Target Practice Level

I know the password to my router, actually there isn't one. And as far as the manual goes it doesn't do a very good job in describing how to operate any of its functions in good detail. I've been listening you guys talk about port forwarding. There isn't nothing called such a name on my router, and so it is very hard to translate your info to make it work.

There isn't nothing? Double negative.

What's the brand name on that thing? If it's Linksys we can help. Storm fought against and beat a Netgear router.

Maybe one of us needs to come over there and work on it. Maybe with a hammer and some peanut butter, but we'll save that part for when all else fails.

Most people use a LinkSys. If it's a NetGear, we have a problem. Anything else, we have a problem.

Whatever you do, don't use nothing for an admin password. That's just asking for trouble.

I can't break into our router. If I could (and had my 6500), I'd post screenshots of what to change.

Mess around the tabs. Look everywhere.

Mmm, the peanut butter plan sounds good... Anyway, no, my router is not a LinkSys. They are Belkins. Two of them, if that makes the problem any easier...

This is what the screen looks like:

Special Applications Ports

Trigger Port
(text field for 5 #s)

Trigger Type
(TCP/UDP)

Public Port
(large text field)

Public Type
(TCP/UDP)

Enabled
(Check box)

All I need to know is what goes in which field to open the right port for Avara.

OK. From that, I'd have to say public port. I think Avara uses TCP, but I'm not sure, so pick both TCP and UDP. And (duh) enable it. As for port forwarding... hmm.

EDIT: What does the manual have to say about these fields?

This post has been edited by The Apple Cřre : 15 July 2005 - 06:21 PM

Uhh, I don't think I put that right. There should be a picture below. I have to fill in both fields and select TCP or UDP and then enable it. I don't know what to put in the fields to make it work. Sorry for being so vague last post...

Attached File Router_page.jpg (37.95K)
Number of downloads: 42

As for port forwarding, Avara uses port 19567.

So does anyone have any ideas on how I can fill in that page to open port 19567? Is that even the right page? I've also tried putting my comp in the DMZ but I don't know if that will solve the problem either... If someone would be willing to help, that'd be great.

EDIT: I don't know where the manual is...

This post has been edited by Ymihere : 18 July 2005 - 02:26 PM

All we need is your public IP address and my copy of Basilisk.

Ok then. According to whatismyip.com, my IP is 67.42.225.96.