Tracker.Avara.Com Sucks

Originally posted by Urughtaed:
**Stooping to sophomoric personal attack just shows a lack of perspective. Good start. I'm here for what looks like to be a impossible cause, which is having you realize/admit the fallacy of your reasons for not registering Avara. And it's because I appreciate the game.

Heh, contradicting yourself in your very first sentence.

**Marvelous assumption. Yes, I "obviously" haven't--my eyes have been opened. I don't understand why you completely ignore the point of the paragraph (being addressed) and instead respond to it without any hint of pertinence.

Actually, I was responding to the very last part of the paragraph. I like to completely quote people.

**So the 19 people other than Juri on "credits" screen did two things: "initial distribution" and the "tracker." Look here: Avara was originally a solo runaround game in need of beta testing and levels. Unfortunately, on this point you are guilty of your own accusation: knowing nothing about Avara yet pretending to.

Well, I do say you've done your homework on the history of Avara. But it is obvious that you know little about Avara itself. I have been around for years. I am personally friends with some of the oldest people who still play Avara. I could care less about what Ambrosia did for the game when it was still a possible money maker. But like I said, I don't hold the fact that they only want to make money against them, all businesses are like that.

**So one of the reasons you haven't registered is because Ambrosia isn't "continueing to contribute" ? Hmm, did you even read or think about what I wrote? 1) Somehow you manage to ignore/or are blind to the fact (that I established above) that Ambrosia has no obligation, NONE, to anything concerning Avara as long as it's bug free. 2) Thus, the $20 is for the game only and absolutely nothing else, meaning that if you play it you should register (which apparently you have) 3) Even if "continueing to contribute" was part of the $20, you don't reveal what "contributing" is supposed to be, if anything. Headaches? How can you, as unregistered ("expired"), even begin to complain? Being shareware, Avara is free to people who refuse to pay.

1. When have I ever asked for Ambrosia to do anything for Avara? For years they provided the tracker and I was content. But now they decide to interfer. How do you think Avara has survived all this time? On its own. All I want is for Ambrosia to leave it alone.
  2. I am not registering anything of Ambrosia's because of this recent event. I have not cared much for Ambrosia when it comes to Avara for a long time, but I let it go because of the other things they have produced. But now I see they care only for the money makers.
  3. Continueing to contribute would involve the things that like those the Avara community has gotten for themselves: Aline, Avara.org, ALD, etc.

**Edgar's case was a definite mistake, I granted that already. Again, Ambrosia wasn't made any more happy about fixing Edgar's condition when Edgar and Co. came with guns blazing against Ambrosia in general. Along with the fact that the tracker is pure privilege, getting loud and angry wasn't such a great idea (as it's proven by Ambrosia's initial reactions). And I doubt that they chose to ignore Edgar--rather, obvious situational explanations have been ignored which would explain Ambrosia's not addressing Edgar quickly. So, before Taz! or andrew even begin to address the problems, they're already being deluged with ugly and even unwarranted crap--which doesn't exactly make people respond in a friendly, enthusiastic, or apologetic manner.

Of course, Edgar should have been happy that he had been banned without notice and that noone would respond to his emails. :rolleyes:

**YES, banning Edgar was a mistake, and keeping him still banned is also--basically speaking. Heh Defender, it's amusing to see you cite the "he started it" argument. But it makes me sick to see you try to use this whole deal for a flimsy attack on Ambrosia which in turn is used as justification to screw the obvious and evident concept of paying-for-playing. Rank.

Umm, perhaps I missed something. Looking back, I don't see where I cited the "he started it" argument. I didn't use that at all. I commented that tensions between the Avara community and Ambrosia have been around long before all of this. I didn't name a party as to who was to blame for that.

------------------
Knowledge is power, but ignorance is bliss.

I'v been watching and lurking for a time on this subject, since of course I dont play Avara but..

Originally posted by Defender:
**Wow. To think that I was actually going to register a product for a second there.
later..
I have been around for years. I am personally friends with some of the oldest people who still play Avara.
but, posted by Urughtaed:
2) Thus, the $20 is for the game only and absolutely nothing else, meaning that if you play it you should register (which apparently you have)
inreply:
2) I am not registering anything of Ambrosia's because of this recent event. I have not cared much for Ambrosia when it comes to Avara for a long time, but I let it go because of the other things they have produced.

To me' it seems you are freely pirateing Avara, and it seems it has taken you years to get around to even thinking of registering it, If that first statment was about some another ASW game that you just played and you have registered for at least Avara, never mind then, I read it wrong.
Yet with your last point, So a game may be cool, and its fun to play, but you dont want to play it or pay its due because of personal feelings to the company that sells it? Its like old Bungie fans refusing to get any of there new games because of there correlation with MS now. There just games, you like it, you get it, you dont like, you dont play. I dont see the need for huge moral obligations.
But oh well, if you feel that way, may as well toss out your screen name 😛

------------------
Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'

<< There just games, you like it, you get it, you dont like, you dont play. I dont see the need for huge moral obligations.
But oh well, if you feel that way, may as well toss out your screen name >>

I like it but they won't let me have it. How do you feel about my problem?

------------------

Originally posted by EdgarHons:
**I like it but they won't let me have it. How do you feel about my problem?

Won't let you have it.... well yes and no I guess, I fell that you should be unbanned, at least for a trial period like Andrew said<that was before you insulted him>. This all started out so vary poorly, this situation has been way over killed from what could have been a simple unfair ban declaration that would have brought the same (albeit a little more civil) attention as did the spam. Although you may be sorry for the initial outburst, it still carries weight for me for overall character.

------------------
Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'

(This message has been edited by ArcAngel Counterstrike (edited 12-15-2001).)

