A mayday call

A veteran Avaran needs your help...

I suppose there could be better reasons to precipitate my return to this old, nearly forgotten scene, but it is what is and here I am.

I don't know if there is anyone out there who can help out an Avaran from almost ten years in the past, but this website appears to be one of my last refuges (another sad testament to the state of the Avaran community).

Well, to the point, the reason for this post is quite simple: I have lost all of my copies of my old Avara Fiction Legends. It seems that, through moves, multiple computer hardware, and simple, silly forgetfulness, I no longer have even a hard copy to read.

I don't know what the odds are of someone even remembering what I am talking about, let alone still possessing a copy of the angst ridden story, but if there should exist such a set of circumstances, I ask that you please send me a copy. It means much to me, if only for sentimental value.

I would greatly appreciate any version of the story Legends that you could send, if you should still happen to possess a copy. Please do not let time lapse deter you from contacting me. I know it may take a bit for someone to stumble across this message, but I have no other choice.

Also, if anyone remembers me, I would love to hear from some of you old Avara players. It’s been a long time since I allowed the world of Avara to enter my thoughts. I no longer even have a computer that can play the old game! Technology seems to have surpassed the point to which I can retrieve the uncomplicated escape offered by the massively misunderstood, yet emotionally charged game of the few.

Thanks for reading. If you can help, please send your copy of Legends to julietpapamike@gmail.com; or if it would be easier to post it to this forum, that's great too.

I really do appreciate the help.

See you in the Avara…

This post has been edited by Rezolution : 19 November 2009 - 05:12 PM

Well Rez this was all I could find by searching the forums:

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index.php...57&hl=story

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index.php...86&hl=story

All the links in those topics are dead is the problem. You could contact ASW and see if they have any of those old stories from the old website on file. Other than that google I would try one of the old Avara die hard forum members that are still around, though I don't know who they may be.

Best of luck,
Jacks

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, I have attempted google and wound up with the same results as yourself. It is very possible that no one still has a copy; however I figure this is surely my best bet. Though, I may poke around the member list see if there is anyone I recall from the old days.

In any case, the search still continues...

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can help. I really do appreciate it.

Rez

This post has been edited by Rezolution : 19 November 2009 - 05:11 PM

The search is over! Thank you to Hazel and §carlet §torm for taking the time to do some digging and for sending me a reply!

I would still love to hear from any of you old Avara players out there, though. If you are ever in the mood to reminisce, please send me a reply.

This post has been edited by Rezolution : 24 November 2009 - 01:17 PM

Man, no thanks for the guy that gave you the suggestions? 😛 I see how it is.

Heh, glad you got what you were looking for.