<Insert Game title here>

My new game im working on.

Hi everyone Ive started working on my new game useing the mascot editor for ferazels wand. The plots being worked on and im haveing a few problems wich I will list after this. My game will have the same amount of lvls as the original ferazels wand and the map nodes will be in the same spots ( I liked the way ambrosia ste it up :p) i will make some hanges to boss lvls and such if i can think of anyway to improve them. ok heres the list.

Fish-They do not breathe under water like toadies I've placed them under water and when Ferazel omes close to and the activate they die. (im pretty sure they die because they cant breathe)

Water-Im wondering how you make the water move in certain directions, and if u can change directiong can u make the direction up and down? (down mostly)

SIGHNS-I have no idea how this sighn STR# system works, and they do not take convorsation IDs so any one who can help with this. please help.

Convorsations-Im not good with convos really i cant get my merchant to work, and a few others. Ive gottin up to the buying item part but then after he says thanks have a nice day Ferazel doesnt receive the item and no money has been paid. The other is perm flags and how they work, and how convos work in general i didnt find mascor for dumies or the read me to helpful. 😉

Light Maps-Is there a tile system for light maps? Because i would really like to make some for my lvls because i deleted the maps for the first twoand if i can change the maps for the rest of lvls it would be awsome.

Game Titles-So far I need a title for the game, a name for a huge water fall, and some titels for villages.

Ok well all help is greatly apreicated. 🙂

Two Jacks, on Oct 3 2005, 09:58 AM, said:

Fish-They do not breathe under water like toadies I've placed them under water and when Ferazel omes close to and the activate they die. (im pretty sure they die because they cant breathe)

I have no idea what your problem is; fish always work(ed) for me. Are you sure the water is water? If it is not set as water, or set as acid or something nasty like that, that may cause problems.

Water-Im wondering how you make the water move in certain directions, and if u can change directiong can u make the direction up and down? (down mostly)

The level info(7) specifies the current in all the water in the level; use values between about 300 and 1000 (or negative values to make the water move in the opposite direction), I think. As far as I know, it is impossible to make water move up or down (the closest you could get to this would be to put wind tiles over the water, but I recall from trying this in XR that doing this doesn't work well).

SIGHNS-I have no idea how this sighn STR# system works, and they do not take convorsation IDs so any one who can help with this. please help.

The easiest way to edit the STR# resource is to open up another level with working signs in it already (like the original levels), then double-click on the box labeled "STR#", then select the one with ID 500 and copy it (command-c). Close up the original level file (or whichever one you used) and open up your level file, then just paste the resource straight in there (command-v). Finally, double-click on the "STR#" box then on the item with ID 500, and edit the contents of the resource to make your own sign messages.

To make a sign display a message, enter the number next to the message in the STR# ID 500 resource (the numbers start at 1) in info(0) of the sign.

Convorsations-Im not good with convos really i cant get my merchant to work, and a few others. Ive gottin up to the buying item part but then after he says thanks have a nice day Ferazel doesnt receive the item and no money has been paid. The other is perm flags and how they work, and how convos work in general i didnt find mascor for dumies or the read me to helpful. 😉

It sounds like you have specified the wrong line to "goto" after Ferazel buys the item, but you have not really been very specific here. M4D has a great reference for conversations, and if you don't understand it then I would be hard-pressed to write it in a way you can understand...

Light Maps-Is there a tile system for light maps? Because i would really like to make some for my lvls because i deleted the maps for the first twoand if i can change the maps for the rest of lvls it would be awsome.

You don't edit light maps using a tile system; you have to make an image in something like Photoshop which has the same dimensions in pixels as your level has in tiles, then fill it in with the black and white that will represent the darkness and lightness. Read the "Paste PICT As..." entry in M4D for more information.

Adressing the problem with:
Fish-Yes I have set the BGtiles to their right number and the water is water and acid is acid and so on.

Water-Yah thanks its working well now.

Sighns-Well that info is good and all but what box labled STR#? I dont see any boxes you can click on.

Convos-Just some examples on how to set one up would be helpful.

Light maps-This may take a while to figure out...

Titles-Do you have any good names I could use?

Pre lvl pictures-How do I change or get rid of pictues that fade in and out before certain lvls? (example first lvl picture where Ferazel is holding a dieing Gertious in his arms.)

ResEdit-Where can I find this, and how do I use it?

Those things on lvls that apear infront of everything twoards the bottom of the screan- What are they and how do I put them in, and take them away?

Perm Flags-How would I use perm flags? How do I set them up? Everything I should know about them.

Convo Barrier gate opening-How to make convos open barriers.

~~Thanx MDWGMalc any other help for these probalems would be great.~~

This post has been edited by Two Jacks : 20 October 2005 - 04:20 PM

Big News Everyone! (who cares 😛 ) I have completed the first, second, and third level!! (still with the problems I've listed above) If you didnt allready know that the oringanle lvl size for lvl 3 is alot bigger then the first two. So now after many a tile laying I have finished the first three levels, now moveing onto the forth one! I hope everyone will enjoy my level set for I am putting alot of efort into it, and HOPEFULY there will be a world data converter for Refazel. Well more news once I finish the underground caverns! If anyone would like to see screen shots of my work so far, please let me know and I'll post them on this thread. 🙂