you can't really draw a line.

Edit: I don't want to seem pissed off about this. So if I come off that way, I apologize. I just feel strongly in this.

------------------
The Thunderhead Lance and Ion Cannon: Coming to an outfitter near you!

(This message has been edited by specops (edited 08-09-2002).)

Originally posted by specops:
**Are you conceding the fact that fighters shouldn't cost extra money? I still haven't heard a mod other than you tell me no. And it just doesn't make sense that RMA doesn't have to pay for nukes surely nukes involve labor, just like putting together fighters. I still argue that its the principal of the thing, and that you can't really draw a line.

Edit: I don't want to seem pissed off about this. So if I come off that way, I apologize. I just feel strongly in this.

Too bad, I can draw a line, and I will. Rearming all of RMA's Tyrants with Nuclear rockets would cost 17.5M, and he hasn't has cause to rearm but a few of them so far. Those illegal fighters you got for free cost 31.5M and that is just from rearming your Carriers! And on top of that your fighters will be getting free ammo as well! It was a nice try but I will not allow you to get away with it. Those fighter break the most basic rule of this webstory: Common Sense. Technicly those fighers can be considered ammuniton, but you know as well as I do that it's not fair to the reast of the players if you replace them as such. A fighter costs much more and takes alot more time and effort to assemble than even a nuclear rocket. I have talked to Esponer, and we came to an agreement that those fighters are void. Rework you battle at Pollux and fight it without them.

------------------

I've Decided to change my name. It will be: "Theepe Penguin" so refer to me as theepe

------------------
"You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose. But you cant pick your friends nose."- Me

Hey LonePenguin, in your final statistics for your battle at Polaris, how many Hunn'sta destroyers do you have left. 2 or 6?

------------------

Originally posted by Vice Admiral Ipvicus:
**Too bad, I can draw a line, and I will. Rearming all of RMA's Tyrants with Nuclear rockets would cost 17.5M, and he hasn't has cause to rearm but a few of them so far. Those illegal fighters you got for free cost 31.5M and that is just from rearming your Carriers! And on top of that your fighters will be getting free ammo as well! It was a nice try but I will not allow you to get away with it. Those fighter break the most basic rule of this webstory: Common Sense. Technicly those fighers can be considered ammuniton, but you know as well as I do that it's not fair to the reast of the players if you replace them as such. A fighter costs much more and takes alot more time and effort to assemble than even a nuclear rocket. I have talked to Esponer, and we came to an agreement that those fighters are void. Rework you battle at Pollux and fight it without them.

Fair enough. I just wanted a second opinion. And actually, according to my calculations, RMA has used something like 35 or so nuclear rockets. I just think that it should be all or nothing. Consider my battle at Pollux void; I'll delete that now. My fleet is at Tiber for the time being.

(Edit: I'll be gone until Wednesday, so please don't attack me, but I know that is asking too much. Asriel, the fleet is yours. And Ipvicus, where (i)do(/) you draw the line for free ammo? I would like to know this so I can make more informed decisions later on. And one last question: What's the rule on where you can purchase defense fleets? Can you purchase them anywhere, or only newly conquered systems?)
------------------
The Thunderhead Lance and Ion Cannon: Coming to an outfitter near you!

(This message has been edited by specops (edited 08-09-2002).)

Originally posted by firestorm:
**Hey LonePenguin, in your final statistics for your battle at Polaris, how many Hunn'sta destroyers do you have left. 2 or 6?

I have 2 left

------------------
"You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose. But you cant pick your friends nose."- Me

Originally posted by specops:
but if you would point out where I took the damage that I supposedly should've taken, I will be happy to edit my post. quod erat demonstratum

Of course I can't, you silly bugger. I agree with your maths entirely - for Christ's sake, I suggested the idea - but sometimes you have to take losses to pacify the moderator/creator.

Originally posted by Ipvicus:
Rearming all of RMA's Tyrants with Nuclear rockets would cost 17.5M

(cut)I'm not going to say that when my original figures are elsewhere, just to be sure, but it's higher than that(/cut)

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 08-10-2002).)

Hey Admiral, considering how you reduced my fleet to ashes, I'd think my beam cruiser's 4 lasers with go through a ship capabilities plus an attack cruiser and some destroyers and around 15 fighters could probably destroy more than one lousy 4 mil frigate. But if you say so, I'm off to play Warcraft 3, becayse I'm basically dead..... 🙂

------------------
Go Red Sox, Go Bruins, Go Celtics, Go Patriots.

Here is the line: Ammo is free, ships aren't. There are any number of ways I could justify this, including stockpiles of ammo already existing, and the fact that ammo can be mass produced much easier than entire starfighters.

Kyle: How would you suggest I rework my post?

------------------

According to RMA i am dead right?

------------------

Originally posted by TheLonePenguin:
**According to RMA i am dead right?

Well, not quite, but you are as soon as the next lot of nukes smash into you. I couldnt wipe you completely out, since that would be a one post battle.

RMA

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Voted most likely to be a serial killer by Insane Asylum - 2002

It was pretty much a one post battle anyway, bad move on your part penguin, if you had stayed and fought you would at least have inflicted some damage.

------------------

This post is my 1 week notice. I will have no connection for 2 weeks.

------------------
3rrd Party EV Site: (url="http://"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EscapeVeolcityGroup")http://groups.yahoo....peVeolcityGroup(/url)

It's alright, but I have a question. How the hell does rma get to have to all these nukes that can take out ships in one or two hits. Sorta makes a battle seem unfair, after looking at what he did to penguin. Decoy flares or anything could realistically take out any nukes.

------------------
Go Red Sox, Go Bruins, Go Celtics, Go Patriots.

I'm not sure if it even matters anymore, but I think it would be good if RMA was a bit more clear with his use of nuclear rockets. I don't think he has had any losses yet.

------------------