No women?

If we see a Mac version of the Dev CD, I might just make that patch 🙂

------------------
I am both worried and
saddened by nationwide
news of increasing rates of
anxiety and depression.

In the meantime you could come up with an all female patch that would compensate in some way. 🙂

------------------
(url="http://"http://uplink.stewsburntmonkey.com")The Uplink Directory(/url)

I can't see how... I would imagine that would seem kind of patronizing.

(Keyword: Balance)

------------------
I am both worried and
saddened by nationwide
news of increasing rates of
anxiety and depression.

(This message has been edited by Adriac (edited 05-27-2003).)

Well, I =have= seen a file of add-on names. It was nearly entirely male but it didn't look hard to add to. I've thought about it.

I'm not sure how badly pronoun usage in the game would be, or if the pictures would come up as "no image available" or would pair the names with a guy in a crew-cut.

------------------
r

I just stumbled onto this topic and now my whole mood has changed. I was having so much fun but, I don't even know if I won't to play anymore. I know (hope) that Ambrosia didn't have anything to do with the exclusion of women but, it's a real disappointment for me. Not, in a kneejerk "finding fault" sense. It's just that feeling you got as a kid when, you got "left out" on the playground.

I don't know anything about programming but... ?!?!

------------------

Originally posted by suydam:
**I just stumbled onto this topic and now my whole mood has changed. I was having so much fun but, I don't even know if I won't to play anymore. I know (hope) that Ambrosia didn't have anything to do with the exclusion of women but, it's a real disappointment for me. Not, in a kneejerk "finding fault" sense. It's just that feeling you got as a kid when, you got "left out" on the playground.

I don't know anything about programming but... ?!?!

_
"The Trinity that cracked the IRS D-base?"
"That was a long time ago."
"It's just ..."
"What?"
"Um, I thought you were a guy."
"Most guys do."
_

Gender is a component of identification, and, as such, serves law enforcement. If you are the rare woman in a predominantly male field, it just makes it easier for the law to identify and find you.

Nick

------------------
"As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress."
-- J. Robert Oppenheimer, American physicist (1904-1967)

Originally posted by suydam:
**It's just that feeling you got as a kid when, you got "left out" on the playground.

No-one left me out on the playground when we played chasey. I was incredibly slow so they let me play, tagged me and then all had a nice jog. Its a mental thing that I will be explaining to a psychologist one day... The most evil person was Jessica. If she existed on the colledge people thing I would change her grades to complete crap and go to the social studies place and declare her legally dead 😄

Sorry for the non Uplink related topic but I exist on the EVN board not here! Bye bye!!!
<sprints off even though if anyone chases him he has no chance of survival>

Steelix (Who may soon lose his karma, oh dear)

------------------
.sit happens!