Story Board

Ok Everybody it's time for us to start a story board.
Everybody just write down a paragraph or 2 and have it be a continuing story

Has to be kept sci-fi
Must incorporate zero swearing because it just looks ugly.
andrew has to put in some part of the story.
No drugs, or being stoned or crossed, or yanked, jacked.

Just make a good story ok?

Kryptauros

And andrew or his burchness has to start it off!!!!! 🙂

------------------
Your standing in line,
a very big line,
And you have a gun,
a Big Freaking Gun,
Gee now what do you do?

This is going to take a while...

Can't an authorized representative of andrew do it?

------------------
Shoot the cat.
AIM-OctoberFost
Yahoo Messenger-OctoberFost
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/octoberfost")http://www.geocities.com/octoberfost(/url)

OctoberFost is right. Andrew and Matt are probably busy out there in the world...

------------------
PlanetPhil

if you lived here, you'd be home by now

I am afraid that's true. How about we just asked them REALLY nicely, to provide a very basic plotline for the start?

------------------
We do not live to work, rather, we work to live.

Writing is a hobby of mine, if they are not able/willing to help I can easily come up with a story line, if you wish.

------------------
signature?

Well, same here, actually. I just thought that the best thing would be if the basic storyline would be provided by the creators of the EV universe. Otherwise, what if we were to hold a sort of contest on the starting plotline?

But hey, there Ambrosia guys, it sure would be nice of you to whip up a quickie idea for us. Please?

------------------

This is stupid, I think someone should close this topic up.

Originally posted by Deathcyte:
This is stupid, I think someone should close this topic up.

Look, if you don't like it, just don't read it. Personally, I think it's a great idea.

------------------

Ok everybody then I will start it off.

Your excited about your first ship that you just bought. You've got your Cadet's lisence and your flying into space when......

------------------
Your standing in line,
a very big line,
And you have a gun,
a Big Freaking Gun,
Gee now what do you do?

...Your forward sensor array picks up a ship coming out of hyperspace, it is listed as a Rebellion Manta fighter. Realizing your transponder signal IDs you as Confed you quickly deactivate it.....

------------------
signature?

...Suddenly the Manta hails you. Maybe the Manta pilot thought you were a Confed! You think you're about to be blown into oblivion! "Hello captain!" says the Manta pilot. You relax a little. "I see that you have a clean legal record with the Confeds, good. Will you help us in a mission to capture New Britian?"...

------------------

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 07-10-2000).)

NOTE: This is NOT part of the story.

I would just like to say "Thank You!" to Kryptauros for starting this message string! There's another one like this on the EVO webboard, but it got so long I couldn't follow it! Now we have a new one which I can follow (And post messages on because the one on the EVO webboard was so long, I couldn't figure it out, so I couldn't post anything).

------------------

...You are taken completely offguard, after a few seconds of staring into your communications screen you finnally manage to get yourself together. "M..me?" you ask, "Why me?" The pilot of the Manta is quick to reply, "We have been watching you, you have it in you to become a great pilot, perhaps one of the best, but if you continue down this road you will be fighting for the wrong side, consider this a... test of your willingness and abilities". With this statement you find yourself considering your future, finnally you make your decision...

------------------
If I fly the ship, shoot the guns, and work the hyperspace, what the hell does my crew do?

note: this is not part of the story

Comon folks lets get this thing moving

------------------
If I fly the ship, shoot the guns, and work the hyperspace, what the hell does my crew do?

.......after all, what is there to lose? To have the Rebels specifically search you out to enlist your services, calling you potentially one of the best pilots ever, appeals to your ego tremendously - and overrides the nagging thought that this is prehaps just a little to pat, a little to prepared.
Your answer is a question, but the tone indicates your acceptance.
"What do I have to do?
The broadcast from the Manta floating in space before your viewscreen sounds disembodied, coming as it is from the speaker inside your cockpit.
"Sorry, we can't discuss the details in Confederation Space like this, to much chance for interception. If you're willing to do this you'll have to give me access to the incryption codes for your ships systems so I can give it direct commands that are secure, and you'll follow me to our destination automatically. You will be givin an explanation there."
Caught up in excitement you hesitate only momentarily before broadcasting the appropriate codes. A minute later the the Manta and your ship change facing, and then the floor luches under you as the speed up before the jump commences. The economy compensaters installed in your ship catch up an instant later, and one thought flashes through your mind - What in space am I getting into?
Then the white sheet of hyperspace warps through you.........

------------------

NOTE This is NOT part of the story.

Is there a length limit? If I've exceeded it, or if there isn't one , let me know.

------------------

... Days pass percieved by you as mere seconds in the inexplicable aura of hyperspace. When your ship finnally drops to sub-light speed you are not completely surprised to discover you are in the Kathoon system, although the local planitary government claimed to be neutral it was generally known that they "covertly" supported and encouraged Rebellion activity within their star system. The Manta is still with you, flying in formation with your ship, the automatic pilot guides you toward the planet, you quickly scan the system, nothing unusual for a fringe system, a flock of independent Light Freighters, a Courier or two and the ever present Rebel warship, in this case a destroyer, you narrow your eyes and read the nameplate, the.... R.S.S. Pheonix. You are very close to the planet now, and your computer initiates the landing sequence...

------------------

...After your ship lands you look around for the Manta pilot. You see him walking towards you with two security guards. He takes you to a secret briefing room. "Captain, in 32 hours the Kathoon system and Maxwell's Purchase will declare that they are part of the Rebellion. The Confeds will certainly send ships to try to evict us from the system, but we'll be prepared. In all of this the Confeds won't suspect that we'll be launching another offensive against New Britain. Your job is to take a team of commandoes to New Britain. Their job is to sabotage key facilities, destroy frigates, gunboats, and patrol ships on the ground. Disable communications, and other things that will make our job easier. Do you accept?"...

------------------

You think for a moment. "Yes", you finally reply. "Good, now we have another question for you, do you wish to conduct this mission using a shuttlecraft, or a scoutship?" You say you would like to use a scoutship. The Manta pilot introduces himself as Brian Miller, then the both of you depart, Brian heading towards a briefing with Admiral Davies, and you off to get your new scoutship. You find it at docking bay 7G. After you inspect the vessel, you go into the cockpit. As you look at the controls, you notice the laser cannons are actually disguised proton cannons, and that the scoutship has been modified heavily. In all, the scoutship is heavily shielded, equipped with missiles and proton cannons, and various other addons. You leave your ship to go get the commandoes...

------------------

...The commander of the team is waiting for you in the newly established Rebellion barracks, near the spaceport. He greets you and introduces himself as Aaron Campbell. "So, your the guy whos gonna get us into New Britain eh". Your thoughts flash briefly back to a newscast you heard years ago of another Rebel attempt to penetrate the security of New Britain, an attempt that had ended in the deaths of every Rebel involved. The thought passes as quickly as it had came. "I'll give it my, er best shot" you reply. Aaron grins at you, "Come with me pilot, let me introduce you to the rest of the team". The night seems endless, there is no way in hell you are going to sleep, you find yourself filled with doubts about your decision and excitement about being part of something so big, it is overwhelming. Finnally, after what seems like decades the sun comes up. You change into the drab grey flight suit undergarments, gather your gear and head for the landing pad...

------------------