The EMPIRE Webstory

The time has finally come, after several delays the webstory is starting. The only addition I have to make to the rules is this: Nobody can make any attacks until everyone has posted at least one time.

Important Information:
(url="http://"http://members.aol.com/matrekie/webstory.htm")The EMPIRE Webstory Homepage(/url)
(url="http://"http://members.aol.com/matrekie/empire/shipyards.htm")EMPIRE Shipyards(/url)
(url="http://"http://members.aol.com/matrekie/empire/story.htm")EMPIRE Background Story(/url)
(url="http://"http://members.aol.com/matrekie/empire/rules.htm")EMPIRE Rules(/url)
(url="http://"http://members.aol.com/matrekie/empire/Govs.htm")EMPIRE Governments Info(/url)
----------------------------

A Concise History Of The Conflict

2240 - Human race makes formal first contact with the Brox

2241 - Brox homeworld of Zarbroxx invaded and captured
- Terran Star Empire begins to formulate as moderate members of
Earth's
governing council are pushed aside by more militant interests

2242 - Other three sentients discovered by deep space cruisers/probes
- Hunn'stach and its support colony Arra'tos are quickly annexed

2243 - Calan colony worlds are captured, homeworld falls within three months
- Support for the 'new order' on Earth grows amongst powerful
industrial
conglomerates who relish the potential of resource filled worlds and
an unlimited supply of virtual slave labour

2244 - Militants complete final purges of moderates from Earth's government
- Terran Navy begins its campaign against the Sauridians

2245 - Sauridia finally annexed after nearly nine months of intense fighting
- Both Sauridian colonies fall soon after homeworld's surrender
- Terran Navy suffers its worse recorded casualties yet (including the
notorious Farazon Campaigns) with 265 warships destroyed or disabled
and over 200,000 officers and crew reported lost

2246 - The Terran Star Empire is officially formed
- Central Command formally replaces Earth's governing body
- Terran Navy becomes the Colonial Navy, its primary commission to
defend Earth's annexed holdings and deter against any dissention
- Mass production of Naval warship platforms begins at Luna's shipyards

2247 - Central Command purges the last vestiges of dissention from Earth's
now-defunct original ruling government

2248 - The Empire firmly establishes control over much of the known galaxy
- Use of slave labour in the annexed outer rim results in record
industrial production and solidifies Central Command's hold on power

2249 - uprising begins on Zarbroxx and quickly spreads to most of planet
- Empire forces routed and forced to temporarily evacuate Zaphod system
- Slave revolts begin in most of the Empire's annexed outer rim

2250 - The Weave is formed with the Brox and Hunn'sta its founding members
- Calan and Sauridians soon join as The Uprising begans in earnest
- Full scale war commences between the Empire and the fledgling alliance

2251 - Empire military supremacy forces the production of The Weave's first
dedicated warships, the Argosy class destroyer and the Tavora class
Attack Cruiser, which helps score a major Weave offensive in the
Yemuro system. Other new ship designs are soon fielded as the
conflict intensifies
- Central Command commissions powerful new warship platforms which
counter many of The Weave's initial battlefield successes

The year is 2252, the war between the Weave Alliance and the Terran Star Empire has entered as lull. Terran forces, reeling from their sudden defeat during the Uprising, have retreated to their inner colonies to lick their wounds. Meanwhile the represenatives of the former Terran slave races meet on the Brox world of Palshife to solidify their oposition to the Terrans. While the two superpowers gird themselves for battle, two new players prepare to enter the stage of galactic conflict.

------------------
Out ride the sons of Terra,
Far dirves the thundering jet,
Up leaps the race of Earthmen,
Out, far, and onward yet - Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth

ya right, and no one posts

------------------
Peace, Love, and Chicken Grease
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum26/HTML/007247.html")Event Horizon 2 Sign-Up(/url)
(url="http://"http://evula.com") EVula's Lair(/url)| (url="http://"http://starfleet-ssf.com/index2.html")The SSF(/url) | (url="http://"mailto:jager@evula.net")mailto:jager@evula.net(/url)jager@evula.net

The digital timer on the bomb silently ticked down. Ten, nine, eight, seven.... It was situated at an odd angle, not visible from the room above. Three, two, one. At that moment, the glass separating the two components of the binary weapon was broken. The bomb started rocking violently as the two harmless chemicals reacted to each other. The explosion was hard and fast. The metal grating above the bomb was viciously torn up, launching shrapnel across the room. The jagged metal sliced through flesh, and body parts were scattered through-out the room. As anticipated, the Chairman was thrown outside the building by his bodyguards.

