Aquaria for iPhone

I started a new save when the Mac version was officially out and it took me about 7 hours to beat the game, but thats just with all the memories and forms and very few treasures. I probably have another 2 to 3 hours left of gameplay what with mini bosses to beat and nicknacks to find.

I registered just to say... please, on the Wii!

I tried the demo of Aquaria back when it was still quite new, and it seemed awesome... but I'm just not really into PC gaming. The PC is where I do work, download things, and surf the net (plus my current PC crawls)... when I play a game, I like to sit down in front of the TV with a controller in hand. Wii is perfect, perfect for Aquaria.

I know about the 43 MB size limit, and I'm not sure how big Aquaria is in total... but perhaps you could check out what Taito did with Space Invaders Get Even, which was originally supposed to be a retail game but they switched it to WiiWare. The game can't fit in 43 MB... so they released the first few levels of the game for $5 (43 MB), then released the next part as $5 downloadable content (another 43 MB), etc... 4 parts in total, so the full game costs $20. Is Aquaria really bigger than about 170 MB? The downside is that it eats up almost the whole Wii memory, but you can quite easily switch games in and out, either online or with the SD card. There are persistent rumors of a better storage solution coming soon, too.

As for iPhone... can't say as I have any interest. I don't have one, maybe plan to get one... but again, I like to do my gaming on gaming devices, not PCs, phones, etc. But Wii is perfect for this game--think about the beautiful graphics on a widescreen, big-screen TV with the Wiimote as your pointer... 🙂

Edit: By the way, there's a strong possibility for a real surge in Indie Gaming on Wii... with World of Goo's success (perpetual top-3-selling game on WiiWare) and Wii Game of the Year win on IGN, many people are opening up to indie games that used to be restricted to the PC. Nifflas' Night Game, and Cave Story, are also coming out on WiiWare this year.... and Gish's creator is pushing for Gish to come out there, too.

This post has been edited by Leonster : 03 March 2009 - 10:12 AM

My first game was 30+ hours, second was 20+ hours, third was 20+ hours, fourth was 18 hours. What kinds of crazy people get it in 12-14 hours? o_O Maybe that's because of my obsession with completing maps in their entirety though…:D

I lack iPhone or iPod Touch, but I might actually consider buying one solely for this game (if it is made). :laugh:

Please do develop this for iPhone- I would purchase it for sure.

I would love to see this, but, like some of the others posting here, don't have an iPhone of touch, and so would probably not play it. One thing I would like to know would be, is it the To be continued at the end? If it was, it would make me sad because I would miss out on it.

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 27 April 2009 - 05:45 PM