eMail from Edgar_Hons

Ignorant Moderator writes:

<<Avara is basically dead Hons. The mega server is hardly the hub of the avara community, the center was avara.org and #avara and that was quite a long time ago, and #avara still has more people than your puny server ever has.

You were banned because you crashed people's computers using some trick you found in Avara (and OS 9 crashes hard, which is why it sucks), and people complained and so Andrew banned you from the server. And then you were a ****ing prick about it, making him enjoy banning you again. If you had any intelligence in you, which I know you do not, you would never have sent such an inflamatory email to andrew and brought this whole issue up again.>>

An IRC server is more in touch with Avara than Avara now? That makes a world of sense

And hey, I wasn't banned originally for crashing people. I was banned because I was accused of crashing people. But the crashers owned up to it, and tons of people backed me saying they knew I wasn't the type of guy who crashed people. I didn't crash anyone. Know the facts before you open your mouth.

I was kept banned because Andrew was too pig-headed to admit he was wrong. Rather than be a man and own up to his mistakes, his false sense of pride forced him to keep me banned until I apologized for my actions on this board. He needed to feel superior because his small penis makes him insecure.

I apologized, and granted, I was reinstated on the tracker.

Fast forward a few months and lo and behold I'm banned again. This time for crashing people again. (I'm such a fiend)

Crodo is claiming I crashed him. Was he crashed? Yes. Was it by me? No. Atomic, Sphinx, Voo, whatever you want to call him did it. He admitted he did it once again. Yet once again I'm the innocent victim. So I came here, complained again, and was banned from this board. I'd still be banned if my IP hadn't changed.

These fools have no sense of right or wrong, they just do whatever seems easiest to them because they are BAD AT THEIR JOBS.

I can see how they would believe the reports about me crashing people though. LordCrodo is good buddies with Andrew and Yo (original complainer) is in the same clan as Taz.

Kinda funny isn't it. I'll give you this Andrew, Taz: You're very loyal to your friends. I can see Ambrosia is in great hands, when friends come before clients.

Back to story: So I'm reported for crashing twice, and Dan proves I've never crashed anyone, ever.

Yet...do I receive an apology for being injustly banned? Heavens what am I thinking, these are Ambrosia workers, not civilized people.

So I e-mail Andrew months after the fact, when cooler heads perhaps have prevailed, and he bans me once more. All I want is justice boys, where's the justice huh?

------------------

Chamrin, Hons doesn't crash people... Sometimes people get crashed IN HIS SERVER, but it's definately not Hons' fault. You already banned the real "menace" here and he's obviously not going away.. Sphinx crashed like 2 people a year ago.. hmm... it really doesn't take a trained hacker to load Loranne or Harha. Hell, LOADING them could be a complete accident since they ARE levels in an Avara level set... its not Hons' fault that someone made crappy levels that crash Avara. It's not Hons' fault that someone else loads those levels while in his server and crashes other people.

REAL LIFE DEMONSTRATION
Killme walks into Chamrin's party.. "What's up dude??"
Later that night a burgular busts down Chamrin's door and shoots Killme in the chest 3 times.
Later that night, in the hospital..
"Why did u do it Chamrin? Why'd you shoot me?"
Chamrin ends up in jail..

Originally posted by Chamrin:
**Avara is basically dead Hons. The mega server is hardly the hub of the avara community, the center was avara.org and #avara and that was quite a long time ago, and #avara still has more people than your puny server ever has.

You were banned because you crashed people's computers using some trick you found in Avara (and OS 9 crashes hard, which is why it sucks), and people complained and so Andrew banned you from the server. And then you were a ****ing prick about it, making him enjoy banning you again. If you had any intelligence in you, which I know you do not, you would never have sent such an inflamatory email to andrew and brought this whole issue up again.

Oh hector_on_toilet, you may have different opinions about the best games, but EV was hardly ****ty, it predated Avara and was totally a different game. If you don't like the games that have been released, then make your own damn game.

Finally, while andrew in a dress was certainly funny, it took guts, unlike you bashing him for it, that takes a coward.

Chamrin**

------------------
i'm not a soccer star yet but i'll beat yew in avara
(url="http://"http://www.stonefire.net/")the hideout(/url)

Taz writes:

<< You don't even deserve to be allowed to play on the server (hence the reban), only your warped sense of justice would think you could take over the server maintenance. As was stated before, work on your people skills for a year or two and things might get better for you. Then again, they might not. Entirely up to you. >>

Warped sense of justice? I like that. Yea I'd be a real menace on the tracker.

When someone's falsely banned, I'd, you know, reinstate them quickly. How atrocious!

When someone makes a joke about me, I'd, perhaps, turn the other cheek. How fowl!

My people skills are just fine Taz, ask anyone who's ever been in my tracker. In fact, talk to me sometime in E-mail or IM me (My AIM screen name is TheEyebrow) and we'll have a nice conversation, perhaps you'll be able to see things my way for once.

But the fact is, I send an E-mail to Andrew and am banned for it.