The sniper was examining the extrance to the building when he heard the explosion. Training the sights of his custom built .45 caliber rifle on the door, he zoomed in. He watched as the Chairman was ejected from the building, and promptly honed in on Mal's head. He pulled the trigger twice. The first pull locked the rifle in place. On the second pull, the titanium pulse rifle reacted smoothly, launching a hardened, titanium reinforced, slug. Impacting the target at a hypersonic speed, the bullet snapped cleanly though his head, leaving a small hole above his right eye. The sniper quickly activated a wrist beacon, and a hover bike activated next to him. He sped off into the forest.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Nathan, I really don't see the point in practicing this operation so many times. The teams are so well versed in it that they could do it with their eyes closed."

General Nathan Carlson reclined in the old leather chair and rubbed his eyes. Despite his luxurious life as a retired Terran military leader, he was solidly opposed to their policies. He was one of the key members of a progressive underground movement called "The Arsenal of Freedom", dedicated to the reinstitution of democracy in the Empire. His experience in the elite Terran special ops corps allowed him a unique vantage point denied to his comrades. That was why he was put in command of the operation to eliminate the Terran central leadership. He already had recruited a sympathetic Terran naval commander, who was willing to assist him in removing the oppressive regime. But he was worried about the operation, worried about the results.

He smirked and thought to himself. And so the games will begin. I hope the players and ready to play. I know I am.

Posted Image
Terran Star Empire Memo
Classified
From the desk of Grand Marshal Scalding
To whom it may concern:

As you may or may not be aware, our enemies have building up their navies, attempting to force an armed confrontation with us. Even now, massive weave and pirate fleets are being contructed. Their factories are churning out huge quantities of tanks and attack vehicles. To prevent their build up from overpowering us, I have initiated my own military construction scheme. Our industrial machine, the most advanced in the galaxy, is currently assembling a massive military force. Millions, upon millions, of tanks and armoed vehicles are being built, prepared to defend our space. Four powerful fleets currently prowl the galaxy, patrolling our space and ensuring our integrity. An overview of their statistics is provided below.

BattleGroup One:
Commander: Marshal Flocus
1 Dreadnought (Upgraded: Torpedoes changed to Neutron Torpedoes, 1 Particle Beam added)
4 Neutron Cruisers
2 Missile Cruisers

BattleGroup Two:
Commander: Marshal Thomas
4 Neutron Cruisers
4 Missile Cruisers

BattleGroup Three:
Commander: Marshal Sarek
Player Commander: General Rak
1 Dreadnought: 22M
2 Neutron Cruisers: 19.2M
2 Missile Cruisers: 16M
3 Frigates: 12M
Total: 69.2M

BattleGroup Four:
Commander: Marshal O'Brien
5 Neutron Cruisers
3 Missile Cruisers

Fighter Group One:
Commander: Captain Stuart
Ships:
1 Valkery
10 P-36
10 G-56

The orders and formations of the ships are as follows:

BattleGroup One:

The entire fleet will stay within minimum effective neutron torpedo range of the hyperjump entry point. If a fleet attacks them, they will fire all of their guided ordinance at the maximum effective range (staying out of the enemy firing envelope the entire time, and organizing the munitions launches for maximum efficiency), and then move in for the kill. The fighters (which will be launched at the start of combat) will protect the capital ships from other fighters.

BattleGroup Two:
The entire fleet will stay within minimum effective neutron torpedo range of the hyperjump entry point. If a fleet attacks them, they will fire all of their guided ordinance at the maximum effective range (staying out of the enemy firing envelope the entire time, and organizing the munitions launches for maximum efficiency), and then move in for the kill. The fighters (which will be launched at the start of combat) will protect the capital ships from other fighters.

BattleGroup Three:
The fleet (minus the frigates, which will sit just behind the hyperspace entry point) will stay within minimum effective neutron torpedo range of the hyperjump entry point. If a fleet attacks them, the main body of the fleet will fire all of their guided ordinance at the maximum effective range (staying out of the enemy firing envelope the entire time, and organizing the munitions launches for maximum efficiency). The frigates will aggressively attack the capital ships of the enemy, fighting them at minimum effective range (ie. out of all unnecessary firing envelopes). The fleet will then move in for the kill. The fighters (which will be launched at the start of combat) will protect the capital ships from other fighters.

BattleGroup Four:

Fighter Group One:
The elite fighter reinforcement squadron will be deployed as the commander sees fit.

Our planetary defense fleets consist of the following warships.

