Mr. Moose's Plug-In

Hey people do you like the storyline of my new plug? Here's what it'll be:
They Rebels are sick of gettin thrashed (Don't worry I'm a rebel) so the ask Antinoda (formerly know as Atinoda, the ones that make Kestrels) to make them a new ship, the Kestrel Plus, that is better than the Fed Cruiser. Meanwhile the Feds are trying to find out what Antinoda is up to and later try to steal the Kestrel Plus. I've Added a few other new ships, Clipper Advanced, Defender 2, modified the Lightning and Rapier, let you buy the Hawk as your own ship. I transformed the Excutive transport into the Kestrel Light(like a Kestrel but, weaker, faster and has Hawks.) So do you think it's cool?

------------------
They'll try to kill 'em all with the FORKLIFT!

No.

All those bits on the ends of ship names is not only not original but boring.
Giving an executive transport a fighter bay, and having it as a TRANSPORT called
a "Mini-Kestrel" - God, that's boring!

I'm sorry to say this, but I can't even FEIGN liking it.

Go get yourself some new names. Here's a few:
Falcon
Fulcrum
Panther
Demon
Icarus
Viper
Dragon
Wyvern
Eagle
Omega

Need any more?

PS: You wouldn't have a "Defender 2" or "Clipper Advanced". The better version
would make the other one obsolete, so it'd just be "Defender" and "Clipper" again.

------------------
Jude's left. sniff
We'll miss you/are missing you!
sniff sniff

You dont gotta be so harsh. The idea is cool, but new names would make it superb.
Also thinking is nice, but when it comes time to make it its tough.

------------------
if it dosent doesn't
squiel its not worth
killing

Originally posted by SilverDragon:
**No.

All those bits on the ends of ship names is not only not original but boring.
Giving an executive transport a fighter bay, and having it as a TRANSPORT called
a "Mini-Kestrel" - God, that's boring!

I'm sorry to say this, but I can't even FEIGN liking it.

Go get yourself some new names. Here's a few:
Falcon
Fulcrum
Panther
Demon
Icarus
Viper
Dragon
Wyvern
Eagle
Omega

Need any more?

PS: You wouldn't have a "Defender 2" or "Clipper Advanced". The better version
would make the other one obsolete, so it'd just be "Defender" and "Clipper" again.

I recently made the Vulture. It wouldn't be Defender or Clipper again because you can buy both and the good ones are more expensive. Don't worry I'll change the Defender 2, I thought that name sucked myself. Hey the Kestrel Light is cool, I didn't just give it Hawks and change the name. It's more like a 'vette but better. Then I have two other ships the Bolt and Torpedo. I'm also thinking about making a new Rebel ship called the Rebel Glory. And I'll have plenty of missions.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Mr. Moose (edited 04-20-2001).)

You used my "kestrel plus" idea! im so proud!
😛 (definately a name change needed tho :p)
i idid post that idea in another string, didnt i?

------------------

Originally posted by Mr. Moose:
**Hey people do you like the storyline of my new plug? Here's what it'll be:
They Rebels are sick of gettin thrashed (Don't worry I'm a rebel) so the ask Antinoda (formerly know as Atinoda, the ones that make Kestrels) to make them a new ship, the Kestrel Plus, that is better than the Fed Cruiser. Meanwhile the Feds are trying to find out what Antinoda is up to and later try to steal the Kestrel Plus. I've Added a few other new ships, Clipper Advanced, Defender 2, modified the Lightning and Rapier, let you buy the Hawk as your own ship. I transformed the Excutive transport into the Kestrel Light(like a Kestrel but, weaker, faster and has Hawks.) So do you think it's cool?

Damn, I thought by the topic heading this might be a plug-in with the Talking Moose.

------------------
Knowledge is power, but ignorance is bliss.

Originally posted by sirterrapin:
**You used my "kestrel plus" idea! im so proud!
😛 (definately a name change needed tho :p)
i idid post that idea in another string, didnt i?

Yes you did but when I read it I was already making it.
Great minds think alike 🙂

------------------

I changed "Defender 2" to Falcon.

------------------

Originally posted by Mr. Moose:
**I changed "Defender 2" to Falcon.

The Galactic Scourge plugin "GS 1.4" has a ship called Falcon already.

On the plugin idea, the rebels would do better to ask CDX Starworks (inventer of the rebel destroyer) for a new ship rather than the unfriendly Atinoda who only sells their ships to "the most reputable" persons.

------------------

Originally posted by magicianeer:
**The Galactic Scourge plugin "GS 1.4" has a ship called Falcon already.

On the plugin idea, the rebels would do better to ask CDX Starworks (inventer of the rebel destroyer) for a new ship rather than the unfriendly Atinoda who only sells their ships to "the most reputable" persons.

Yeah, but the Agrosy was no good for fighting, But the Kestrel...
Anyway it's no longer Atinoda they changed their name to Antinoda ('cause I think it sounds better. :)) Besides who's gonna ask the makers of the Defender three time winner of the Dingleberry Awards Worst Fighter of The Year (quote from my plug-in.) to make a ship.
Who cares about GS? They can't copyright the name of a bird... can they?
More ships recently made........................The Robin - Fighter and the Rebel Glory - Really good. 😄 Clipper Advanced name changed to Blue Jay
I also changed the Heavy Rocket to the Mega Missile (now it seeks. It was too good so now they're expensive.)
I also started the missions.

