No River in my river of fears!

The water went poof!

Well in my level set I finally got to the level "River of Fears" so I clear out all the tiles and sprite and get ready to lay my own. So I make a few chunks of stuff for Feraze; to walk on but when i plunge into the water he just falls through (over it because he goes "over" the Px backround tiles) the Px water tiles into the bottom of the level abyss. Now In the original Ferazel there are no Bg tiles infront of the Px Bg water tiles, but some how they aren't working for me. Also my level data is exactly the same as the original (You know that thing you can open up where it has the levels name and such.). How can I fix this, and what causes this to happen?

@two-jacks, on Mar 18 2007, 02:58 PM, said in No River in my river of fears!:

Well in my level set I finally got to the level "River of Fears" so I clear out all the tiles and sprite and get ready to lay my own. So I make a few chunks of stuff for Feraze; to walk on but when i plunge into the water he just falls through (over it because he goes "over" the Px backround tiles) the Px water tiles into the bottom of the level abyss. Now In the original Ferazel there are no Bg tiles infront of the Px Bg water tiles, but some how they aren't working for me. Also my level data is exactly the same as the original (You know that thing you can open up where it has the levels name and such.). How can I fix this, and what causes this to happen?

If you look in the original River Of Fears, you may notice under "Define BG Tiles..." that there are some blank BG tiles set to value 200; Meaning, while they're invisible, they behave as water.

In the original, the entire river is created using these invisible water BG tiles, giving the illusion that it doesn't use BG tiles at all.

From your description of the problem, my best guess is either you have to add those BG tiles, or just have to set them to the correct value.

Hope this helps.

Thanks this helps alot, I can finally get back to finishing this level.

This post has been edited by Two Jacks : 19 March 2007 - 07:57 PM