Colony System Defense Fleet:
1 Neutron Cruiser
1 Missile Cruiser
2 Gunboats
2 Patrol Ships

Core System Defense Fleet:
2 Neutron Cruisers
2 Missile Cruisers
1 Attack Frigate
1 Gunboat

Sol Defense Fleet:
5 Neutron Cruisers
1 Dreadnought
3 Missile Cruisers
1 Attack Frigate
4 Patrol Ships

The orders and formations of the ships are as follows:

The colony defense fleet capital ships will remain at the optimal launch envelope of their guided weapons while firing at the enemy. The will remain out of the enemy's firing envelope as best as possible. Once their ammunitions is expended, they will tear into the enemy in a head on assault. The fighters will protect the capital ships from other fighters.

The core defense fleet capital ships will remain at the optimal launch envelope of their guided weapons while firing at the enemy. The will remain out of the enemy's firing envelope as best as possible. Once their ammunitions is expended, they will tear into the enemy in a head on assault. The fighters will protect the capital ships from other fighters.

The Sol defense fleet capital ships (minus the frigate, which will aggressively attack the capital ships of the enemy, fighting them at minimum effective range (ie. out of all unnecessary firing envelopes)) will remain at the optimal launch envelope of their guided weapons while firing at the enemy. They will remain out of the enemy's firing envelope as best as possible. Once their ammunitions is expended, they will tear into the enemy in a head on assault. The fighters will protect the capital ships from other fighters.

Another memo addressing security issues will be sent out soon. Please be prepared to modify your current security scheme.

Posted Image
Terran Star Empire Memo
Classified
From the desk of Finance Minister Caplan
To Grand Marshal Scalding:

We have recently recieved an infusion of forty million credits of liquid capital from one of our industrial backers. He says that he wants the military to use the assets to help protect his interests. I have therefore forwarded the funding to you.

IDU Banking Corporation Memo
Classified
From the desk of Chairman Riley
To whom it may concern:

Please place the forty million credits in a secure vault. We wouldn't want to lose this important capital.

Posted Image
Terran Star Empire Memo
Classified
From the desk of Field Marshal Chekov
To Chairman Mal:

Terran intelligence suggests that the new pirate factions have gained considerable resources. Our agents report that they are raising fleets of massive proportions. I suggest that you look into the possibility of snagging them as allies. One of them in particular seems to be quite intelligent and powerful.

------------------
General Rak - PowerBroker - (url="http://"mailto:power64@optonline.net")mailto:power64@optonline.net(/url)power64@optonline.net

Blackthorne Corporation Fleet Summary
Darven Defence Fleet
6 Tyrants
37 Corvettes

Pirates Cove Defence Fleet
2 Tyrants
2 Kestrels
12 Corvettes

Privateers Haven Defence Fleet
2 Tyrants
2 Kestrels
12 Corvettes

Attack Force - Based in Darven
1 Flagship Tyrant - Heavily Modified
10 Tyrants
20 Corvettes
6 Kestrels

--------
Blackthorne Station - Blackthorne Corporations Board of Directors
"As all members can see, while our current fleet deployments show we can easily defend ourselves, the current political climate will make it hard to expand our influence. If you look at your monitors, you will see the Futures Division has come up with a few proposals. I ask you look at Option #1."

As the members of the Board of Directors read over the proposal, a range of looks passed over each members face. By the time they had finished reading, all members looked pleased, even if not very happy.

"As all members can see, this option gives us a number of options in the future, and ensures we are not kept too tied down to a single policy. If all members could now vote, we can proceed."

As each member voted, Chairman Rivay sat back and thought over the other reports the Futures Division had sent. The going ahead with this plan would allow several possibilities, all of them favourable.

"Now that all members have given their approval, the Defence Division has asked for an appropriation of funds to upgrade all ships under our control. Projections show the upgrade will improve our forces fighting ability several fold. I expect you will all agree with me."

The directors quickly voted, and funds were diverted to upgrade the fleets light warships.

"All matters needing attending to have been dealt with, and this meeting is now called to a close. All members please be present at the next meeting."

--------

Message To: Empire Command
Message From: Blackthorne Corporation
Message Subject: Assistance
Encrypted
The Blackthorne Corporation is ready to offer the Empire its assistance in dealing with The Weave. If you wish to discuss terms, we will send a representative to Polaris.
Message Ends

--------
Starting funds:61,059,090

40,000,000 credits transfered to Blackthorne Defence Corporation.
Corvettes Laser Turrets being replaced with Plasma Emitters. ETA:40 posts

Current funds:21,059,090

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Voted most likely to be a serial killer by Insane Asylum - 2002

(This message has been edited by RMA (edited 08-01-2002).)

