The Alliance of Empires (Battle for Sol 2)

As the targeted Supercruiser dies from massed drone fire (OK, I'll give you one point), another Rebel fleet jumps into the system from Clotho, with 40 more Supercruiser and another 80 Assault Carriers. All the Rebel ships attack. Firefoxes swarm after Cruisers. There are now about 2100 Firefoxes, so they can target and take down 21 Alien Supercruisers per run easily. Meanwhile, the Rebel Supercruisers group into packs of 3 and attack from behind the Aliens, where they can only fire with their Proton turrets. 8 Proton Turrets mean jack to 3 Rebel Supercruisers. The Aliens began to fall, and fairly quickly, while taking out another supercruiser with mass fire, but this tactic was not so effective close in. Meanwhile, Assault Carriers are grouping in masses of 10 or more and hammering at Alien Supercruisers with their Fusion beams, though these are more affected by the turrets and some are lost.

============

Let me make your summary more accurate; it's debatable who's shields and armor are better, and my ships thoroughly outgun and outmanuver yours. 😛
Also, I've been sticking to the 4 weapons per ship convention, I suggest you find a way to do that too, or you may find my ships growing in ways you don't like. 🙂

------------------
Almost doesn't count, but barely does.
"The problem with the designated driver program, it's not a desirable job. But if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it. At the end of the night, drop them off at the wrong house."
- Jeff Foxworthy

Also, I've been sticking to the 4 weapons per ship convention, I suggest you find a way to do that too, or you may find my ships growing in ways you don't like.

Ok, delete the proton cannons and turrets. The transporter stays.

OK, what are numbers now? Take this into consideration. The second fleet was loooow. But, I guess I sent in more fleets. As soon as the AoE saw this new fleet approaching, they all transported out of there and back to Ruby. All the destruction the new fleet did never happened.

No reversing time, though I'll certainly agree to you running away shortly after my fleet attacked. I don't see anything low about the second fleet, you were warned, even if the warning didn't say a fleet was coming. Think about it, "I'm attacking someone and he sends a message to an adjacent system... hmm..."

Macavenger's fleet dropped in on Evildrome. The fleet had 40 Supercruisers and 100 Assault Carrier Mk. IIs. Launching fighters, they prepared to attack.

What do you have at NGC-0595?

------------------
"The problem with the designated driver program, it's not a desirable job. But if you ever get sucked into doing it, have fun with it. At the end of the night, drop them off at the wrong house."
- Jeff Foxworthy

Oh, fine. How much did I lose then? And, where is Evildrome?

What do you have at NGC-0595?

I'll tell you that when we get a map.

Evildrome, in the NGC-0595 system, is the pirate base in the Serpens Nebula. So, what kind of force does the AoE have there?

For losses, if anything below Alien Supercruiser survived, it would be token ships. You should still have a large number of Alien Fighters and probably 150 to 200 Alien Supercruisers left.

===========

After vanquishing the invaders, Admiral Skyblade headed his fleet of 40 Supercruisers and 120 Assault Carriers to Pirate's Cove.

------------------
- Jeff Foxworthy

You'll be dissapointed about Pirate's Cove. All but about 10 super kestrels are gone. As soon as those kestrels see that fleet, I'll transport them out of there. I can transport any material too. As for Evildrome, that was the one of the few fleets I left untouched. I got another 250 super kestrels, and another super transporter. As well as a new prototype...

Well, in that case, I guess when Admiral Skyblade gets to Pirate's Cove he'll just raze all your bases there. All your base are belong to us. 😛

Give me a hint about the prototype here. Meanwhile, we'll do the usual dance of the Firefoxes splitting into groups, making torpedo runs, while the Supercruisers charge in, also firing torpedoes, and try to finish the Superkestrels with the Fusion Beams.

------------------
- Jeff Foxworthy

Meanwhile, we'll do the usual dance of the Firefoxes splitting into groups, making torpedo runs, while the Supercruisers charge in, also firing torpedoes, and try to finish the Superkestrels with the Fusion Beams.

Huh, where is this taking place? As for the new prototype, i'll just tell you what it is altogheter. As of now it's just a tube shaped frigate. It can fly around independantly at high speeds, or, can attach to a cruiser and fire from there. It only has one weapon. The Ion Blaster. It takes up most of the ship but it packs a punch. It's an energy beam that has about three times the power of a heavy fusion beam. Very difficult to use against fighters because they can avoid the beam by making sharp turns. Its frequency puts heavy strain on shields and the beam melts hull like butter. Well, almost like butter. Downside, the mass of the weapon allows only small shield generators, resulting in somewhat weak shields. However, the importance of this weapon to the AoE has made it spend 10 million credits on tritanium armor for the ship.

This battle is taking place at Evildrome, where you said you had 250 SuperKestrels and the prototype, which naturally my fleet is mostly going to stay away from, for now.

------------------
- Jeff Foxworthy

Ok, the resutls on this battle depend on how fast the rebel super cruiser is. To what ship is it comprable?

OK, I bet you all want to know why the AoE exits. And it isn't just for power.

Why the pirates are in it: Pirates were more in rebel space than confed space. Therefore, rebels kill more pirates than confeds. So, the pirates hate the rebels and are out for revenge.

Why the confeds are in it: Guess. Oh, two more reasons. The feds still think that the galaxy is chaos without them so they are trying to restore "order." A lot of parents and siblings and friends were killed in the war between the confeds and rebels. Their friends and family are out for revenge.

Why the aliens are in it: There aren't many confeds left to kill, so they try to destroy the other dominant human force.

For Rebel Supercruiser stats, see my post where I put all of them, but speed is 240. Somewhat faster than a Kestrel.

------------------
- Jeff Foxworthy

Hmmm... OK, with a little leading, my prototype can hit the rebel cruisers quite consistently. Did I mention that when it attaches to a cruiser it shares it's shields?

Who says the Rebel Supercruisers are going to get close enough to the Ion Blaster for you to hit it? If it's a beam, it can't have that much range.

------------------
- Jeff Foxworthy

It actually has very good range. And, since it attaches to a cruiser, the two sharing their engines can make it go fairly fast.

After the Ion Blaster nearly kills a Supercruiser at the first meeting, about 20 Supercruiser cease tearing through the Superkestrels and surround it, manuvering around a lot so it can't get a good shot at them. Firefoxes begin pounding it with torpedoes, and the globe of Supercruisers gradually works its way in.

------------------
- Jeff Foxworthy

Hmmm... This is when a confederation fleet came in using transporters. They then start to attack one of the rebel supercruisers. Even though the fleet only consists of about 50 confederation cruisers, the rebels still feel that hatred for the confeds and go after them. The prototype then goes and docks with a different cruiser that has a higher percentage of shields left.

Um, I don't think you can control my fleet that way. I've got plenty of Supercruisers that aren't attacking your prototype, so the ones that are continue, and some of the others go after the Confeds. Don't forget that I also have a large number of Assault Carriers here.

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@home.com

Hey, can't turn back time. 😉 But, are Luke and RC ever coming back or should we just stop this thread?

Oh, let's just kill it, I'm too busy moderating the real BfS2 thread.
It gives some insight on what moderators's jobs are like... It's harder than you might think. And I'm sure doing it for a whole board is worse.

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@home.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@home.com

Ok, it was fun while it lasted.