Why confeds (or UE) rock

Why the Confeds rock:
DUH! They have better ships! Also, they're blue and have U.S.S. on their names. Since when is U.S.S bad?

Why the UE rock:
OK, blaze cannons suck. WAIT! they don't suck. I am the worst pilot who is not a newbie and the blaze inacurracy helps me hit the right spot. Ironic huh.
Also, their shielding is GOOD

PS Why the miranu rock:
They don't kill you if you didn't do anything.

AirPlane, Professor of EVology

------------------
Some of you guys know me from the Ares board.

Hey, I'm a sucker for Blaze cannons too! I don't know why, I just think they kick ... anyway, I made a new UE ship with 5 Blaze turrets ... download the below plug-in and put it in your EVO plug-ins folder. You can buy it for 100 credits anywhere ... its called the UE Eliminator ... have fun!

(url="http://"http://blazer.his.com/elmin.hqx")http://blazer.his.com/elmin.hqx(/url)

Being raised in a pro-union family, I've come to respect the cause of the Rebellion, and I must say I like them a little better. As for EVO, what's your favorite strand. Igadzra-4-Life.

------------------
Micah L.
E-mail: (url="http://"mailto:mjlanier@home.com")mailto:mjlanier@home.com(/url)mjlanier@home.com

I personaly think that the Rebel leaders are the ones that corrupted the Confederation, then the started the civil war when the Confederation tried to stop them from gaining control over the the core planets and ruining them to. Then they claim that the Confeds are all corrupt and try and win over the other planets to defete the Confeds. Then they would just ruin the planets some more and not give a rats a** what the people thought, and the pirates would come and ransack all of the planets, but the new government wouldn't care because they already got their money.

Thats just my thory, though 🙂

MTM

well i've always been a pro rebellion guy myself, but i never really had the patiantce for their (or the confeds) mission string, and once i got a kestral i decided that i would d/l some plugs or start a new pilot (i did both :D) any way i dont think that cofeds are the best, they DEFFINATLY have the strongest ships, but they lack speed and menurverablity, wich i just can't do with out. as for the UE, story wise i like them the best, i got pretty far in their mission string befor i got bored, ship wise i think thier in between human civilian ships and the igadzra or zidra, i bought a UE destroyer, but that was befor my bro told me there was another three quarters of the gallaxy to explore 🙂 after that i did some miranu missions, and than bought myself-errr stole myself a Crecent warship from a bounty hunter. i used to use swivel uhh phase(?) cannons but they didn't do much to vonians, so i switched back to blaze cannons/turrets (oh and Blazer2, i d/l'd your eliminator plug, pretty good!) any way, im gonna stop typeing now, its 12:34am (EST) so i guess im gonna go to bed

P.S. did i write all that?

(This message has been edited by Mordon (edited 01-13-2000).)

well i've always been a pro rebellion guy myself, but i never really had the patiantce for their (or the confeds) mission string, and once i got a kestral i decided that i would d/l some plugs or start a new pilot (i did both :D) any way i dont think that cofeds are the best, they DEFFINATLY have the strongest ships, but they lack speed and menurverablity, wich i just can't do with out. as for the UE, story wise i like them the best, i got pretty far in their mission string befor i got bored and i bought a UE destroyer, but that was befor my bro told me there was another three quarters of the gallaxy to explore 🙂 after that i did some miranu missions, and than bought myself-errr stole myself a Crecent warship from a bounty hunter. i used to use swivel uhh phase(?) cannons but they didn't do much to vonians, so i switched back to blaze cannons/turrets (oh and Blazer2, i d/l'd your eliminator plug, pretty good!) any way, im gonna stop typeing now, its 12:34am (EST) so i guess im gonna go to bed

P.S. did i write all that?

Since when is USS bad?
Well when you're on the other side.

Mocking American Nationalism since 20:53 13/01/2000

<trying somthing>:)

------------------
----Halabut----
give us graphics goddamit!

Well, I'm a Rebel, and I defeated the Alien Criuser in a Corvette (I'm not as good as Ankh, sosumi.)

What'd Ankh do it in? I heard he defeated the Dreadnaught in a shuttle.

My theory about Rebellion vs. Confederation: Matt Burch wanted a large conflict so he came up with a story line in which there were two opposing sides with their own views and the player could chosse whichever he wanted. 😄

-Shade

Mazca killed the alien cruiser in a Currier, shuttle, scoutship, ETC...

------------------
-StarSleeker

Why the Confeds rock:
DUH! They have better ships!
Um, suuuure they do.
don't start a fav. ship debate. those are ENTIRELY open to opinion.
I personally feel the best ship is the scoutship, and the 2nd best ship is
the shuttle craft. 😄

Also, they're blue and have U.S.S. on their >names. Since when is U.S.S bad?
Ask an Iraqi Citizen. Ask a Serbian Citizen. Ask a Russian Citizen.

