Life in EV

My real concern for the time of EV would be the various diseases that plague the various planets. The plagues of various planets should constitute a quarentine until the plague was erradicated, right. But what if a person got through it beforehand and got the galaxy diseased? Would that mean the end of our race??

(This message has been edited by Desert Fox (edited 04-25-2000).)

Nexus provides us a good point. Avoiding those stinging seeker drones is quite an annoyance, especially when they are targeting you while you are right about to escape the fusion beam. The Defender's shields would have a hard time staying around after an assualt from either of those. I disagree that it is impossible though. A skilled person could do it...

------------------
-With precise stormtrooper trainig Zeth targeted and fired. The comm officer flew backwards, his chest a black hole.-
Star Wars: Champions of the Force

What exactly does clear fields do on the responce page? I am a little reluctant to use it.

------------------
-With precise stormtrooper trainig Zeth targeted and fired. The comm officer flew backwards, his chest a black hole.-

Originally posted by Desert Fox:
What exactly does clear fields do on the responce page? I am a little reluctant to use it.

Simple; it clears the fields. =P

------------------
OpenGL Avara!

AIM: EVAndrewM

"I haven't seen myself lately, AndrewM."
Ā— GreenYO, #ev

You dodge the seeker drones first, by hiding in asteroids. This, I imagine, is especially easy in a Defender because of its speed. Then you attack the cruiser.

------------------
"Am becomink system administrator of all Borg functions."
"You mean..."
"Yes. Am becomink root of all evil."
-Pitr

AIM: obormot345

**Also someone said something about 10,000 for one person to travel from one place to another. It is always a group that approaches to ask for transport to another region in the galaxy and the amount is 5,000. At least I think it is 5,000:D šŸ™‚ šŸ˜„

5,000 is EVO. 10,000 is EV.

------------------
"durnaya sobatchka!"

AOL/AIM-Nador26

Yahoo Messenger-OctoberFost

(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/octoberfost")http://www.geocities.com/octoberfost(/url)

Originally posted by OctoberFost:
5,000 is EVO. 10,000 is EV.
(/B)

I just thought of a new feature for the EVO engine, althought this is the EV board, making a flag in the mission resource that multiplies the initial pay by the number of tons of cargo you are carrying, since you can varrying amount of cargo, then you can have varrying amount of pay.

Anyway, I think we are missing the point of this discussion, heading off into what ship is better is kind of redundant since everyone's already posted about it. So let's focus on the aspects of everyday life.

Nexus, that sounds like a cool story, maybe you can post exerts here that describe the setting of different places.

If anyone's read Xenocide, its about 5 sentient creatures, the most unerving of all of them, is one is a virus. That can mutate very fast to make itself immune to stuff that can kill it. It's called the Desecola. And the piggies depend on the virus to live, but the Desecola kills everything else. Not to mention that some piggies think that the virus is god's will, and they want to spread it to every world. It's really a really GOOD book.

In EV, I would be traveling the stars like everyone else, but where no one else has been. An explorer, with my only goal to be able to see our world, our galaxy, from a different perspective. Now who would want to come with me?

More Later

Chamrin

I don't think anyone could turn down an offer like exploring the galaxy. That would rank high up in things that I would love to do if I were in the EV universe. It would be interesting to go to places that no other human has been before. And the possibility to finding an alien that isn't hostile to humans would be a plus.

------------------

Hm. Okay. The defender topic got a bit carried away there. Now, someone asked me what MY life in EV would be like, no?

Although a lot of people have been looking deeper than ships and fights and wars, I won't do that. I like my idea of my life. I would love to be in the most maneouvrable ship in the galaxy, (getting off the point again). So I already said my life. Plain, but fun šŸ˜‰

BTW, Nexus, you said excuse your grammar? Exactly what is there to excuse? It's better than a lot of other people I know...

------------------
You say I'm an @$$hole? I say get in line.

AOL/AIM: EVmaridian

Website: (url="http://"http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/utopianvenality/index.html")www.angelfire.com/scifi/utopianvenality/index.html(/url)

This is one of the better ideas for a topic that I have seen on this webboard.

------------------
I did really good on my driver's exam. I knocked down all the cones.

Actually, I think I killed it.

------------------

Website: (url="http://"http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/utopianvenality/index.html")www.angelfire.com/scifi/utopianvenality/index.html(/url)

Just show me where the best sports fishing in the galaxy is and I'm there. Just think of all the wierd and different types of marine life there would be in the universe. Just think of reeling in a 20 foot Palshife Pike.

