Voinian Cruiser vs. Confed Cruiser

I thought this would be a good discussion topic. Who would win?

------------------
If it bleeds, we can kill it.

Er lesse Voinian, because Confed. Cruiser weapons don't penatrate armor well.

------------------
OpenGL Avara!

AIM: EVAndrewM

"You believe what's written in that thing?! I was probably drunk at the time."
-Matt Burch

Andrew M wrote:
**Er lesse Voinian, because Confed. Cruiser weapons don't penatrate armor well.

Well what about the neutron guns. I found them afective against armor. Also wouldn;t the Confeds have guided missles. I not trying to diss you in any way, shape, or form. Sir, I thought that those were the resaons the UE ships won.

------------------

(This message has been edited by JuddAS (edited 04-07-2000).)

(This message has been edited by JuddAS (edited 04-07-2000).)

JuddAS wrote:
Well what about the neutron guns. I found them afected against armor.

Well, only certain përs ships have that.

------------------
OpenGL Avara!

-Matt Burch

JuddAS wrote:
Also wouldn;t the Confeds have guided missles. I not trying to diss you in any way, shape, or form. I thought that those were the resaon the UE ships won?

Confed. Cruisers tend to only use their Proton turrets and fighter bays. And question marks aren't useless, y'know.

------------------
OpenGL Avara!

-Matt Burch

(This message has been edited by Andrew M (edited 04-07-2000).)

JuddAS wrote:
Well what about the neutron guns. I found them afected against armor.

Well, only certain përs ships have that.

------------------
OpenGL Avara!

-Matt Burch

Actually, the Confed Cruiser would more than likely win. The weaponry is superior on a Confed Cruiser (4 Proton Turrets have a much quicker rate of fire) The Confed Cruiser also has shields of 800, armor of 100, and the Voinian is much weaker. The Confed Cruiser also has those torpedos, as well as the neutron cannons, instead of turreted rockets, and its 4 patrol ships offer even more guided weaponry.

------------------

OK then. What about the Crescent Warship against a Kestrel with four Lightings?

------------------

JuddAS wrote:
OK then. What about the Crescent Warship against a Kestrel with four Lightings?

Er Kestrels have two lightnings, not four.

------------------
OpenGL Avara!

-Matt Burch

I know that. I'm saying if a Kestrel had four, could it beat a Crescent Warship.

------------------

I think that the Kestrel would win.

------------------

You really cant compare. Are we talking AI, or humans, or just the specs?

I think the EVO 1.0.2 AI would rape the Kestral, Cruiser, and whole damn EV universe.

~S~

------------------
Small animal kamikaze attack on power supplies

Skunko7 wrote:
**You really cant compare. Are we talking AI, or humans, or just the specs?

I think the EVO 1.0.2 AI would rape the Kestral, Cruiser, and whole damn EV universe.

~S~

Man that is sick. Rapeing EV ships. That's messed up.

------------------

If you are going to compare kestrel-crecent warship, please compare with kestrel with 2 lightnings, it´s more realistic.
-----------------------------
If it´s quality software you can read "Made by Macintosh"

------------------

Andrew M wrote:
**Well, only certain përs ships have that.

Not true. I think that there's a general confusion about what weapons the Confed Cruiser has. It's got proton turrets, missiles , neutron blasters, and patrol ships. It has no torps, and no rockets. The neutron guns are slow, have a short range, and the Cruiser doesn't use them often. On the other hand, a Voinian Cruiser has (I think) more fighters, maybe not. It's neutron turrets will almost always hit the slow Confed ship. So it actually depends.

Besides, you guys have to realize that shield strengths are scaled down in EVO. In other words, 500 shielding is not the same, in terms of the average weapon, shield, armor values in the rest of each game. So you can't just say, "The Confed Cruiser can beat an Igazra because it has more shields."

------------------
Analysis, Mr. Spock?

AIM: obormot345

Shadow wrote:
If you are going to compare kestrel-crecent warship, please compare with kestrel with 2 lightnings, it´s more realistic.

Four is always better than two.

------------------

JuddAS wrote:
**Four is always better than two.

But the Kestrel has TWO. the maximum number of fighters the bay supports is TWO. Unless you cheat. Anyway, the KEstrel wins.

------------------
Communism vs. Capitalism
Confeds vs. Rebels
MacOS vs. Windows OR
Rebellious Rebels that use MacOS and are headed by a S. Jobs vs.

Communist Confeds that use Winblows and are headed by a B.Gates.
AIM: EVCorvette

Bozorg wrote:
**But the Kestrel has TWO. the maximum number of fighters the bay supports is TWO. Unless you cheat. Anyway, the KEstrel wins.

That is right ,but in the Finnale Battle plug you can buy four. That is not cheating. Thanks for replying.

------------------

There is no way the voinians could ever beat the Confed Cruiser. The confed cruiser has long range weapons, and the voinians use short range weapons. Also, the Confed cruiser has better shields (but less armor) is loaded with turrets and missles. (And if you get a forklift, you can just about say good bye to the voinian race) > )

Obormot wrote:
**Not true. I think that there's a general confusion about what weapons the Confed Cruiser has. It's got proton turrets, missiles , neutron blasters, and patrol ships. It has no torps, and no rockets. The neutron guns are slow, have a short range, and the Cruiser doesn't use them often. On the other hand, a Voinian Cruiser has (I think) more fighters, maybe not. It's neutron turrets will almost always hit the slow Confed ship. So it actually depends.

Besides, you guys have to realize that shield strengths are scaled down in EVO. In other words, 500 shielding is not the same, in terms of the average weapon, shield, armor values in the rest of each game. So you can't just say, "The Confed Cruiser can beat an Igazra because it has more shields."

man, some people are so dumb...get EV edit and note that the confed cruiser has: 16 torps, 4 proton turrets, 4 neutron cannons, 1 patrol ship bay and 4 patrol ships. it also has 800 sheilds and 100 armour. it would slaughter any ship in EVO. and somewhere else, someone said that a rapier has missiles. pisses me off...

------------------