Avara Server List

Tracker Replacement-temporary, I hope

Due to the recent fall of the Avara tracker-if only temporarily-it has come to my attention that there is currently no way whatsoever to actually play this game, beyond an established server address left over from your previous server connections. Therefore, I have chosen to create this fan-made archive as a measure to ensure that play-in the meantime-may be maintained. I would also advise Avara fans to register Avara, to ensure that this tracker fall remains temporary, as it could be, and update your posts in the event that the server is active. Thank you.

-Bob

Servers:
1)
Address: 24.32.6.9
Server Name: Home Terminal
Server Description: Battle to the death.
Max Players: 6
Password: No
Currently Activated: No
2)
Insert details in following post.

This post has been edited by Consul Bob : 17 July 2005 - 09:45 PM

Also, in the 'Connect to Server...' window, be sure to add IPs listed here to the Hotlist menu.

It's a good idea, but we need more servers.

...Sphinx? Where are you?

If you want more servers, find your IP address (whatsmyip.com should be of at least minimal help) and create your own through a post. 🙂

-Bob

In the mean time, it might help to pin the topic. We do have to prepare for the evil possibility that this may be permanent.

But the big FTP site fell with the tracker. There is no way that server is going to stay down for long.

It would help to pin it, undoubtably-unfortunately, the moderators have been out of service for years now, so we can't. Topic bumps will have to do.
-Bob

Cough Cough New Moderators Cough Cough

Not it.

Bob, your server isn't currently active--please update your post accordingly.

It was when I left-must have gotten disconnected or something.

-Bob

Oh, the tracker dies for awhile every now and then. The tracker is run on an old mac hidden inside a closet down the Ambrosia HQ basement.

But yeah this place needs new admins, i'm still waiting for my level uploads to be approved!

The whole forum seems to be running slower than normal. I don't know about everyone else, but it seems that things are loading slower. I wonder if it has anything to do with the disconnected tracker...

Well, I'm on 56k, so this place loads slowly-to-an-obscene-degree for me all of the time. And has anyone else noticed the complete lack of any administrative presence in the Avara board, or is it just me?

It isn't just you-actually, I'm surprised it's taken people this long to notice.

-Bob

I've noticed. I just haven't said anything.

Maybe it was just the domain name thing. There's no way Ambrosia would drop the FTP site. Everything is on that. EV/O/N, Apeiron/X, Darwinia, everything. Except WinNova.

Ymihere: If you're using IE 5, it just gets slower and slower and slower. I hate IE.

Katana/Bob: I don't think anybody runs a 24-hour server. We need a time zone and time frame for server activity.

No, I'm using Safari in 10.3. I was just speculating. I guess Ambrosia just needs faster servers.

You people need to stop stating the obvious...it does need to be said though, that we need new moderators. This is something me and Bob have been discussing for a long time, and we are trying to decide the best way to handle it. Perhaps we could contact Andrew.

/me points to his poll.

EDIT: Grammar better suited for IRC

This post has been edited by The Apple Cřre : 18 July 2005 - 10:05 PM

Q-Lok, on Jul 18 2005, 06:13 AM, said:

Well, I'm on 56k, so this place loads slowly-to-an-obscene-degree for me all of the time. And has anyone else noticed the complete lack of any administrative presence in the Avara board, or is it just me?

Does something need moderating?
I've been reading most of the posts by you "newcomers" and having a good laugh at you.

Spew up the same ideas every once in a while, and then fade away.