Oh and forge, time for you to post some more cool time quotes. šŸ™‚

------------------
"This is no time to argue about time. We don't have the time."

- Deanna Troi, Star Trek: First Contact

You could probably catch a fish that nobody ever caught before and name it whatever you wanted and set a record no matter how small the friggin thing is.

------------------

I know what else I would do. Start a shipbuilding company. Aurora Systems, yeah, that'd be nice...

BTW, this has to be one of the best topics I've ever seen on these boards (although I haven't been here for more than a few months), so where all the replies?

------------------

Originally posted by forge:
**Hmmm, think about this: Most of us would probably still be living on a planet or perhaps a space station. If space travel cost 10 grand for a one-way ticket, how much you think it'll cost for overall support and such.

:rolleyes:Well, someone seems to be forgetting that a shuttlecraft also costs ten grand (hee hee). :rolleyes:

------------------

(This message has been edited by Jumbostar (edited 05-02-2000).)

Originally posted by Chamrin:
**I just thought of a new feature for the EVO engine, althought this is the EV board, making a flag in the mission resource that multiplies the initial pay by the number of tons of cargo you are carrying, since you can varrying amount of cargo, then you can have varrying amount of pay.

Anyway, I think we are missing the point of this discussion, heading off into what ship is better is kind of redundant since everyone's already posted about it. So let's focus on the aspects of everyday life.

Nexus, that sounds like a cool story, maybe you can post exerts here that describe the setting of different places.

If anyone's read Xenocide, its about 5 sentient creatures, the most unerving of all of them, is one is a virus. That can mutate very fast to make itself immune to stuff that can kill it. It's called the Desecola. And the piggies depend on the virus to live, but the Desecola kills everything else. Not to mention that some piggies think that the virus is god's will, and they want to spread it to every world. It's really a really GOOD book.

In EV, I would be traveling the stars like everyone else, but where no one else has been. An explorer, with my only goal to be able to see our world, our galaxy, from a different perspective. Now who would want to come with me?

More Later

Chamrin**

Ever read "Ender's Game", also by Orson Scott Card? If you haven't it is an absolute must. I believe that everybody should read it.

100 posts, sweet.
------------------

(This message has been edited by Desert Fox (edited 05-02-2000).)

Ever read "Ender's Game", also by Orson Scott Card? If you haven't it is an absolute must. I believe that everybody should read it.

Yep I've read it, thats what led me to read Speaker for the Dead and Xenocide, now I'm waiting until someone returns the fourth one to the library so I can read it šŸ™‚ anyway, I agree, Ender's game is quite possible one of the best book series I've read.

As for this string, its getting very ouvious that people don't really have many ideas about living in EV, so lets expand this topic, to include ideas you've read about, as that has already happened anyway. I've heard many of ismov's books are really good, but I'm not sure which one to start with, I've read a few short stories by him, and they were pretty good. If anyone else has any books they suggest people read, post them here. Because Knowledge is easy to get, Good knowledge is not.

Chamrin

Well, I would have to be rebel born. Preferably on palshife, or alkaidion. I would join the rebellion at 18, and become a fighter pilot, while working on my own designs for the next gen. manta. i would be on the palshife defence fleet, and begin working in a covert ops division. Eventually, i would pilot my own prototype ship, with cloak and fast-recharging shields, made for recon and stealth operations. a fuel regenerator of epic size (like polaris tech in EVGE) would be credited to me, as i find fuel as a must have, all the time. this would fund my own personal fleet, as the rebellion would license this tech. from me, to further explore the galaxy. As a final mission, i would pilot the lead stealth assault gunship (of my own design, with accompaning fighters) to a massive assault on all pirate worlds, making myself the most loved figure by independent people, but making the Artemis group watch my every move. i would have to leave the destruction of the confederation to the rebellion, as i could never see the destruction of the home planet of my beloved race. (all in the name of earth!) after settling down, i would colonize a world far beyond our known galaxy, and begin a more peaceful settlement, in a secluded sector of our galaxy. This new conglomeration of worlds and species (cuz there is more, just not necessarily here... duh.) (majestic 12!!! j/k) would be peaceful but strong, and any enemies would be eradicated before they even saw a blip on radar, cuz stealth is tha ****. as for me, i would see if evolution makes us live longer, and see if all that time in hyperspace would keep us from aging that much more...

hell yeah. life in EV would be ghetto dope. (says the insanely white guy).

laterer.

------------------
-dammitRussman, kicker of asses at SC pball...

Cuz i can't stand it
gonna crash land it
in other words
consider me branded
another version of me
another version of you
both barrels
what are you gonna do?