New level designs?

From that, I take it that you tried it during my absence and I was right. Correct? See, I've had problems with stuff being on the incarnator before. It wasn't pretty.

Actually, I haven't yet. I don't yet have a good installation of everything on my Linux box.

Hmmmmmm. Well, I suggest you entirely redo the level. It isn't very playable as it is. It's cool, but you need to work on fun factor. As it is right now, it's kinda a methodical process (take the ball, teleport, kill more enemies, etc). You can always keep the old version.

Hmmmmmm. Well, I suggest you entirely redo the level. It isn't very playable as it is. It's cool, but you need to work on fun factor. As it is right now, it's kinda a methodical process (take the ball, teleport, kill more enemies, etc). You can always keep the old version.

Hmm. Flying HECTORS, rapid-fire plasma guns, no throttle... sounds like we could make a dogfight of it.

Can somebody model a modded Starbridge?

By the way, I can do CJM if anyone needs it. I figured it out on my own a few days ago. And also, I have a fun solo level. It's rather straightfoward, kinda Plastic Chicken-ish, and I think it's enjoyable. Anyways, if anyone could host it, I thought someone would find it interesting/amusing. I'll send it to anyone who wants it, provided they tell me their email.

CJM = w00t

CJM + Starfighter model = Major w00tage

Add in some Starfighter UFOs and you have the most w00tiful dogfight ever. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it.

email = robb6ie@earthlink.net

Will do. You will be informed when it is complete. W00T!

Let's reheat this fire. Man the servers and hoist the post guns...if not, we'll simply be like all of our predecessors. Play a while, lose heat, and leave. This shouldn't happen.

-Bob

Sorry I haven't played in a while, but I am cursed; whenever I check the Tracker, it either says "The most recent game was completed 15 minutes ago" or "Could not open the page “http://tracker.avara.com:20001/” because Safari couldn’t connect to the server “tracker.avara.com”." Argh.

So right now I'm working on porting Halo's Rat Race- that should make a good Avara level.

This post has been edited by Robert Marlin : 26 August 2005 - 09:12 AM

Hmm, that gave me an idea. But unfortunatly, I am not a level designer. It'd be fun though to have remakes of popular Halo maps in Avara. You guys are all probably busy working on your own levels, but It'd still be fun 🆒

Halo levels are actually fairly straightforward to port...I'd do it...but I'm too lazy. I think Beaver Creek or Lockdown would be good Avara levels. Anyways, I have around 20 levels almost done for my set, but I'm going to cut down to like 8 or 9, because these bugs are just getting out of hand. You should see 1 or 2 new sets sorta soon. Maybe a few weeks...give it time.

Q-Lok, could you host that level I sent you? I think it's rather amusing. It's not something I spent time on--don't take it too seriously. There are a few bugs I meant to fix...some walls are not as thick as they should be. The level name is "Revolution". Could you please host it and post the link? Do it on the guild, so Taz can't see it. He doesn't seem to have too much of a sense of humor, and could be offended.

This post has been edited by Katana !!! : 26 August 2005 - 11:25 AM

Actually, I'd be interested to port Cyclone, from UT. We can't have scrolling billboards, but still, it's a fun level. And you get shot in the belly with a missile while you're jumping around the level's ultralow gravity and go soaring. It would help to have a head that could do 360x360 degrees of motion, and the ability to steer while airborne, but it's still something that could be made into a fun level.

Katana !!!, on Aug 26 2005, 09:21 AM, said:

Q-Lok, could you host that level I sent you? I think it's rather amusing. It's not something I spent time on--don't take it too seriously. There are a few bugs I meant to fix...some walls are not as thick as they should be. The level name is "Revolution". Could you please host it and post the link? Do it on the guild, so Taz can't see it. He doesn't seem to have too much of a sense of humor, and could be offended.
View Post

Oh, yes. I remember that level. Hmm. Yes, I'll definitely host that elsewhere.

Maybe I should fix the bugs before you host it.