Turn off narration?

While I love the graphics and sound effects in the game, I like to keep the narration turned off for the sake of immersion. Don't get me wrong, the voice acting is fine, it's just that I find the fact that Naija is British a bit distracting. So I turned the voice slider in options down to 0% when I started playing.

Later on, I find that the music and sound effects will "dim" in places other than when the narration is rolling. It seems as if some sound effects, such as the

Spoiler

stone door in the Song Cave

opening and that

Spoiler

horned statue south-southwest of the same door in the Song Cave,

are all "mapped"* to the "channel"* that the narration uses as well. I still don't know what's going on with that

Spoiler

statue

because I have the voice turned off whenever I go near it.

So, what I'd like is an option to turn off just Naija's narration without having to turn off all the sound that's on that channel as well. Something like a checkbox would work fine. If it's feasible, I'd like to see this in a future version of Aquaria. It'd make buying it worth that much more to me, but if it can't be helped, I'll buy it anyway. 😉

*Yes, I know, these are graphic arts terms, but I didn't know what else to call them.

Hey, sorry to hear that it annoys you on some level!

Unfortunately (for you), the voice acting is heavily integrated into the sound scape of the game, and the sound scape is critical to the fabric of the whole experience... so it would not be an easy change to simply turn off all voice acting and related sounds. 🙂

Well crud...

But, as for that

Spoiler

horned statue

, don't sweat it too much. It just gives an

Spoiler

evil sounding laugh

whenever you go near it. As I recall, at least...