Favorite Plug-Ins

I guess you can call this a poll, but I'm not really counting the votes. I want to know everyone's favorite plugin(s) for Escape Velocity.

I probably have to say Final Battle, thought it can be buggy. Galactic Scourge is okay, too. All that I can remember are fairly old, so I'm looking for suggestions on some new cools plugs to checkout.

(edit) Pale kicks ass!

------------------
--ares
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes."

(This message has been edited by ares1 (edited 08-25-2001).)

Well, I've always enjoyed Oreste, and Mugabi and Destiny wasn't bad either. Of course for sheer graphics power, I think Magma takes the cake. Since then, I just haven't been able to get into Final Battle, though once I've deprived myself of EV for a little, I ought to be able to.

------------------
Apply When Wet

Another plug-in poll. Yeah, why not?

The plug-in selection for EV is pretty damned decent, so it's kind of hard to pick out my favirote. For graphics I'd have to say the EV game expander impressed me the most, and I do enjoy the Magma graphics and sounds. As for the best all around plug-in, I'd have to say Pale. The graphics are excellent and the missions are well done, plus there is a good story. Thankfully, the story doesn't go in the direction of plug-ins like Frozen Heart or Mugabi, which has too much development of your character. I don't like that in my EV plug-in.

I think many people will go with Pale as well.

------------------
Every (url="http://"http://www.dropbear.trav.net")drop bear(/url) I see drives me closer to the edge

For me, it's a big toss-up between Galactic Scourge and Pale (although Final Battle is also pretty good). But since Pale holds a firm lead in terms of graphics, I'd have to to ahead and give it my vote.

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade
-Battle for Sol - Episode III: The Worlds Beyond the Milky Way - coming soon -

Pale! I remember that one... Came out right before I kinda left the EV community. I played it a bit, and as I remember I didn't like it. I think I thought it was lame because it had too many missions, and the plot was so thick and developing so fast that I got confused.

EVGE I've played, but I really dont remember it. I think those two will be my next to play. And I have to see this Magma thing that everyone is talking about.

------------------
--ares
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes."

Originally posted by ares1:
**Pale! I remember that one... Came out right before I kinda left the EV community. I played it a bit, and as I remember I didn't like it. I think I thought it was lame because it had too many missions, and the plot was so thick and developing so fast that I got confused.

EVGE I've played, but I really dont remember it. I think those two will be my next to play. And I have to see this Magma thing that everyone is talking about.

You should try playing Pale again sometime soon. The newest version has sweet graphics. As complex as the missions and plot may seem, they all resolve as you get deeper into the plug. Highly recommended.

MAGMA is excellent. It won't add any missions or ships, but it still is awesome. It enhances every EV ship graphic, all of which are sleek and better-looking than before.

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade

That MAGMA shuttlecraft sure is something, ain't it? I love how almost all the ships have that sun glint on them whenever you rotate them to face South.Very good, that was done by meowx right? Wasn't Pale too?

------------------
Apply When Wet

Ok, I went and got magma.. and it's nothing. I mean, I installed it and made a new pilot. All the graphics are the same... Its Magma v.1.0a1. is that the wrong version? I did what you said and rotated the ship 360 degrees and didnt see the sun glint or anything... and, yes, i installed it correctly.

------------------
--ares

Originally posted by ares1:
**Ok, I went and got magma.. and it's nothing. I mean, I installed it and made a new pilot. All the graphics are the same... Its Magma v.1.0a1. is that the wrong version? I did what you said and rotated the ship 360 degrees and didnt see the sun glint or anything... and, yes, i installed it correctly.

did you get it from the Add-Ons page? That's where I got mine. And mine works perfectly.

------------------
Coreył (Cubed)

Originally posted by ZenMastaT:
**That MAGMA shuttlecraft sure is something, ain't it? I love how almost all the ships have that sun glint on them whenever you rotate them to face South.Very good, that was done by meowx right? Wasn't Pale too?

Correct, although Pale was not created by Meowx. But by looking at the graphics, you would think it was...

The shuttlecraft of EV: MAGMA looks more like a fighter than cargo hauler. It's too cool to be harmless. 😉

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade

Ah, I think I may know the answer to your probelm Ares. There is another plug called magma out there that adds just weapons, I suggest you search by date and get the one with the description about being a graphics updater.

And to Skyblade, or anyone else who knows, I seem to recall an actual plug made by Meowx, anyone know what it is?

