Tracker Is Down

Tracker Is Down

😞

Well, I suppose it'll just give me more time to work on my level set <_<

Yeah. I noticed that a couple of days ago. What do you suppose is the usual downtime for the tracker?

I don't know. Last time this happened, it was down for a long time.

Phooey.

Isn't there still that back-up tracker? I have no idea what it's called anymore, though...

Uh...is that the ramesses one or something? No, that doesn't work anymore.

No ping response, nothing. I'd say it's been killed dead.

I doubt that.

OK. Let's synchronize a PM flood to this guy. Then it won't be dead.

That wouldn't work. And if Ambrosia did finally pulled the plug, do you think a pm flood would bring Avara back to life?

Probably not.

OK, we ask for the tracker server source and I build and host it.

The FTP server isn't up either. Something must be wrong.

Gah! That wouldn't be cool if the tracker never came back. Especially after all this work everyone has been putting into making levels for it and such. 🆒

Yeah. Honestly, it wouldn't make much sense if Ambrosia killed Avara now, when people were just getting back into it, right?

1337 h4x0r?

... and that's their big ftp site. Maybe it's not dead after all.

Maybe. It is possible. I don't think a script kiddy did it though. A serious leet. If anyone.

If Ambrosia "finally" pulled the plug on the Avara tracker, I wouldn't start panicing just yet.

Not to be a tease--I can't make any promises--but I know someone who might be writing another tracker. I'm sure he'd be glad to host it in tandem with the other services he purveys. A tracker would use up minimal server resources to run, which really makes it seem odd that Ambrosia would just.. stop bothering to provide one.

I'll post further information as I receive it.

Stop bothering to provide one, I can see. Bother stopping providing one... pointless, unless you suddenly need a few kiloflops.

Welcome to the boards, no gravedigging, and have fun.

I'd say they killed it because I wasn't doing anything 😛

Greetings. Nice first post. We aren't exactly known for warm welcomes, but welcome to the board!

As for the topic: It's unlikely they murdered it. I'm sure they didn't. If someone is developing a new tracker that's good news. I hope the developing of a new tracker isn't one of those "maybe" sorta things.

Indeed. If I could get ahold of the source code, I could probably plug it into my Geocities website as raw HTML. On the other hand, something tells me that I'll have just a slightly difficult time getting it.