The Next Extemporaneous

What should change?

I'm re-accessing Extemporaneous. I'd made a never before released boss level earlier, and I've been working on touching up some of my old levels, and plan to make a few newones. I realized how bad some of my conversations were before, so I'll need to seriously tweak most of those. Anyway, I don't think I'll be able to "beautify" and debug all my old levels, so...

Which levels do you think need the most work, which bugs were the most blatant/annoying?
Should there be more boss levels?
Which levels were your favorite- what kinds of levels would you want more of?

I'm thinking about doing something with the moving fire, but I don't know what yet. Also, how many new levels would you consider an appropriate number for a new release? Thanks for all the help.

Emperor Ent, on Sep 7 2004, 05:15 PM, said:

I'm re-accessing Extemporaneous. I'd made a never before released boss level earlier, and I've been working on touching up some of my old levels, and plan to make a few newones. I realized how bad some of my conversations were before, so I'll need to seriously tweak most of those. Anyway, I don't think I'll be able to "beautify" and debug all my old levels, so...

Which levels do you think need the most work, which bugs were the most blatant/annoying?
Should there be more boss levels?
Which levels were your favorite- what kinds of levels would you want more of?

I'm thinking about doing something with the moving fire, but I don't know what yet. Also, how many new levels would you consider an appropriate number for a new release? Thanks for all the help.
View Post

Gah... it's been so long since I've played Extemporaneous, Ent. I don't really remember which levels were better than the others. For some reason "12" resonates as an appropriate number of levels. Or maybe six.

Moving fire levels are fun - just don't make them too difficult.

waits impatiently for Ben to make OSX compatible thingie

MonsterLady, on Sep 7 2004, 10:14 PM, said:

waits impatiently for Ben to make OSX compatible thingie
View Post

Aren't we all. I'd like to have these revisions done shortly after Ferazel moves to the Big Happy OS X Family. (BHOXF) pronounced as it's spelt.

In regards to the fire chasing levels- how are is too hard? How hard did everyone find "If you Can't Stand the Heat"?

Emperor Ent, on Sep 7 2004, 05:27 PM, said:

Aren't we all. I'd like to have these revisions done shortly after Ferazel moves to the Big Happy OS X Family. (BHOXF) pronounced as it's spelt.

In regards to the fire chasing levels- how are is too hard? How hard did everyone find "If you Can't Stand the Heat"?
View Post

Personally, I found it slightly too difficult, until the part where you had to drop the rock on the button to get the door to open towards the end. That was INSANE, and I had to cheat around it.

About difficulty in general, I'd say about 50 to 75% of the difficulty of Dr. Tall Land would be good. I never did get past the first Xichra's Mountain level.
And from what I remember about Ex., it was just hard enough in most places.
Your dialoge was better than mine...