(This message has been edited by RMA (edited 08-02-2002).)

Fleet Admiral Firestorm: at the Spaceport on New Atigua. Just recently being given command of a new fleet of pirate vessels. As I walked through the spaceport inspecting the vessels of my fleet. I issued a meeting for all of the captains of their respective
vessels.

As they all entered(almost all had a bottle of brandy in hand) it appeared as though they were all loyal and were not going to go out for themselves. "I have prepared a brief text on how we will be fighting our battles", I said. As they all finished reading them it appeared that some were getting a little bloodthirsty already. "Each of you has been given a command of a vessel and are expected to take orders from myself or Vehn Dorja." Our main weapon will be our quickness from our fighters and the use of missiles. I ended the speech with a quick drink of brandy and watched as all of the Captains left.

I gathered my things and once again headed out for the spaceport and boarded my flag ship, the Southern Loon.

Fleet Stats
5 Tyrant Crusiers-42M
3 Kestrels-10.95M
14 Rapiers-10.99M
16 Lightnings-10.56M
Southern Loon-5.0M
1 Defender-425K

----------------------------------
Message To Vehn Dorja- This is Fleet Commander Firestorm, all appears to be well with my fleet sir, I have briefed all of the captains on our command structure and now await your orders.
Message ends

------------------

(This message has been edited by firestorm (edited 08-01-2002).)

Calan leader Merlin Trilar sits at the command desk of the Central Security Agency deep in the depths of the Calan oceans...

Rising from his seat and regarding the communications officer, Merin spoke,
"Send a subspace comm to our leader in Palshife, and advise him to seek contact with the Evildrome/New Antiguan Confederacy. Inform him of the situation which he has most likely already suspected, and advise him to tell the pirate leader of the northeast sector that a rival seeks to make unprecedented gains in wealth and power in the southwest sector of the galaxy. Tell him that to maintain the balance of power between himself and this rather large pirate dominion, it would be in his best interests to intervene."

"Arrange for my return to my fleet immediately. I must be present for any events that soon and inevitably must take place."

On the command deck of the Beam Cruiser Endurance , in high orbit over the Calan planet, President Merlin distributes orders among his fleet.

Calan fleet commanded by Merlin Trilar (Kylethekender545):

1 modified Beam Cruiser, Flagship Endurance = 14 mil
2 Tavora class Attack Cruisers = 16.4 mil
2 Weave Argosy class Destroyers = 8 mil
6 Calan Destroyers = 16.8 mil
(Fighters carried/included):
4 Stingrays (Endurance)
8 Mantas (Attack Cruisers)
12 Calan Heavy Fighters (Calan Destroyers)
Total: $55.2 mil

orders:

In the immediate time after any arrival of a Terran fleet, main threat being the 4 neutron cruisers and missile cruisers located in the Pelagon system, have all ships under strict orders to retreat out of range of the neutron turrets on the neutron cruisers. Orders are to engage missile cruisers out of the range of the neutron blasts. The Endurance will have special orders upon any occurrence, which will be distributed immediately after an attack. To ensure the operation of these orders, The Endurance must remain behind all other ships and only use tracking weapons before orders permit. Fighters are to spread into formation and engage targets one at a time, and above all, avoid the powerful neutron turrets of any neutron cruisers.

Colony defense fleet orders:

Avoid entering range of Neutron Cruisers and concentrate all fire on capital ships individually.

"Alert me of anything that arises. Remain on high alert above Calan. And on one last note, alert our leader asriel that he can contact me on private comm channel AIM with the orientation signal of 'Kylethekender.' That is all. Dismissed.

------------------
Go Red Sox, Go Bruins, Go Celtics, Go Patriots.

(This message has been edited by Kylethekender545 (edited 08-01-2002).)

Vaten twisted around in his plush chair and reviewed the specs of his Alliance's fleets.

Weave Alliance fleet, commanded by specops
1 Beam Cruiser, flagship WSS Trimension - $14M
1 Weave Destroyer Presidential Transport, WSS Spider Queen - Not usually with fleet, but
included for price purposes
2 Escort Carriers - $27M
13 Weave Destroyers - $52M
2 Mantas - $1M
Total: $94M

Calan fleet, commanded by Kylethekender
1 modified Beam Cruiser, Flagship Endurance - 14 mil
2 Tavora class Attack Cruisers - 16.4 mil
2 Weave Argosy class Destroyers - 8 mil
6 Calan Destroyers - 16.8 mil
Total: $55.2 mil

