Athena 1.0 released

After 8 1/2 months, 543 source commits, and 15,134 lines of code I have now finished version 1 of my scenario editor for Ares and Xsera. It should, to my knowledge support all current in both games.
Athena does not yet support Antares because that feature is pending in Antares (if you want that done pester Pallas Athene about it).

Download Athena here.

Right now actually using the scenarios you create is only possible by running Ares classic in an emulator. You can find instructions on setting it up here

The preferred place for bug reports/feature requests is on GitHub. Failing that go to the #xsera irc room on irc.ambrosia.net and try to contact me there. IF you are allergic to both you may try posting it here but I am not likely to check it

This post has been edited by GameFreak4321 : 10 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

I'm curious: what does "supporting Xsera" mean? The latest release (demo 2) didn't seem to have any plugin-like functionality, and I haven't followed what has been written since then. I'll add some notes about Antares support to your issue tracker.

@pallas-athene, on 10 October 2011 - 03:47 PM, said in Athena 1.0 released:

I'm curious: what does "supporting Xsera" mean? The latest release (demo 2) didn't seem to have any plugin-like functionality, and I haven't followed what has been written since then. I'll add some notes about Antares support to your issue tracker.

It means that it saves in the format we currently plan on having Xsera use, even if Xsera doesn't really handle them yet.
It should be noted that I can hard code plugin loading by changing only 3 lines of code between the 2 programs ( not that that runs properly EDIT: now it does).

This post has been edited by GameFreak4321 : 10 October 2011 - 07:05 PM

Excellent work, GameFreak. Hopefully I'll be able to add dynamic plugin support soon 🙂

Wow, I had no Idea this was in the works. I never would have expected to be able to create scenarios for and play Ares natively under OS X.

Great job so far. It's (going to be) just like a more convenient version of Hera. I do have some issues and suggestions, which I'll put on GitHub.

I guess this raises the priority of supporting plugins in Antares. Is there currently any way to hack them into Antares, e.g. by putting them in the Ares data folder and rezipping the Ares folder and telling Antares to reextract the data somehow?

Right now Antares won't accept anything but the factory scenario and will actively resist attempts to trick it. I've been talking to GameFreak, though, and he's already got working code for Athena to write out a format that Antares will support in the near future.

In previous years, I've planned something for the anniversary of the open source release (02 Nov), and now that the repo's public, it's a little harder to keep secret what I'm planning. I'm going to try to make it plugin support this time. I don't think it should be a problem to get that working by then; it's just a question of how rough around the edges the first cut will be.

Hmm, Athena looks interesting.
It would certainly be nice to have Antares able to accept Athena scenarios.

Nice work guys.

XSERA

WANT

@two-jacks, on 24 October 2011 - 06:19 PM, said in Athena 1.0 released:

XSERA

WANT

Stop saying that, it's getting annoying.

It's been a long time since any work was done on Athena, but before work stopped, Antares support was added. Here is a current build of Athena, for 10.8+:

https://dl.dropboxus...-2014-06-21.zip