Net EV

Drew4484 wrote:
**Well, if you think about it, not many vessels are capable of atmostpheric entry. Even though the majority of EV's ships are aeroodynamic, the ships are basically incapable of landing. Almost all of them are too heavy to fly in a major gravity field without monster engines, and ships like the Kestrel might have a few problems (look at the angle of the wings). The ideas of lighters or shuttles would work. But if you're in a ship big enough to need shuttles, don't you have crew to go down to the planet for you? (Not to mention fly the ship?)

P.S. I still think that it's a good idea. I just have too much time. What about a program that evaluate's your skills, based on critera?

Huh? I think that if you command an enormous freighter, just like in a real port, you'd need a pilot to guide into orbit, and lighters would come from the planet to pick up cargo - concievably they could be carried in a bay on the ship, but that would take up a lot of space. The captain could go down in a shuttle to negociate prices, etc., and crew would stay onboard to keep the ship in orbit, or let the freighter orbit on autopilot.

Actually, I think the Kestrel is designed for limited athmospheric entry - the wings are primarily to keep it stable.

Yeah - an evaluation system for Exobattle solo flying would be cool - easier than programming a full-scale X-wing-esque networkable space-combat sim,

------------------
" The Zaphod Beeblebrox?"

"No, just a Zaphod Beeblebrox; didn't you hear I come in six-packs?"
-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Goodness, what has happened to this site? The best Plugin, STEV, is missing from the download file!. If anybody knows where I can get it, please post it here...thanx!!!