------------------
Apply When Wet

**Ah, I think I may know the answer to your probelm Ares. There is another plug called magma out there that adds just weapons, I suggest you search by date and get the one with the description about being a graphics updater.

And to Skyblade, or anyone else who knows, I seem to recall an actual plug made by Meowx, anyone know what it is?

The other MAGMA plugin you're thinking of is the Override version. It's just as cool as the EV one (but much more popular)...

The Meowx plugin you're probably thinking of is Quantumire: SE. I have yet to play, but users say it has amazing graphics. Unfortunately, the link to the plugin (at Meowx's website) is currently dead. :frown:

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade

Yes your correct about the Quantumire Trilogy being the other Meowx plug, I remember very well now, and you can get it from the Add-on files at EV: Add onFiles if you lsit them alphabetically. Also, I do remember there being a plug release long long ago called Magma that created Magma related weapons but otherwise left the game unchanged, I happen to use the Magma for EV:O as well, and its just as good.

I figure Ares just downloaded the wrong Magma by mistake, I almost did the same when I first went out to try and find it.

------------------
Apply When Wet

The Quantumire Trilogy. Great graphics, as you would expect, but otherwise not really to be recommended. There's only one major mission string, with a few minor ones, and ship balance is rather lacking beyond a certain point. it also has too many Superdreadnoughts.

I haven't played many, though New Horizons was fairly good. My personal favorite at this point is one that hasn't been released yet, though part of it may be sentimental value since I'm developing it. 😉

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@home.com

Originally posted by Macavenger:
**The Quantumire Trilogy. Great graphics, as you would expect, but otherwise not really to be recommended. There's only one major mission string, with a few minor ones, and ship balance is rather lacking beyond a certain point. it also has too many Superdreadnoughts.

Interesting. You would think a plugin coming from Meowx would be perfect with no room for complaining. I also have heard many complaints about too many super vessels in the Quantumire Trilogy, however.

I haven't played many, though New Horizons was fairly good. My personal favorite at this point is one that hasn't been released yet, though part of it may be sentimental value since I'm developing it.;)

Hehe... I bet the plugin you're referring to is the alien one you posted the poll on? 😉

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade

Originally posted by Captain Skyblade:
Hehe... I bet the plugin you're referring to is the alien one you posted the poll on?;)

It's a possibility... 😉

Originally posted by Captain Skyblade:
Interesting. You would think a plugin coming from Meowx would be perfect with no room for complaining. I also have heard many complaints about too many super vessels in the Quantumire Trilogy, however.

Well, mine aren't hearsay complaints, I've played the plug. The War Cruiser is a crazy ship which can take out anything with basically no effort. Normally you could just stay away from that sort of thing, but in regular ships, you won't stand up so well against the other Superdreadnoughts out there. It does have some interesting features, but these are rather out-balanced by the super vessels, and odd things like a couple of spöbs that pay something like 1,000,000+ per day in tribute, and really aren't that tough to dominate, at least, not in a War Cruiser. But then, almost nothing is hard in the War Cruiser.

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@home.com

Alright, I just checked and the graphics plug is called "Ev:Magma" the other thing just called magma just "Adds two weapons which are both highly devastating" Could this be it? I hope so, becasue for some reason my DSL takes one heck of a long time to load up those damn Add :redface:ns pages.

------------------
Apply When Wet

**Well, mine aren't hearsay complaints, I've played the plug. The War Cruiser is a crazy ship which can take out anything with basically no effort. Normally you could just stay away from that sort of thing, but in regular ships, you won't stand up so well against the other Superdreadnoughts out there. It does have some interesting features, but these are rather out-balanced by the super vessels, and odd things like a couple of spöbs that pay something like 1,000,000+ per day in tribute, and really aren't that tough to dominate, at least, not in a War Cruiser. But then, almost nothing is hard in the War Cruiser.

Hmmm... That's enough info to get the point across. I will still probably try downloading the plugin sometime, however, as I'm still wanting to take a look at the graphics.

------------------
-Cap'n Skyblade

When do any of us have time to play plugs if all we do is hang out on the EV Board? 😉

------------------
Apply When Wet

**Alright, I just checked and the graphics plug is called "Ev:Magma" the other thing just called magma just "Adds two weapons which are both highly devastating" Could this be it? I hope so, becasue for some reason my DSL takes one heck of a long time to load up those damn Add:redface: ns pages.

I got mine from the little bar on the right that says, "Highest Ranked Plugins". And I'd bet that everyone has the same problem with the add-ons page - It takes at least 45 seconds, and I have DSL too.

------------------
Coreył (Cubed)