This game is fun

until you play online

<I just got my butt handed to me by a bunch of unregistered infidels :mad: Now I go to practice, practice, practice 🙂 Then, I shall return and be known as the grayshirtbuttkicker! Bwa-hahahaha!!>

P.S. I'll probably still get pwn'd. I think I'll stick to EV:N

The Guild has some articles that might help.

You didn't happen to play Sphinx, did you? I can't beat him, and I've been playing for a bit.

If your desperate for someone to beat, you try playing me. I'm pretty bad.

Because neither Ace nor myself can host, and because Ace has a wierd firewall that prevents him from doing anything but dueling, I can't say anything either way.

I have this weird firewall in my router that keeps me from hosting off of a LAN 😞 my screen name is grayshirtninja. I'll look for you.

I have this weird firewall in my router that keeps me from hosting off of a LAN

Basically everyone has that problem nowadays, except for a (?)lucky(?) few who have dial-up, and some people who have managed to figure out ways around them. OS X may have starved Avara, but firewalls and routers strangled it.

Ace Rimmer, on Feb 14 2006, 03:41 PM, said:

Basically everyone has that problem nowadays, except for a (?)lucky(?) few who have dial-up, and some people who have managed to figure out ways around them. OS X may have starved Avara, but firewalls and routers strangled it.
View Post

Really? Awwwww that's so sad

I have a firewall that lives in my router. If I try to disconnect from the router without shutting down the computer and wiping the router prefs, I can't connect at all. That router is EVIL, I tell you; it took over my computer so I can't host games unless I want to reset the prefs all the time.

It is evil, it must be destroyed! You must cast it back into the fires of Mt. Doom where it was forged!

I would think Gimli would have been able to whack that thing cleanly in two...

Anaxagoras: There is a setting somewhere that you can tweak. You have to be pingable and forward Avara's preferred port to your IP, and make sure you keep that IP.

The Apple Cřre, on Feb 14 2006, 02:27 PM, said:

The Guild has some articles that might help.

You didn't happen to play Sphinx, did you? I can't beat him, and I've been playing for a bit.
View Post

gg.

The Apple Cřre, on Feb 15 2006, 08:50 PM, said:

I would think Gimli would have been able to whack that thing cleanly in two...
View Post

Arrr, lemmee at 'em!

Anyway, I could go for a game of Avara or two, right about now. Too bad there isn't a tracker, anymore.

There is the tracker that came with the Avara app.

The Apple Cřre, on Feb 16 2006, 01:18 AM, said:

There is the tracker that came with the Avara app.
View Post

Ambrosia's original tracker server seems to be unrelaible these days.

The IP I found in a thread further down worked nicely, though. I got my ass thrashed a few times by Sphinx. Substitue 'Malkavian' for the nickname, and it felt just like 1999....

Crap I'm old.

^agree'd

Getting smashed constantly by Sphinx isn't the bad part. The bad part is him loading a grenade and shaking his head back and forth whenever he kills you.

Oh yeah. I hate that.

A visit from the old school. I don't mean Sphinx, hell, I was kicking his ass
back when he was a newb not named "Sphinx". I don't mean Uno or KeeL,
I don't even mean Malkavian, who I suppose I could try to get online here
again.

I mean me.

You want some?

The bad part is him loading a grenade and shaking his head back and forth whenever he kills you.

I've seen worse. For example, repeated crouching after he makes a very easy kill. Makes me wonder if he plays net Halo.

You want some?

Sure. I get beaten by everyone anyway. Can you host?

Im hosting right now if anyones down

tracker aint working tho

and fran, you and archer and all your other gAAy members may have laid the beatdowns back then, but I got a good 4+ extra years of skill in these fingers now vs you

uno & pest still play too

and no I dont play halo, the dancing I was inspired from when unreal tournament came out. Although Uno tries to claim he invented it, as he does all good avara ideas :rolleyes:

This post has been edited by Chanksta : 17 February 2006 - 05:09 PM