I post messages here and they're edited or deleted.

I've posted messages here and been banned

Is this really the forum for a reasonable discussion when one side is able to erase anything they don't want to hear? Even you should be able to see it's not.

You know, perhaps sending that E-mail to Andrew, insulting his job, threatening to show his drag picture to everyone, perhaps that didn't showcase my people skills too well. I've apologized.

The fact is though, people skills can extend more than just not insulting people. People skills involve tolerance. When you guys are out in the real world, you're going to find not everyone is always nice to you. You'll run into ######s. Having people skills will help you simply ignore this person. Trying to fight them, trying to best them, will get you nowhere you want to be.

You say "things will get better for (me)" if I work on my people skills. Taz, being unbanned is not the key to my happiness. If I didn't enjoy fighting with you guys, why would I be here? This constant bickering here entertains me. Watching you guys fly to the Karma button gives me kicks. You deleted the post I made yesterday equating Andrew's rule to that of Hitler. I know SB and Dan saw it, they got a kick out of it. I don't mind that you deleted it, I don't mind that no one else will get to see it because I know one of you moderators did. And if I can offend just one moderator, I believe it's all worth it.

------------------

Originally posted by Edgar_Hons:
**Finally Taz has gotten down to the bottom of this. Ambrosia wants Avara dead and will do anything to kill it.

Andrew, when I see a guy in a dress I assume he's either got a sense of humor or he's homosexual. I only just noticed the stick in your ass is vibrating.**

As to the first comment, get real. If we wanted it dead, we'd simply shut the server down, and remove this forum.

As for the second comment, thanks for making it clear to everyone why you will not be unbanned.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Some people's minds are like cement: all mixed up and permanently set...

Originally posted by Hector_on_Toilet:
**IF Avaras such a burden on ambrosia, give me the software to run the tracker and you'll never hafta worry about it again. I dont ask for any money, or anything, just gimme the software and Ill host the tracker and moderate it and everything else that has to do with Avara. Id do alot better job than you guys can, not to mention im the longest playing Avara player still left on the community, and also one of the most if not thee most active player. Avaras the only good game ive ever played in my life, I got an 800 mhz mac, and running games like UT at full graphics still doesnt please me, its just a lame game like every other. Avaras the only game that I enjoy, and will play it to the end of time. The megaserver is the sever that will replace the tracker when you dickheads finally pull the plug, have some respect you ugly mofos.

SO once again I ask, gimme the software, release ur rights on Avara so that we can mess with it anyway we want, and go make some ****ty sequels to ****ty games like EV and Mars rising cause bringing the community **ty games is your specialty Andrew.

Ah, to be 13 again...

------------------

**Yet...do I receive an apology for being injustly banned? Heavens what am I thinking, these are Ambrosia workers, not civilized people.

So I e-mail Andrew months after the fact, when cooler heads perhaps have prevailed, and he bans me once more. All I want is justice boys, where's the justice huh?**

I'm seeing quite a bit of justice. You're an ill-mannered 13 year old, and you're being banned from the tracker. Your history of behavior is such that I'm amazed you think you are owed an apology; more likely you're owed a spanking.

------------------

I would just like to say Matt Burch Rules.
Thats all!

------------------
Arhhhhhhg Replied
Arthur.

Originally posted by Carinae:
**I would just like to say Matt Burch Rules.
Thats all!

Err...that was utterly random. However, random comments on Mr. Burch would be better suited to the EV boards.

------------------
(INSERT ZEEKY BOGGY DOOG HERE)
(url="http://"http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/demented.html")- The Demented Cartoon Movie(/url)

I post messages here and they're edited or deleted.

I've posted messages here and been banned

Is this really the forum for a reasonable discussion when one side is able to erase anything they don't want to hear? Even you should be able to see it's not.

I haven't been here in very long time, and I have no clear idea what the issue is about, but I am sure that opinions that moderators may not agree with are not deleted. Bad language and offensive material is. Repeated offenders of offensive and bad anguage get banned, not people who can raise a point in a civilised fashion and discuss it properly. And that's just not here. That goes for anywhere.

Judging by Edgar's posts here, I can see why he's been banned from the boards before. As for anything else, I have no idea what is going on and I won't not get caught up in it.

------------------
If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?

Read it, its quite interesting, thought both sides fail to prove anything, I am suprised that this is still going on...

------------------
Whos your daddy?

to fill you in

edgar hons was mistakenly banned and then not unbanned when it was made clear that it was a mistake

that is why he posted those things about andrew

------------------
i'm not a soccer star yet but i'll beat yew in avara
(url="http://"http://www.stonefire.net/")the hideout(/url)

It's even simpler than that. Edgar was banned, and there was no mistake. Edgar chose to make an ass of himself, and a few others chose to join him in the mistaken belief that they are infinitely correct in their slant on the story - they think they know the "truth".

iLock.

------------------
"You're just about as useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller..."
Weird Al's "It's All About The Pentiums"