The Aerobrake

Originally posted by ares1:
**Mac, why aren't you on bnet?

I was on for a couple of hours, starting perhaps 5 minutes after that post. never saw anyone. :frown:

Originally posted by Luke:
I'd like to have an argument, please.

No comment. 😛

Originally posted by BariSaxGuy5:
Confusing
- only if you're a mac user

I happen to be relatively experienced with both. While I would hesitate to give an absolute label of "confusing" to PCs, Macs are far easier.

**Tech support people are incompetent, sadistic *****s
- You shouldn't need to call them in the first place

But what about the poor lusers who do have to call them?

Take up too much space
-Not Really...

They take up way more. Reference the new iMac, and how little space it takes up. Or the now-defunct cube.

Copy and Rip-Off Macs to no end
- This is true, but they change it just enough to be legal

Being legal makes it good and morally correct? Adultery is legal in the US too. 😛

Slow (not for all)
- untrue

Very true, at least by comparison to Macs, which I think would be the only meaningful standard.

Ugly
- So the things you look for in a computer is it's attractivness, not it's performance?

When it has better performance anyway, why not go for looks too?

Give urge to throw them out a window
- I could say the same thing about my mac

That's entirely subjective, but I'll bet you lose a vote on this (Mac dominated) board. 😛

Originally posted by Insano:
**1: I liked the marine, medic tactic, but I don't know how to use it. You can't for a bunch of marines and medics in a group and order them to attack or the medics try to attack and not heal. So, do you just move the group and let them automatically fire w/o orders?

2: I've been trying to practice against the comps. But they always do this incredibly annoying thing. I'm building up my force, when all of a sudden they send in this huge force of things I can't hope to beat with anything less than a bunch of siege tanks. How?**

1. Yes, just let them fire w/o orders. As a rule of thumb, do that with everything. In general, it's more effective to just let them fire and not give them a specific target. There are circumstances where it is appropriate - but in most it isn't.

Additionally, I suggest putting the Marines and Medics in separate control groups anyway. This makes it much easier to StimPak the Marines. StimPak + Medics = Good.

1. Basically, all I can say here is practice. Pretty much all Starcraft players who aren't frickin' geniuses have that problem at first. Eventually, you'll learn to build quickly enough that a Computer's rush is just pathetic. I often don't have many more units when they first attack me (unless I take them down before they attack, of course 😉 ), but the computer is so inept at command during battle that it's easy to squash them with an equal force. I would recommend not using Power Overwhelming. If you'd like, I can put up or email you some replays of me squashing comps so you can get some idea how to build up early on. Campaign missions wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Originally posted by ares1:
A very large simpletext doc is probably what you want. Now put it in your scarcraft--- >files--->maps--->replays folder, go to single player, and select load replay.

Probably, and if that doesn't work, you can always look at the Finder tags on another replay in ResEdit and fix them. 😉

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@attbi.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@attbi.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@attbi.com

I got it to work using you guys' helpful instructions. I have to say Macavenger: that was a very well played game. It was really impressive the way you beat back their attacks and squashed their defenses. Of course you were greatly aided by the fact that your enemies were totally inept 🙂 I was astounded at how they handled the initial attack against your base. Not only did they totally waste any initiative that they started out with, they managed to send in thier massive attack force in bite sized chunks for you to decamate at your leasure. All in all it was a great game anyway, and I dont think my Terran stratagy will ever be the same 😄

------------------
Out ride the sons of Terra,
Far dirves the thundering jet,
Up leaps the race of Earthmen,
Out, far, and onward yet - Robert A. Heinlein, The Green Hills of Earth

Originally posted by Vice Admiral Ipvicus:
**I got it to work using you guys' helpful instructions. I have to say Macavenger: that was a very well played game. It was really impressive the way you beat back their attacks and squashed their defenses. Of course you were greatly aided by the fact that your enemies were totally inept 🙂 I was astounded at how they handled the initial attack against your base. Not only did they totally waste any initiative that they started out with, they managed to send in thier massive attack force in bite sized chunks for you to decamate at your leasure. All in all it was a great game anyway, and I dont think my Terran stratagy will ever be the same 😄

Go to The Aerobrake Junior, please.

------------------
Write your complaints here: O
Please don't write out of the space.
------------------
(url="http://"http://www.homestead.com/lukenj/index.html")"It's spelled Luke, but it's pronounced 'Qkrnxtl.'"(/url)