(BOh wait you're an Ambrosia employee, I was thinkin you used some common sense there for a minute, haha silly me.

(/B)

You just sapped me of any desire to hear your case, or unban you. So much for that.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

**Wow. To think that I was actually going to register a product for a second there.

You sicken me, andrew. You know nothing about Avara yet you pretend to, and make actions based on your lack of knowledge. You have no idea who MM or Edgar are.
I thought Ambrosia was different for a long while. I thought they actually cared about something. At least I can see with my eyes fully open now.

I take it you haven't read the crap that "Missile Man" has been posting here?

We care about quite a bit -- we care about people like Missile Man crashing other people's computers because he feels like it while playing Avara. We care when people like Missile Man insult and berrate Ambrosia employees for doing their job.

There are lots of things we care about -- people throwing misdirected tantrums at us, and using abusive language unnecessarily towards us happens to be something we will not tolerate.

------------------
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Juri is the only reason I would ever register Avara. Ambrosia's only two significant contributions to Avara have been it's initial distribution and the tracker.

Actually, without us, you wouldn't be playing Avara on the Internet at all -- it I was personally who insisted that the game have Internet play. It was a bone of contention between Juri and I for a bit, but thankfully, he implemented it.

Defender, you have no idea what you're talking about, and you're lashing out needlessly. I suggest you find another outlet for your anger, it won't be tolerated here.

------------------

(BThank you. Ambrosia, take a hint from this guy. He may not be for my aggression here, but he understands it and knows I deserve to be unbanned. THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN ANDREW!

THATS THE IP, LET IT BE FREEE!(/B)

Sorry, no. I would have unbanned it had you not personally insulted me, and a number of other Ambrosia employees.

As it is, you can forget about being unbanned. You were banned in the first place because several people complained to us about you. Now I see why.

------------------

**Umm, perhaps I missed something. Looking back, I don't see where I cited the "he started it" argument. I didn't use that at all. I commented that tensions between the Avara community and Ambrosia have been around long before all of this. I didn't name a party as to who was to blame for that.

...certainly not you for pirating Avara, and then trying to justify years of not paying for it? What a joke...

------------------

Originally posted by ArcAngel Counterstrike:
**There just games...

Maybe you should tell that to andrew.

------------------

Originally posted by andrew:
**Actually, without us, you wouldn't be playing Avara on the Internet at all -- it I was personally who insisted that the game have Internet play. It was a bone of contention between Juri and I for a bit, but thankfully, he implemented it.

Defender, you have no idea what you're talking about, and you're lashing out needlessly. I suggest you find another outlet for your anger, it won't be tolerated here.

Again, you know only of the early beginnings of Avara. I'm sure you were concerned in the beginning.

------------------

Originally posted by andrew:
**...certainly not you for pirating Avara, and then trying to justify years of not paying for it? What a joke...

Ah, so it was me who started the old tensions between the Avara community and Ambrosia. Thanks for clearing that up.

------------------

<< Sorry, no. I would have unbanned it had you not personally insulted me, and a number of other Ambrosia employees.

As it is, you can forget about being unbanned. You were banned in the first place because several people complained to us about you. Now I see why.>>

No you wouldn't have. You're too damn proud and too damn stubborn to ever admit you made a mistake. Hell, I could care less if you give it back, admit you were wrong. Admit you did a ****ty job and still do. That's all I want, for you guys to be exposed as the shams that you are.

And oh no, you were insulted? Trust me bub, you weren't the first one of us two.

Do you know how insulted I feel right now? You (Assuming you're the one who banned me) received reports of me crashing my own server and didn't even bother to ask me if they were true. You insulted me by assuming I'd be a jerk enough to crash others, but most of all you insulted me by assuming I'm an idiot enough to crash my own server. Does that make any sense? Of course not you unthinking oaf, if I want someone gone, I can boot them. Did ya think? Huh? Huh? No, you didn't. You assumed I was an idiot.

Can ya explain that? I sincerely doubt there's really any other reason for it other than you don't know how to do your own job.

And as I've already asked, what were the other complaints about me? Stating the truth a little too much?

------------------

**No you wouldn't have. You're too damn proud and too damn stubborn to ever admit you made a mistake. Hell, I could care less if you give it back, admit you were wrong. Admit you did a **ty job and still do. That's all I want, for you guys to be exposed as the shams that you are.

I assure you that had you approached this issue with anything ressembling a mature, respectful attitude, you would have been unbanned immediately if it could be shown that you were not the one perpetrating these acts.

Given the insults and threats you've tossed about here, though, I find your innocence fairly hard to believe. Please read my full reply here:

(url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/webboard/Forum4/HTML/000150.html")http://www.ambrosias...TML/000150.html(/url)

------------------

**Ah, so it was me who started the old tensions between the Avara community and Ambrosia. Thanks for clearing that up.

The only "tensions" are from a minority who feel that they are entitled to have us update and enhance Avara endlessly, no matter how well the game sells, or what the interest of the author is in updating the game.

And yes, you pirating Avara (and others like you) contributed heavily towards us deciding that it wasn't worth continuing to update/enhance the game since no one was paying for it. I find it amusing that you ride in on a high moral horse, tossing insults around towards Ambrosia (with no real basis or solid foundation behind them), and yet are one of the people who has shamelessly stolen the game for years.

I think that speaks quite a bit about your ego-centric view of the world, and what you're entitled to, despite your amoral actions. Please read my complete writeup on the issue here:

(url="http://"http://www.ambrosiasw.com/webboard/Forum4/HTML/000150.html")http://www.ambrosias...TML/000150.html(/url)

------------------