Discussion Topic IV

Originally posted by Captain Skyblade:
**Your golden opportunity is the capture of Dreden. That is what I'm talking about... You seem to have this problem with overlooking your advantages and only seeing the enemy instead.;)

My golden opportunity was 3 days ago when we attacked Dreden before your and the humans' fleets were right next to Sentarus Prime

If you're upset about six enemy warfleets about to attack your capital, why did you send your most powerful fleet south to pick on the capital? Interesting.
(/B)

They weren't about to take the capital when I sent Ipvicus south. That's quite obvious, becaue the point was for him to take your capital, which he easily could have done, thus eliminating all of your dreden fleets and giving us all your systems.

Reason why Dreden battle was voided:
I asked Mac if the defending government could handpick and command the defense fleet of the capital. The alien attack continued even after I requested it to stop (since I was waiting for Mac's reply). The reason it was voided was because your player failed to listen, and a new rule would have re-done everything anyway.
(/B)

Once again, you never asked us to stop.

Reason why the Sentarus battle was voided:
Close to the exact same reason. The aliens didn't pick their own defense force, and they were overwhelmed before they had time to post back. In fact, I think this Sentarus battle was more serious than the Dreden... If you don't call this fair, then I don't what is fair to you.
(/B)

Obviously, this battle would never have occurred had the Dreden battle worked out like it was supposed to. I don't really care if it's fair anymore, because the initiative has been lost. If we continue, it doesn't seem to possess the thrill that it had before.

Hope I'm not coming across as angry here. No hard feelings, man, just trying to keep this story going and as uncomplicated as possible. 😉
(/B)

None here either, but if you call all this redoing uncomplicated... 🙂

------------------
Go Red Sox! Down with the Yankees! 😛

Originally posted by Macavenger:
It wasn't a rule change, it was a misunderstanding.

No, it was most definitely a rule change. It wasn't clearly stated in the rules that a faction could pick their own defense fleet, and adding or clarifying this changes the rules from what they were when kyle decided to attack Dreden.

Originally posted by Macavenger:
**I just looked over the Alien posts capturing Dreden, and you know what guys, you'd need to rework them anyway. Using the mines against the Dreden doesn't work - not the way you did it. I seem to recall Skyblade specifically pointing out that the mines were stealth type, and didn't show up on sensors. So you couldn't have blasted out his main ships that way. You've also got some problems involving the TLRTs, don't assume ships are going to just lie there dead once snared. Your Tractors aren't long enough range to keep the Dreden from unloading their projectile weaponry while you've got them. That whole battle was shot through with unfairness anyway. So quit whining about the voiding of it to let the Dreden defend themselves. Besides, what else would be the purpose of not allowing single post battles against capitals? Just to delay the inevitable or something? Besides all that, I don't see anywhere that you defined what the defense fleet was before you started mauling it. You seem to have an interesting idea of fairness.;)

The TLRT's were not used extensively. They held fighters still so they got shot. As for the mines, we never even used our drill bombs in the whole attack, so we could have just used those to destroy the lead ships. Also, we never used tractors to stop projectiles, we used point defense cannons, and that only stopped a few. Unfairness? Was it unfair that a fleet so much larger and more powerful than another won? The defense fleet you could have found if you bothered to add the losses to the remainder, here it was with fighters deployed:

1 Verdica Carrier
2 Titan Battlecruisers
1 Battlecruiser Mk. II
1 Minelayer
3 Athena Battlegunships
3 Odysseus Cruisers
4 Thunderclap Destroyers
3 Destroyer Mk. IIs
6 Hawk Gunships
58 Lynx Heavy Fighters
15 Slicer Medium Fighters
70 Cricket Interceptors

Against them was Ipvicus's fleet:
2 Carriers
One Black Dragon, flagship
4 Battlecruisers
3 Ravagers
2 Heavy Cruisers
2 Heavy Frigates
2 Cruisers
5 Destroyers
5 Gunboats
5 Heavy Fighters
36 Interceptors

there, stats, happy? Oh screw it, it doesn't matter. I'll just look forward to the EV Webstory, hopefully we'll have more solid and established rules to prevent all this from happening again. 🙂

------------------
Go Red Sox! Down with the Yankees! 😛