Hunn'sta fleet, commanded by TheLonePenguin - I'm making your fleet, since you never posted it anywhere I can find.
1 Weave Destroyer flagship, Genesis - $4.8M
Additions: + 1 Pulse Turret, - all Railguns, + 1 X-Ray Laser, + 1 Torpedo Tube, + 15 Torpedoes, -
all Missiles and Missile Racks
6 Hunn'sta Warships - $13.2M
2 Escort Carriers - $27M
Total: $45M

Brox fleet, commanded by Golbez - Andrew, I fixed up your fleet a bit, as I realized that Escort Carriers are very useful.
1 Brox Avenger flagship, BRS Gambit - $8.5M
1 Escort Carrier - $13.5M
5 Avenger Warships - $30M
4 Stingrays - $3M
Total: $55M

Sauridian fleet, commanded by SilverDragon
1 Shuttlecraft flagship, unnamed
10 Battle Dragons - $42M
13 Laser Ships - $22.1M
Total: $64.1M

Weave Colony Defense Fleet
1 Beam Cruiser - $11.5M
2 Destroyers - $8M
1 Manta - $500k
Total: $20M

Weave Core Defense Fleet
1 Beam Cruiser - $11.5M
1 Attack Cruiser - $8.2M
5 Destroyers - $20M
Total: $39.7M

Palshife Defense Fleet
4 Beam Cruisers - $46M
4 Escort Carriers - $54M
Total: $100M

Zarbroxx Defense Fleet
7 Brox Avenger Warships - $35M
2 Stingrays - $1.5M
Total: $50M

Hunn'stach Defense Fleet
1 Beam Cruiser - $11.5M
7 Hunn'sta Warships - $15.4M
5 Weave Destroyers - $20M
4 Stingrays - $3M
Total: $49.9M

Calanar Defense Fleet
1 Beam Cruiser - $11.5M
5 Calan Destroyers - $14M
6 Weave Destroyers - $24M
1 Manta - $500k
Total: $49.5M

Sauron Defense Fleet
3 Escort Carriers - $40.5M
5 Laser Ships - $8.5M
2 Mantas - $1M
Total: $50M

Sauridian Colony Defense Fleet
3 Laser Ships - $5.1M
2 Stingrays - $1.5M
Total: $20.1M

Please note that the Brox, Calan, and Hunn'sta use Weave Alliance defense fleets for Colony and Core Worlds.

The computer finally finished spitting out information, and Vaten reviewed it. He quickly decided that the Calan fleet needed to be placed at its capital, and that the Weave fleet should go at Tiber. After a bit of research on Terran and Pirate fleet positions, he put the Hunn'sta fleet at Ov'ron, and the Brox at Zaphod. The Sauridian fleet went at Sauron.

General Defense Orders for Weave Alliance fleet: Except for Escort Carriers, keep all ships at minimum possible torpedo range from hyperspace exit point. Position Carriers directly behind to supply fighters as needed. Leave the pair of Mantas with the Carriers. Once enemy enters, fire all torpedoes, then move in for the close kill.

=============

OOC: I thought we didn't get income the first page. RMA seems to have money from somewhere. If we do get money, Ipvicus, how much do I get?

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.evula.com/jokes/world_history.html")The World According To Students(/url)

(This message has been edited by asriel (edited 08-01-2002).)

Originally posted by asriel:
OOC: I thought we didn't get income the first page. RMA seems to have money from somewhere. If we do get money, Ipvicus, how much do I get?

40M infusion.

Also, what do you mean by maximum torpedo range?
------------------
General Rak - PowerBroker - (url="http://"mailto:power64@optonline.net")mailto:power64@optonline.net(/url)power64@optonline.net

um, deleted

Originally posted by General Rak:
**40M infusion.

Also, what do you mean by maximum torpedo range?**

Oops, I said maximum. Edited to say minimum.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.evula.com/jokes/world_history.html")The World According To Students(/url)

Sa'amo Vaten, President of the Weave, was still sitting at his desk when he got a message from Chief Advisor P'rek.

(To: Vaten)
(From: P'rek)
President, we have just received a bonus of $40M from our backer on Levo. What do you recommend we do with this?

(To: P'rek)
(To: Vaten)
We desperately need our fighters' main weapons upgraded. See if there is a way to fit Sauridian thermal lasers onto them instead of laser cannons.

===========

RESEARCH PROJECTS
Title: Weave Fighter Upgrade Program
Cost: $25M
ETA: 50 posts

------------------

Mal called over one of his aides and whispered into his ear. "Tell the Blackthorne Corporation to send a diplomatic envoy directly to Earth. I will conduct the negotiations personally." The aide scurried out of the room and sent the message.