Why the UE rock:
OK, blaze cannons suck. WAIT! they don't suck. I am the worst pilot who is not >a newbie and the blaze inacurracy helps me hit the right spot. Ironic huh.
Also, their shielding is GOOD
Not as good as Crecent shielding. 😛

PS Why the miranu rock:
They don't kill you if you didn't do anything
Neither does anyone else, except renegades.

EVen Voinians leave you alone, if you don't do anything.

WS

i prefer the underdogs - i side witht them as a matter of fact -

the reall question is how many of you really know me?

j/k

calis

we could use editing as a way to put messages where they belong - what do ya think of that?

(This message has been edited by Captain Calis (edited 01-14-2000).)

just don't delete the original. 😃

scratz that idea - only the original memebers can edit their message. ah well.

calis

I killed the Alien cruiser in a clipper, but I might have been able to do it in my whoop-arse courier (probably not). Anyway, for me the best ship in EV is the Rebel Destroyer because it turns so fast that with an RCS upgrade the AI won't even shoot torpedoes at it! (Yes that's true any ship with turning of 4 or more won't get AI torps shot at it. They'll get my torps shot at it though) That's why Rebel Destroyers have a habit of shooting Clippers and Gunboats with torps. Well for EVO the best ship (for me) is the UE destroyer. It's so versatile because it can carry lots of weapons and it has lots of armor compared to Crescent ships. That's handy when you're in crescent territory, because phase turrets and dispersal rockets do next to nothing against armor. I should just shut up now.

------------------
Luca Rescigno
"I have nothing to fear but secret sauce"

I've killed the Alien Cruiser with a shuttle and then a scoutship after that.....

Confeds have better ships? Yeah right. I can easily take out a Confed Cruiser in my Rebel Cruiser. UE ships are okay in the beginning for EV, but Crescent ships are the ones with the real power. As for blaze cannons, I prefer Neutron of Phase. Blaze cannons are weak, have short range, and are inaccurate. Neutron packs quite a punch, has a long range, and is more accurate.

-Wedge

Yeah, confed ships terrible. They ARE strong and powerful but I can fly circles around one in pretty much any other ship. They're very slow and pretty inacurrate when flown by AI (In my experiences). The Rebel Cruiser gives you a lot more bang for your buck, at least when piloted by a real human.

------------------
-The Fonz
(url="http://"http://catalyst.xs.mw")Catalyst(/url)

I just dislike 'Feds... Their speed, accel, turning sucks (in the big ships)... I like speed, it's the 1st thing I do when i buy a ship, I upgrade speed.

I really didn't like EVO much- the rockets/missiles are too slow, the sounds are wierd... I just always liked EV a little better...

I dunno, UE is kinda good, but again, they're too slow....

Well... okey...

------------------
-N.Cypra
-Flamed
-Duke301a

hehe

UE sucks. Here's why:

1. All of their ships are slow.
  2. Blaze cannons suck bescause they have much shorter range, much less accuracy, and do much less damage than the alternatives.
  3. I could easily take out a UE destroyer with my pimped out crescent fighter

But who cares about EVO anyay? EV is better. (not stock ev, but with plugs it is)

Here's why the Confeds suck:

1. Their ships may have more fireporer, but they are extremely slow. Confed cruisers are just sitting ducks. In pale, I can kill a confed cruiser with a couple of ion cannons, a scoutship, and the Monty Python maneuver. Firepower is usless if it can't be used evvectively.

2. Even though a single AI-controlled Confed cruiser could beat a single AI-controlled Rebel Cruiser in a dogfight, that doesn't matter. The AI always favors a straight dogfight, so of course the confed cruiser will win. And if I remember correctly, Confed cruisers cost $9 million more than Rebel cruisers. With $9 million worth of upgrades, A rebel cruiser would be more than a match for a Confed Cruiser, even if it is AI-controlled.

3. Patrol ships may be stronger than mantas, but they take FOREVER to deploy. Mantas, however, deploy almost instantly. Mantas are also faster. This makes Rebel cruisers more effective as pirate ships. (although I still prefer the corvette)

-Yoda

"Put that in your bong and smoke it."

Originally posted by AirPlane:
DUH! They have better ships!

That may be, but the Rebel Destroyer can avoid most damage.

Also, they're blue

I prefer red 😛

have U.S.S. on their names. Since when is U.S.S bad?

When it represents the confederation 😛

I hereby ressurrect this thread:D

------------------
Prepare to succumb to superior intelligence
MOSS of the Crimson Guard, a (url="http://"http://www.planetarion.com")Planetarion(/url) alliance.
Winning isn't everything thing, it's the only thing.
Go have a good laugh with (url="http://"http://www.toostupidtobepresident.com")Bushisms(/url).

Originally posted by General Rak:
I prefer red 😛

Actually, blue is my favorite color, but I'm a rebel at art by a long shot.

Someday I'll make a plugin where all the rebel ships are blue and the confederation ships are red...

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade
-Battle for Sol - Episode III: The Worlds Beyond the Milky Way - coming soon -