Are people getting bored with EV?

havent you people ever heard of escape velocity overide?????

if your board then that is dum!!!!!

ev is one of the best games ever made mac or pc!!!

if your board of playing it download overide or get off the ev boards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

------------------
I am the SuperStar Destroyer,
soon you will all feel my wrath
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

A jedi's strengh flows through
the force

luke do not underestimate the
powers of the darkside

I have acepted that you
were once Anakin Skywalker
my father

young jedi only now do
you truly understand the
powers of the darkside

Originally posted by wraith:
**havent you people ever heard of escape velocity overide?????

if your board then that is dum!!!!!

ev is one of the best games ever made mac or pc!!!

if your board of playing it download overide or get off the ev boards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Geeze, Wraith, calm down! I agree, but stuff gets old. No need for all those (!). 🙂

------------------
"I don't get involved in politics. My IQ is too high."

if your board with ev then your messed up royaly. granted some modern games are good but how many will survive years and how many can become like a completly new game via plug-ins. if you like modern games fine i do to i have a lot but ev is the ONLY game that has kept me coming back time after time after time and if it dont keep you coming back your messed up :mad:

------------------

the force

powers of the darkside

I have acepted that you
my father

young jedi only now do
you truly understand the
powers of the darkside

**if your board with ev then your messed up royaly. granted some modern games are good but how many will survive years and how many can become like a completly new game via plug-ins. if you like modern games fine i do to i have a lot but ev is the ONLY game that has kept me coming back time after time after time and if it dont keep you coming back your messed up:mad:

What is your problem? I haven't played EV in months, and I have gotten a bit bored with it, not having the bandwidth to download good plugins. That doesn't imply that EV is a bad game or that other games are wholly superior, merely that is possible to exhaust EV's possibilities and that trying new things can also be a good thing. Play some Avara, Harry, or Ferazel for a change.

------------------
"His Strangelove All-Purpose Do-It-Yourself Defensive First Second or Third Strike Indestructible Fantastic State-of-the-Art B-Ware Offensive Attack Bomber can't compare with our M & M E & A Sub-Supersonic Invisible and Noiseless Defensive Second-Strike Offensive Attack Bomber."
- from Closing Time , by Joseph Heller.

Originally posted by ColdFusion:

**if your board with ev then your messed up royaly. granted some modern games are good but how many will survive years and how many can become like a completly new game via plug-ins. if you like modern games fine i do to i have a lot but ev is the ONLY game that has kept me coming back time after time after time and if it dont keep you coming back your messed up:mad:

What is your problem? I haven't played EV in months, and I have gotten a bit bored with it, not having the bandwidth to download good plugins. That doesn't imply that EV is a bad game or that other games are wholly superior, merely that is possible to exhaust EV's possibilities and that trying new things can also be a good thing. Play some Avara, Harry, or Ferazel for a change.

Avara, Harry, and Ferazel suck...
play Diablo 2!

------------------
"Your attack has been rendered harmless.
It is, however, quite pretty"

EV is NOT made anew when you play a new plug-in: the strategies remain the same. The primitive AI is too easy to beat. I do think that a game is truly great if you can go without playing it for months or a year and still have fun talking about it. I still think EV is a great game. Ares has a much better engine, though, and once Hera comes out (I hope it's like ResEdit and EV-Edit combined!) it will grow a lot. Right now I don't play any Ambrosia games, or any computer games at all for that matter. I'm into Star Wars CCG, so I spend a lot of time of the Decipher boards.
No plug is totally bug-free, and I've operated on every one I've played. My copy of the EV Data itself is so hacked up that I've considered wiping my entire EV folder and re-installing EV from the CD, then getting Pale, Bounty, and a couple other select plug-ins to play. I may continue, once in a while, but I think you can "beat" a plug in. Especially Pale. There are many mission strings, but there are no big choices. Otherwise, it's a great plug-in. Game Expander is also fun, but it doesn't have enough missions. There are no perfect plug-ins.
By the way, the last really good plug I played through was Beyond The Crescent. It has some of the best missions I've ever played. I don't really want to make my own plug-ins, because the missions have no surprise, and it never works anyway. Since I've been gone, have there been any really good plug ins (with good missions) since about November or December?