------------------

Chairman Rivay looked up from the reports he was reading, at the monitor to his left. It had started beeping with his priority code. Flicking a switch, he read the message which came up and nodded. Hitting a few more keys, he opened a comm channel to his second on the board.

"Melthay, get in one of the Requisition Fleets corvettes and head for Earth. The Empire has said it will listen to us. Ensure the crew have reprogrammed the IIF beacon to neutral. The board will hope you arrive back quickly."

"Certainly Chairman, I will report as soon as I arrive."

Sitting back Rivay decided he should go and relax. Nothing currently needed attending to after all.

--------

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Vaten turned to his computer screen to give more direct orders to the five fleets under his command.

(BEGIN MSG, 0130)
(From: Vaten)
(To: specops)
(WAR ORDERS, HEAVILY ENCRYPTED)

Admiral specops, I want you to make a quick attack on Ruby with your entire fleet ASAP. Don't worry about Tiber, just go for Ruby. I think we're going to lose a few systems relatively quickly, and we need to balance our account, so to speak. If Tiber is attacked, have the torpedo-bearing ships line up at minimum-effective firing range, and leave the Attack Cruiser slightly off to the side. After torpedoes have been fired, unload all fighters and advance forward, keeping the Beam Cruiser's laser end in front. Fire missiles when in range, and destroy as many ships as possible.

(END MSG)
----------
(BEGIN MSG, 0147)
(To: Kylethekender)

Calan President Kyle, I want you to defend, until we see the intentions of the Terran fleet stationed in the Pelagon system. If they attack Nexus, go to defend it. If they go for Sirgil, go to the Veego system and wait there. Once they enter, fire all torpedoes and missiles at maximum possible range and unload all fighters. Move in the the Beam Cruiser in front, supported by Tavoras and Weave Destroyers. Leave the Calan Destroyers in back, and move the fighters out to engage enemy fighters.

(END MSG)
----------
(BEGIN MSG, 0201)
(To: TheLonePenguin)

Hunn'sta President, my first instruction to you is to ignore Arra'shta. RMA's forces are likely to move through and attack that planet. Do not go to defend it. If he attacks any other Hunn'sta system, however, move quickly. Have all ships in the Hunn'stach defense fleet positioned directly behind the hyperspace exit point at all times. If Terrans enter, batter them with railguns and pulse turrets while firing ordinance. Attempt to stay out of the way of the neutron turrets.

(END MSG)
----------
(BEGIN MSG, 0220)
(To: SilverDragon)
(ENCRYPTED)

Admiral, among all of my commanders I trust you the most. I know that you will know what to do if there is an attack. That is all.

(END MSG)
----------
(BEGIN MSG, 0228)
(To: Korlin)
(ENCRYPTED)

Finuel, I know you dislike me for being Terran by birth. However, as the President of the Weave Alliance, I am telling you that you will follow me, or learn the hard way. At all times, leave Brox' defense fleet behind the exit point for hyperspace, for surprise value. Avengers can run very fast, fortunately, if they get in range of neutron weaponry. Once the Terrans enter, unleash pulse hell on them. You have 38 total fighters. Use them well. With your own fleet, it is stationed at Brox until further notice.

==========

RESEARCH PROJECTS
Title: Weave Fighter Upgrade
Price: $25M
ETA: 49 posts

Remaining Credits: $15.7M

OOC: Golbez is going to be gone until Sunday, so this may move slowly for a couple days.

------------------

Admiral S’veth Nighol was browsing over an enormous star chart of the entire galaxy when a sharp knock on the portal interrupted him. Nighol opened the door to see a young ensign. He seemed very excited that he would have the privilege of speaking to the Admiral, however shortly. “Sir” he began,”Communications has received a transmission from Weave President Vaten. He has sent you your orders. Here they are, Sir.” Nighol looked down at the sealed package. He took it off of the ensign. “Thank you, Ensign.” With that, he closed the portal. He grunted as he sat down in his chair, as it was nowhere near as comfortable as what you would find anywhere else. Fortunes of war. What do you expect? he thought to himself. He opened up the sealed package, and scanned its contents. He powered up his communications terminal that would route his message to where it needed to go.

To: Weave President Vaten
Subject: Various
Priority: Moderate
Encryption: High

President Vaten, I agree entirely with the orders that you have issued. Perhaps you will be able to convince our Sauridian allies to strike at Olympus as well, as that system is poorly defended too. Also, regarding your recent order of the Weave Fighter Upgrade, will my fighters need to dry dock for a day or two to be upgraded? Or will I receive a shipment of Lasers that my technicians will be able to mount on them? There is more that I would like to say to you using real time equipment, channel AIM, frequency 156.694.34.DX. I shall hold at Tiber for now.

