White Torches?

I have recently come across a little tidbit of information about MASCOT that may be useful to you somehow in some way or another. In a torch, put 1 (haven't tested with higher numbers) in info (2). This will make the torch's glow not yellow, but white. Haven't tested with other light types.

Feel free to use this topic to discuss any other interesting little tidbits you may discover as well.

------------------
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like grandpa; Not yelling and screaming like the passangers in his car.

After tinkering around to see if the other info fields did anything, putting 1 in info(3) makes the torch start spent so shooting it with a fireball (or anything else) does nothing.

------------------
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like grandpa; Not yelling and screaming like the passangers in his car.

I also found out (a long time ago) that putting a '1' in the torch's info(0) makes it only drop blue crystals. (Health) But I found this out a loong time ago and I didn't do too much experimenting then so I'm not sure if it was just coincidense. (SP?)

<edit> Yuk. My grammer sucks. </edit>

------------------
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/mdwgmalc/")Malcolm's World(/url): an upcoming World for Ferazel's Wand.

(This message has been edited by MDWGMalc (edited 05-23-2002).)

After a quick test, 1 in (0) does not provide only health crystals, as it gave me a magic crystal.

------------------

I said I didn't test very much. I remember just sticking a few torches in a line and running along shooting them... ๐Ÿ™‚

I wonder what the chances of that happening are... ๐Ÿ˜‰

------------------
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/mdwgmalc/")Malcolm's World(/url): an upcoming World for Ferazel's Wand.

I've found out cool stuff about stalactites but you'll have to download my MASCOT editor guide to find out :D. Look at the MASCOT Guide Progress Log topic.

------------------
Visit The Search for Lezaref Website at (url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/mulletsailors") my old website(/url) or see (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/pcheese")my new website(/url)
------------------
BNET: PCheese IRC: PCheese AIM: PCheese87 email: pcheese@mac.com
come on over to irc.ambrosia.net

Don't you guys know anything about torches?:roll eyes: (Maybe PCheese does, but the rest of you, I dunno.) I have to admit I don't know much about torches either... :redface: For me, some levels have white torches, some don't. Bite your nails for my new upcoming world, The End of The World! If I could just figure out why submitting takes so long...):

Nah nah nah nah nah! ๐Ÿ˜›
-Ferazel999999 or Ferazel_999 (;

------------------

Don't you guys know anything about torches? :rolleyes: (Maybe PCheese does, but the rest of you, I dunno.) I have to admit I don't know much about torches either... :redface: For me, some levels have white torches, some don't. Bite your nails for my new upcoming world, The End of The World! If I could just figure out why submitting takes so long... :frown:

-Ferazel999999 or Ferazel_999 ; )

------------------

Originally posted by Ferazel_999:
**Don't you guys know anything about torches?:rolleyes: (Maybe PCheese does, but the rest of you, I dunno.) I have to admit I don't know much about torches either... :redface: For me, some levels have white torches, some don't. Bite your nails for my new upcoming world, The End of The World! If I could just figure out why submitting takes so long... :frown:

-Ferazel999999 or Ferazel_999 ; )

Is it just me, or does this post seem pointless?

Please hit the post button ONCE.

------------------
Signature currently in development.

Originally posted by MDWGMalc:
**I said I didn't test very much. I remember just sticking a few torches in a line and running along shooting them...:)

I wonder what the chances of that happening are... ๐Ÿ˜‰

What torches drop is not determined randomly. If Your health is lower than your magic, torches will drop blue crystals until your health is equel to or above your magic and vice versa.

------------------

Iv'e figured out the white torch problem! It has nothing to do with spirite info but level info. If your level(s) has/have white torch(es), go to "Edit level info"
On the info table, go to "Info"
Info area of level info:
(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
-----------------------------------------
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
(9) (10)(11)(12)(13)(14)(15)(16)

If info (1) has a number 3 and up in it's box, change it to 0.
Then there shouldn't be any more white torches.