-----------------

(This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds)

CDX also make the excellent Rapier, so they obviously know how to make fighters. How about making a new Cruiser for the rebels with a Rapier bay... all made by CDX. That'd be cool. But make sure that the battles are even; if you make a rebel super-ship, you have to make a confed alternative with similar specifications. It's important to maintain a balanced storyline.

------------------
I choose to believe that the glass is half empty.

Originally posted by cable_guy:
**CDX also make the excellent Rapier, so they obviously know how to make fighters. How about making a new Cruiser for the rebels with a Rapier bay... all made by CDX. That'd be cool. But make sure that the battles are even; if you make a rebel super-ship, you have to make a confed alternative with similar specifications. It's important to maintain a balanced storyline.

First of all it's not a Rebel ship it's Antinoda's (new government, sorry should have said it eairlier.)And the Glory is equal to the Fed Cruiser(mabey a little better), Second If you do the Fed missions you get to steal a Kestrel Plus prototype and later buy one from what the Feds copied. Last of all I like the Rapier Bay but I can't do grapics (Yes, I export them using EV-Edit from other Plug-Ins so lots of thanks from the makers of the Rebellion Glory Plug-In, Maskarovia Plug-In, and The Explorers Plug-In, which all are extremely cool and I highly recomend them.) But if any one made the graphics I'd put it in.

------------------

How does this idea sound(dont use it tho, i just want input)
50 years after the rebels are defeated- The rebels retreated to the fringe worlds after the feds took palshife(im talking WAY out in the fringes), and allied with the pirates, weakened from TAG(desperate alliance). They continue piracy, but rebels only attack confed ships, and pirates attack everyone except rebels. The feds have made good weapons unavailable(you can buy laser cannons-thats it) though new weapons are constantly being introduced. (repeating laser, turbolaser, etc.) The rebels are attempting to steal ancient(20-21 century) weapons, in order to get cheap, effective weapnry that is small and feds might not notice.(missions to capture"Armageddon Bomb"(nuke) technology, etc.) The rebels also have spies in CDX starworks, and so they get some new ships, and one mission has you plant a spy in antidona(i agree, the extra n helps) so eventually rebels are running around in kestrels. Many rebel ships are just standard ships with a little more armor, shielding, maneuverability, etc., plus some old tech- grenade launches(really chew up the armor!), and eventually nukes and others. Also, rebels have improved their old devices(sloaking and tractor beam), and now the beam does damage(though barely any) and the cloak doesnt drain shields/armor. Thats just a taste, but how does it sound?

------------------

Just change those names and the plug will be cool.

------------------
Insult of the month:
You are the fattest thing I've ever seen...and I've been on safari!

Mr. Moose- interesting, I couldn't make a decent graphic if my life depended on it, which fortunately it doesn't 😉 Keep us posted and convince somebody with a bunch of time on his/her hands to make a few picts for you... 😄

------------------
Destroyer of Worlds
(or at least their ships)

**How does this idea sound(dont use it tho, i just want input)
50 years after the rebels are defeated- The rebels retreated to the fringe worlds after the feds took palshife(im talking WAY out in the fringes), and allied with the pirates, weakened from TAG(desperate alliance).
<snip>
Thats just a taste, but how does it sound?

50 years is quite long, everything would be different in 50 years. Try 5-10 years.

General request to plugin makers: please fix the hawk fighter bay and light freighter (or remove them entirely). The problems with them should be obvious.

------------------

Originally posted by magicianeer:

**How does this idea sound(dont use it tho, i just want input)
50 years after the rebels are defeated- The rebels retreated to the fringe worlds after the feds took palshife(im talking WAY out in the fringes), and allied with the pirates, weakened from TAG(desperate alliance).
<snip>
Thats just a taste, but how does it sound?

50 years is quite long, everything would be different in 50 years. Try 5-10 years.

General request to plugin makers: please fix the hawk fighter bay and light freighter (or remove them entirely). The problems with them should be obvious.

The problem must be they are a waste of money because the only thing they do well is die, that and the hawk bay is overpriced and too big.

------------------

I just made a new ship the other day. I made a new rebel cruiser, made by CDX Starworks. The CDX Starworks Rebel Battle Cruiser.(it's an upgraded rebel destoryer) I'll upload it soon.

------------------
Lionheart,
Overlord of Levo, Kathoon, Spica, and Gymkata.

I here by resign from making plug-ins, because I don't know what the heck I'll doing. I'm to old and to young to ever know how to program anything. The only things I can program are the TV and VCR, anything other than that I just get out of the way and let the programers do what they do. :frown: .

------------------
Lionheart,

I here by resign from making plug-ins, because I don't know what the heck I'm doing. I'm to old and to young to ever know how to program anything. The only things I can program are the TV and VCR, anything other than that I just get out of the way and let the programers do what they do. :frown: . Well I guess 22 isn't realy that old is it? I can install things, but I never learned to program or code anything. This Mac of mine is the first one I've ever had. It's a PPC 6500/250, with 128mb ram running OS 8.1. I'm going to buy a new G4 real soon. I'm too much of a gamer to really care about programing. Maybe someone can make a plug-in creator/editor app. so that somebody who doesn't have any programig knowlage, can use it.

------------------
Lionheart,

(This message has been edited by Lionheart (edited 04-26-2001).)