End Transmission

Nighol checked his message for grammatical errors, as the perfunctory task of proofreading that had been drilled into him years ago on Earth kicked in. He then sent it off to the communications module on his ship. It was then beamed to Palshife. Nighol checked the chronometer on the wall, and then set it to Palshife Capital Time. He realized that Vaten had probably already gone to sleep, so it was unlikely that he would read it until he woke up the next morning. Nighol set course towards the subspace communications station, on the bridge. He asked the comms officer to set up for an all ships broadcast. He then addressed the various ships under his command. He ordered,”Attention all Weave ships. This is Admiral Nighol. I am issuing new orders to all of you. If Tiber is attacked, all ships with torpedoes will line up at minimum effective firing range, and Attack Cruiser will move slightly off to the side. After torpedoes have been fired, we will unload all fighters and advance forward, keeping the Beam Cruiser's laser end in front. Fire missiles when in range, and destroy as many ships as possible. Remember that if at all possible, evade those torpedoes, and don’t come into range of the neutrons until necessary. That is all.” With a hand signal to the comms officer, the transmission was cut off. He then made a brief stop in the communications module, meant for interstellar communication.

To: the Blackthorne Corporation, New Antigua/Evildrome Confederacy
Subject: Truce, Possible Alliance
Priority: Moderate
Encryption: High
Pirates - I am willing to talk with you about the terms of a possible truce, perhaps even an alliance. As a gesture of goodwill, I have ordered my forces not to arrest any pirates for the next week, unless they are actively breaking the law. Please reply at your convenience.

End Transmission

Then the Admiral retired to his quarters.

------------------
The Thunderhead Lance and Ion Cannon: Coming to an outfitter near you!

Posted Image
Terran Star Empire Memo
Classified
To whom it may concern:

Please be aware that we are systematically updating our security scheme. Technicians will arrive shortly, escorted by a centrally authorized special operations soldier, to upgrade and evaluate your security apparatus. Please be aware that the following measures are being installed:

• Posted Image

A double key card ID. You must be in possession of this item at all times. If you lose possession, or think you may have lost possession, you are ordered to call Terran Central Intelligence immediately. Your old card will become a spy catcher, and you will be issued a new one. This item is necessary for accessing devices (including doors and forcefields) authorized by your access.

• Posted Image

A bionetic implant. This device will send your vital stats directly to TCI headquarters. If those stats start to fluctuate, an emergency medical team, escorted by soldiers, will lock on to your location and recessitate / treat / protect you. If tampered with the device will self destruct by instantly melting, a non-lethal procedure.

• Posted Image

A DNA composition test. A needle randomly draws a blood sample from your arms, hands, or fingers. This is necessary for accessing doors and forcefields authorized by your access.

• A dual retinal scan will examine the patterns of your eye. It is smart, and capable of burning through contacts and rubber applicants . This is necessary for accessing including doors and forcefields authorized by your access.

• A dual retinal scan will examine the patterns of your eye. It is smart, and capable of burning through contacts and rubber applicants . This is necessary for accessing including doors and forcefields authorized by your access.

• A dual plasma hand scan will examine the patterns of your hands and fingers. It is smart, and capable of burning through gloves and rubber applicants . This is necessary for accessing including doors and forcefields authorized by your access.

Please also be prepared for the installation of armed sentry devices.

Posted Image
Terran Star Empire Ship Procurement Order
Classified
Shipyard: Tau Ceti
FF-4237 Attack Frigate: TSE Defender
FF-4237 Attack Frigate: TSE Metropolis
FF-4237 Attack Frigate: TSE Titan
FF-4237 Attack Frigate: TSE Marshal Stoyev

Total Cost: 16M Credits

Ship Assignments: Assigned to 1st Defense Group at Antares.

Orders: Stay right behind the hyperjump exit point and then viciously tear into the backs of any attacker.

------------------

A smartly dressed marine captain entered Grand Marshal Scalding's profound office and soluted.

"Sir. There has been increased activity in the system of Tiber. Terran Intelligence reports that they have been stocking up on supplies and may be preparing to strike."

"Where?" Scalding asked, reclining in his confortable padded chair.

"We're not sure. Preliminary reports indicate possible targets of Antares, Ruby, and Olympus."

"Hmmm." Scalding sighed. "Scratch off Antares. They wouldn't dare risking an encounter with a Terran BattleGroup. Olympus seems like a juicy target, but I have a feeling that it may be Ruby. Does Ruby still do black ops research?"