------------------
Luca Rescigno
"And may not every one of the stars or suns have as great a retinue of planets with moons to wait upon them as has our own Sun?"
-Christiaan Huygens

hello people dont any of you go to the overide web board
evo version 1.2 will be released soon and along with new stuff the ai has been drastically improved. no more monty python maneuvers. no more bombarding your target from a distance and fighters will no longer be worthless wait till it comes out and if you think that ev/o is boring than get of the board :mad:

------------------

the force

powers of the darkside

I have acepted that you
my father

young jedi only now do
you truly understand the
powers of the darkside

Interesting how major will the upgrade be? Some AI changes and engine enhancements? Will there be new graphics instead of all those original EV ones? I hope there are Arada pictures built in, even though you can't buy most variants. Just for developers. After all, EV has the non-purchasable ship graphics built in. I've never played EVO very much, since it's basically just a plug-in, not a major enhancement.
It would be VERY cool 🆒 if they could combine EV and Ares, or make an Ares plug-in (once Hera comes out) to make it like an EV "Tour Of Duty" for the Rebels, Confeds, Pirates, Artemis, and UGE. An EVO one, too.

------------------
Luca Rescigno
"And may not every one of the stars or suns have as great a retinue of planets with moons to wait upon them as has our own Sun?"
-Christiaan Huygens

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno:
**Interesting how major will the upgrade be? Some AI changes and engine enhancements? Will there be new graphics instead of all those original EV ones? I hope there are Arada pictures built in, even though you can't buy most variants. Just for developers. After all, EV has the non-purchasable ship graphics built in. I've never played EVO very much, since it's basically just a plug-in, not a major enhancement.
It would be VERY cool 🆒 if they could combine EV and Ares, or make an Ares plug-in (once Hera comes out) to make it like an EV "Tour Of Duty" for the Rebels, Confeds, Pirates, Artemis, and UGE. An EVO one, too.

1.0.2 is mainly an engine update; press the 'Upcoming' button at the top of the board and click on EV Override 1.0.2 to find out more. There are a few small scenario changes, a coupla bug fixes, no new graphics. However, EVO 3D Designs was released a month or so ago, with all the EVO Infini-D models in one package; if you have Infini-D or a compatible 3D program, you can render your own views and scenes of Override ships.

I agree about EV and EVO for Ares; commanding your own Confed/Rebel fleet in a well-established universe would be fascinating, though I'm a terrible Ares player.

------------------
"His Strangelove All-Purpose Do-It-Yourself Defensive First Second or Third Strike Indestructible Fantastic State-of-the-Art B-Ware Offensive Attack Bomber can't compare with our M & M E & A Sub-Supersonic Invisible and Noiseless Defensive Second-Strike Offensive Attack Bomber."
- from Closing Time , by Joseph Heller.

Ev-edit and Resedit combined? God I hope not!

Combining complexity and the automatic feature of destroying anything you open with it couldn't be good.

I know what you mean though. I hope so too...

------------------
"These are my terms, abide by them or drink vacuum."-Tycho

Since I've been gone, have there been any really
good plug ins (with good missions) since about
November or December?

Try Mugabi and Destiny ..for him or ...for her

------------------

Well Id like to say that I belive EV, is not a dead game.
Ive just recently started playing again. You know the old saying about how seperation makes the heart grow fonder. Seems to me that since I hadnt played EV in a long, long time, it still retains its value, as with any game its hard to stay in it forever. Im thinking about doing a plugin of my own, the development process for games interests me, unfortunately I dont have bryce anymore, and that means I cant do my own planet graphics, which kinda sucks, ahh well, I say its still fun.

Richard