Translator needed

Need translation of the cave "symbols" and the colors of the s

If someone will please translate for me or show me how the symbols relate to the song colors, I'd be able to get past a huge hump. The only color that looks like any symbol is the blue/purple with the spiral. Not one of the others looks remotely like any other color. I cannot make the connection to get a bind song or any other. Will someone just please point blank tell me? It will not spoil my game one bit.

QUOTE (JinSanDiego @ Jun 3 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If someone will please translate for me or show me how the symbols relate to the song colors, I'd be able to get past a huge hump. The only color that looks like any symbol is the blue/purple with the spiral. Not one of the others looks remotely like any other color. I cannot make the connection to get a bind song or any other. Will someone just please point blank tell me? It will not spoil my game one bit.

Here's the hint in the cave:

Do you see how the symbols on the cave wall correspond to notes for you to sing? Just sing them in order, left to right, in front of the door. That's it.

This post has been edited by cheleball : 03 June 2009 - 08:02 PM

I finally found the location in Song Cave to my delight. I'd swum around in there but not found that spot. Now made it to the Energy Temple, after about 15 tries, I killed the statue and got my new form, but alas, I cannot escape. I've tried every which way. Think I will have to erase the save and do the energy temple over to see what I need to do before entering the battle room so the column might not shut.....wonder if I can drag a rock to prop it up? It took so many attempts to kill that thing I dread doing it over.........guess I'd better get used to that with this game as I've a feeling I will get trapped a lot and find no way out but to do it over and try something different. Oh well. Days, weeks, months before I will ever get to see land! :laugh:

QUOTE (JinSanDiego @ Jun 4 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I finally found the location in Song Cave to my delight. I'd swum around in there but not found that spot. Now made it to the Energy Temple, after about 15 tries, I killed the statue and got my new form, but alas, I cannot escape. I've tried every which way. Think I will have to erase the save and do the energy temple over to see what I need to do before entering the battle room so the column might not shut.....wonder if I can drag a rock to prop it up? It took so many attempts to kill that thing I dread doing it over.........guess I'd better get used to that with this game as I've a feeling I will get trapped a lot and find no way out but to do it over and try something different. Oh well. Days, weeks, months before I will ever get to see land! :laugh:

By the way, the Q key will bring up your map. When you enter a new area, the map will show you the entire area, and the places you've been will be highlighted. So, if you're missing something, check to see if there's anywhere you haven't been.

It's been ages since I played, but you may need to drop a pearl (using the bind song) in a statue and energize it (shoot it with energy bolts) in order to open the door. There are several places in the game where you need to do that, so I think they wanted to make sure you figured it out right then and there.

QUOTE (cheleball @ Jun 4 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By the way, the Q key will bring up your map. When you enter a new area, the map will show you the entire area, and the places you've been will be highlighted. So, if you're missing something, check to see if there's anywhere you haven't been.

It's been ages since I played, but you may need to drop a pearl (using the bind song) in a statue and energize it (shoot it with energy bolts) in order to open the door. There are several places in the game where you need to do that, so I think they wanted to make sure you figured it out right then and there.

Keys I figured out fine (except hot keys for #s). You know, I did find a pearl but I zapped it to open a door that led to a dead end room. Maybe I need to redo that and take the pearl up to the main room and see if I can use it to open that darn door. I will try that. If you think of some other magic trick I can use to get the heck out of there, please let me know. I have lots of time to spend, however, taking several hours trying to figure one area out is wearing on me.
When I started over and went to energy temple, I couldn't kill the large statue....or is that a boss? Anyway, I kept getting killed, so I hit a saved game and tried to find a way out. By midnight I gave up. That was 8 hours after I began yesterday. <_< This is quite embarrassing to boot.

He starts singing a tune after you've killed the crystal entity, doesn't he? What song is that? Perhaps you could sing it too to get something to happen...? 😉

It seems to me that you need to think about how you can use the singing mechanism of the game more to solve puzzles. You need to suck yourself out of the mindset that you need to "go here, trip a switch, go back" which I often find in other RPGs, like Zelda, Sketchfighter, Cave Story... Sometimes the key is your "voice," if you catch my drift.