"Uhh, yes, sir."

"Then transport the research through a civilian vessel and bring it to the labs on Earth." (OOC: Don't even try to steal it)

"For now we are powerless. Establish realtime com links to Ruby and Olympus, and bring them to red alert. I already have Antares covered,"

"Yes, sir."

Posted Image
ICU Banking Corporation Account Balance
Classified
Account Number: XXX-XXXX-6534
Account Holder: Plasmatic Research Foundation

Account Balance: 24M

Recent Transactions:
10M removed by TransGalactic Ferry, Ltd.
4M removed by Olympus Development Corporation
2M removed by Tau Ceti Shipyards

Posted Image
ICU Banking Corporation Account Balance
Classified
Account Number: XXX-XXXX-CC99
Account Holder: LLD Incorporated

Account Balance: 10M

Recent Transactions:
10M deposited by Nathan Carlson, Gen. Ret.

As the Corvette fleet gracefully slid into the landing bay on Earth, the Blackthorne Corporation diplomatic envoy was deposited. They were scanned and then escorted to a beautiful outdoors retreat, complete with a rustic looking building of impeccable design. They were led inside. Soon, Chairman Mal emerged from a door in the back of the room and greeted the envoy. He sat down at the mahogany conference table and signaled for the guards to leave.

"What can I do for you, gentlemen?"

Posted Image
Terran Star Empire Hypermail
One time cipher pad with key as long as message
To: Marshal Sarek, BG-3

It seems that the Weave are preparing for an assault on a Terran world in your sector. Commanding one of the premier fleets in the galaxy, I take great pleasure in ordering you to prepare for combat. Please be ready to, on my signal, capture Tiber. Also be prepared to combat the flagship fleet of the Weave. I trust that your skill and experience will come in handy. Oh, and you may want to consider using the technique of divisez et conquŽrez. But it's up to you.

At Tau Ceti Shipyards, the workers recieved the orders and began hull construction on the first frigate. Their estimate was that it should be ready for service very soon.

------------------

Director Melthay looked at the Chairman of the terran Empire for a moment, and then spoke. "My Chairman has authorised me to negotiate a deal with the Terran Empire. I have a list of what the Blackthorne Corporation would consider appropriate for its assistance. We expect you will find it favourable."

Melthay leaned forwards and placed a datachip on the table, and leaned back and looked at Mal, waiting for a response.

--------
Corvette Upgrade ETA:29 posts

------------------

(This message has been edited by RMA (edited 08-02-2002).)

Fighter Group One:
Commander: Captain Stuart
Ships:
1 Valkery
10 P-36
10 G-56

Captain Stuart looked down at his orders, nothing new for the past 3 months. Oh well, time for more fighter drills. Giving the order all 21 fighters launched and flew around practising mock battles.

OCC: More to come, I have like 100 things to do

------------------
Peace, Love, and Chicken Grease
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum26/HTML/007247.html")Event Horizon 2 Sign-Up(/url)
(url="http://"http://evula.com") EVula's Lair(/url)| (url="http://"http://starfleet-ssf.com/index2.html")The SSF(/url) | (url="http://"mailto:jager@evula.net")mailto:jager@evula.net(/url)jager@evula.net

OOC: Esponer has apparently dropped out of the story; therefore, I am now controlling Sauridia's fleet.

Originally posted by Rak:
OOC: Don't even try to steal it

I'm not an idiot, and I have in fact been in webstories before.

==========

Ship purchases:
1 Escort Carrier, ETA 5 posts
To be placed in Tiber's Defense Fleet I.
Cost: $13.5M
Remaining credit: $1.5M

==========

Without preamble, Chief Military Coordinator Savina entered Vaten's office.

"Sir, our scouts have reported a large buildup of Terran forces in the Antares system. Early prediction: Tiber. Also, a spy on Earth has reported a possibly truce, even to go so far as to say alliance, between the Blackthorne Corporation and the Terran Star Empire."

"Thank you, Savina. We'll have to do something about this fleet in Antares relatively soon..."

Savina exited, and Vaten was left staring at his desk yet again.

==========

In Sauron, the Sauridian fleet was going through warm-up maneuvers, the twenty-three Dragons and Cobras flashing in the light of the distant star. They had their orders, from Weave High Command - to attack the system of (censored). (OOC: :p)

For now, however, they went through more and more complicated tricks, reptilian grins almost visible from outside the ships.

==========

RESEARCH PROJECTS
Title: Weave Fighter Upgrade
Cost: $25M
ETA: 48 posts

------------------

(This message has been edited by asriel (edited 08-02-2002).)