Uplink on Intel Macs

Windows -> UB was what I meant.

A re-release of Uplink with Intel Nativeness would be awesome. Especially now that I've found out you can pipe out your display to an HDTV.

That'd be awesome...

This post has been edited by nfreader : 05 March 2007 - 05:35 PM

Um, I hate to pry... and in this topic I've shown myself to be a bit of a fool and having a bad memory... but... any news on this? 🙂

If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Huh... Strange...

Just got my Ambrosia DVD today (after the first one that came was broken... in HALF...), and loaded up Uplink on my MacBook to see just how badly it runs. I tried it with pop-pop, and that's not too bad, but is pretty jerky. I figured Uplink might be a little worse, but...

It runs fine. No noticeable slowdown, no jerkyness... it's only the unregistered version, but it seems to run okay. Don't really know what to say... a UB is maybe not necessary...?

I heard there were crazy problems with it. Maybe a new version of Rosetta got snuck in with a recent Software Update?

Dunno... though I did notice there is slowdown when other apps are open. If no other apps are open, it works fine. That could probably cause some problems for some folks, though...

Interesting point about Uplink and the other apps.

@shenlon, on Apr 26 2007, 06:16 PM, said in Uplink on Intel Macs:

Huh... Strange...

Just got my Ambrosia DVD today (after the first one that came was broken... in HALF...), and loaded up Uplink on my MacBook to see just how badly it runs. I tried it with pop-pop, and that's not too bad, but is pretty jerky. I figured Uplink might be a little worse, but...

It runs fine. No noticeable slowdown, no jerkyness... it's only the unregistered version, but it seems to run okay. Don't really know what to say... a UB is maybe not necessary...?

Runs fine on my macbook pro

Even if it does run fine under Rosetta, it looks like Contraband have abandoned it, so if it's going to be brought up to date with the latest patches it'll have to be done by someone else and then it might as well be made UB anyway.

Just an update for you all, we (myself and the Onlink team) have a UB version, and all we need is the RegistrationTool from Ambrosia.

Wish us luck 🙂

@prophile, on Jul 20 2007, 12:17 AM, said in Uplink on Intel Macs:

Just an update for you all, we (myself and the Onlink team) have a UB version, and all we need is the RegistrationTool from Ambrosia.

Wish us luck 🙂

Dude. You just made my day. I think I'll have to hug you.

@prophile, on Jul 20 2007, 12:17 AM, said in Uplink on Intel Macs:

Wish us luck 🙂

I... am excited. : D
Oh yeah, good luck!

Thanks

'course you know what our luck has been with getting that.