-Ferazel999999 or Ferazel_999

------------------

< snip>

First off, the white torches were never a 'problem', someone just might not want colored light.

Second, in MASCOT info fields start using (0). Use of any other number form confuses us all greatly. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Third, info (0) (or (1) as you called it) controls how dark the lightmap is.

Fourth, stop digging up topics like this!

------------------

Originally posted by Thok:
**Is it just me, or does this post seem pointless?

Please hit the post button ONCE.

He added smilies in this one ๐Ÿ™‚

------------------
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are not even capable of forming such opinions.

If that was all , he should have used the edit button. And why is his karma still -1? Shouldn't it be a lot lower by now? (edit) Looked on his info, it is -2. Sorry. (/edit)

P.S. Ferazel_999, instead of typing your little "Nah nah" thing, why don't you use a signature. See how my stuff is BELOW the line? That is a SIGNATURE.

------------------
Key Part in the making of Xichra's Revenge.
---
"Yo ho ho and a bottle of Snapple! Cap't and his Pirate Crew!
Microsoft is better than Apple! I have more software than you!"
<repeat>

(This message has been edited by ferazel_09 (edited 11-27-2002).)

Originally posted by ferazel_09:
**If that was all , he should have used the edit button. And why is his karma still -1? Shouldn't it be a lot lower by now? (edit) Looked on his info, it is -2. Sorry. (/edit)

How am I a criminal? :frown: I don't know much about cookies, and I don't want disrespect. :frown: If you want me fugitive, go ahead. My life stinks. :frown:

-Ferazel999999 or Ferazel_999 :frown:

------------------

Cookies? What are you talking about? And if you don't keep digging up รผberold topics, you won't lose karma.

------------------
Key Part in the making of Xichra's Revenge.
---
"Yo ho ho and a bottle of Snapple! Cap't and his Pirate Crew!
Microsoft is better than Apple! I have more software than you!"
<repeat>

**How am I a criminal?:frown: I don't know much about cookies, and I don't want disrespect. :frown: If you want me fugitive, go ahead. My life stinks. :frown:

-Ferazel999999 or Ferazel_999 :frown:

I explained to you exactly why I lowered your karma when I did it. You shouldn't be so confused. You were warned..you ignored it. You were karma slapped and told why but you continued with the same behavior and someone else karma slapped you. Learn from it and move on!

Zelda

------------------
Don't cry, everyone accidently kicks the cat once in a while.
-------
STILL a proud member of WIRP

Originally posted by ferazel_09:
**And if you don't keep digging up รผberold topics, you won't lose karma.

You could at least tell me which topics I have been digging up. :rolleyes: I only read topics that draw my interest, and I would not know if I had been digging them up.
And to Zelda's most recent responce to me, I had not ignored your warning, I just did not know what to do about it. PS: Be a little more kind with your responding posts to me. I may as well leave this web/hacking boards if I get no benediction (respect) around here. No respect from my siblings is bad enough. Have a nice day.

-Ferazel999999 or Ferazel_999

------------------

**You could at least tell me which topics I have been digging up.:rolleyes: I only read topics that draw my interest, and I would not know if I had been digging them up.
And to Zelda's most recent responce to me, I had not ignored your warning, I just did not know what to do about it. PS: Be a little more kind with your responding posts to me. I may as well leave this web/hacking boards if I get no benediction (respect) around here. No respect from my siblings is bad enough. Have a nice day.

It mentions when a post was just above the post. Try not to dig up anything more than a month ago.

And also, with all the digging of old topics you've done, we might actually be happier if you leave.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Thok (edited 11-29-2002).)

Originally posted by Thok:
**It mentions when a post was just above the post. Try not to dig up anything more than a month ago.

And also, with all the digging of old topics you've done, we might actually be happier if you leave.

Give him a break Thok, youve dug up some pretty old junk yourself that we would be happier without, and bear in mind, I would be happy if you stopped throwing insults at Ferazel.

------------------
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are not even capable of forming such opinions.