Can't get into the energy temple

Hey I know this might sound like a lame question, but I need one of those white ball things to put in the hole, turn it orange, and then open the door to the energy temple. I've been using this method throughout the whole area to open all kinds of doors, and the white balls were always available nearby. This time, I really can't find one in the whole energy temple area, no matter how hard I look. Any hints?

I've defeated the first monster that's in the corridor waaaay down at the bottom of the map, but no major bosses since killing him...

Thanks in advance.

Mike

This post has been edited by mikeg88 : 29 November 2009 - 08:57 AM

If it helps, I've found that big red closed flower very nearby. I think I have to do something with that, but I can't figure out what. I tried singing to it, and everything else I know. Perhaps there's a bug in the copy of the game that I have?

Thanks again.

You're on the right track; however, you won't be able to get the pearl until later in the game. Keep a mental note (or put a marker on the map) and come back later. You're done with the Energy Temple for now, so move on. Good luck!

QUOTE (zqipper @ Nov 29 2009, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're on the right track; however, you won't be able to get the pearl until later in the game. Keep a mental note (or put a marker on the map) and come back later. You're done with the Energy Temple for now, so move on. Good luck!

So that means I have to go find the kelp forest, I think, right? I heard that it's north, but I feel like I've been everywhere in Home Waters!

QUOTE (mikeg88 @ Nov 29 2009, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So that means I have to go find the kelp forest, I think, right? I heard that it's north, but I feel like I've been everywhere in Home Waters!

Welcome to the forums, mikeg88. Enjoy your stay!

Aquaria's pretty open-ended as far as where you can go. Just explore, don't worry about opening this or that as long as you set good markers. There are plenty of things like this that you just need the right ability to open, but you won't have it at the time. Enjoy the game, fill in the other parts later.

This post has been edited by adam_0 : 29 November 2009 - 12:05 PM

Well, I'm pretty sure after the Energy Temple you have to go all the way East to Mithalas. After that, there's quite a bit of flexibility as to when you go where.

QUOTE (zqipper @ Nov 29 2009, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I'm pretty sure after the Energy Temple you have to go all the way East to Mithalas.

No, you can do the Kelp Forest before visiting Mithalas too – and the Mithalan mini-bosses will be easier if you do.

The method hinted at in the game is to go to Mithalas, then turn back at the Cathedral and complete the Kelp Forest, and then back to Mithalas, and then the Veil, although all three of these places can be played in any order with the exception that the Veil can’t be done before Mithalas (since you need Beast Form).