Make a darn mac update

Theres update for windows and linux make one for mac

I am sick and tired og batling with bugs in 1.3 :mad: wich is the only and latest version for mac... why dont you make and update that fixes the bugs :huh: , like has been done for windows and linux, why are we mac users left out :unsure: ...

so mac users help me make ambrosia aware of this problem and post here to so that we can stand together and get an update...

As you may or may not know, the company that did the Mac port (Contraband Entertainment) no longer exists. There is a group of people working hard to get the Mac version updated, so please sit tight.

Maybe this'll fix that LAN bug.

As prophile said, the company that made the port pretty much doesn't exist anymore. Ambrosia is just a publisher, sadly they do not have control of the codebase in order to release anymore patches.

I do know that contraband no longer exist but stil own the legal rights. i also know that the one person that made up contraband now is working for EA, i would hope if anyone knew this person would make some kind of contact too get the legal rights released wich seems to be the biggest hold up in this case....

do correct me if im wrong... :mellow:

If you know they now work for EA, what's to stop you from contacting them yourself and asking them to do so?

because thats all i know i´m just a guy sitting denmark i have no posibility of contacting EA and finding the person... i was hoping somebody in ambrosia knew this person personally and would talk to her personally (i believe its a her not completly sure)....

I see. Well, in that case, a good course of action may be to contact MagnusApollo and ask him about the possibilities of contacting EA. He's Ambrosia's PR and Media liaison.

I now have mailed MagnusApollo pleading for help in this case, and i hope that we can get in touch with Contraband.
I really hope we can get it done so that a mac update can be released legally and officially.

Hola,

I have sent out a bunch of emails today on the matter, I'll see what happens.

I'm hoping I can figure out what is going on and what the future timeline is for the project.

So, keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks Magnus.

still crossing fingers They are getting a bit stiff... : (

Latest news is that the Devs at onlink-mod.net are making the UB update now. If you want to stay up-to-date, most of the discussion goes on in their forum. Also, they might need beta testers for the UB update.

This post has been edited by rookie10276 : 22 October 2007 - 09:56 PM

@rookie10276, on Oct 22 2007, 10:55 PM, said in Make a darn mac update:

Latest news is that the Devs at onlink-mod.net are making the UB update now. If you want to stay up-to-date, most of the discussion goes on in their forum. Also, they might need beta testers for the UB update.

Hmm... didn't see any discussion about the Onlink release for Mac or the UB, though I did see the one about Miah's computer getting stolen. Too bad I have no money to donate to the fund... 😞

Don't worry. Miah brought a new computer.

Stiiiill waiting...

I don't understand. I REALLY want this to go through. Why can't it? Whats the hold-up?

Things take time. Who knows? Maybe real life has interfered. Maybe someone accidentally deleted all of their data. Maybe there are legal issues. There's probably more information at Introversion's forums than there is here.

Meh, don't tell him to leave. We don't get much activity here as it is without people telling newbies to go elsewhere.

Official word is that the Ambrosia registration stuff is being integrated in and Leopard compatibility is being checked.

@mrxak, on Nov 5 2007, 01:36 PM, said in Make a darn mac update:

We don't get much activity here as it is without people telling newbies to go elsewhere.

Speaking of activity, did I tell you about my new way to experience Uplink?