Cheats

Does anyone know any cheats for a registered version of Ares? I'm stuck on chapter 12 and can't seem to get any further. I've looked and all these sites keep saying the same thing but the codes don't work. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

------------------

The right direction would be the cheat topic that is already on this page.

------------------

It's not on this page unless you set your dates to more than the "last 20 days". Perhaps this should be an Ares FAQ item?

------------------

• Dark Side: Gates gives $100m to fight HIV, $421m to fight Linux, Thomas C. Greene, The Register, 11.13. $100m over 10 years to fight AIDS in India; $421m over three to fight Linux. Priorities.

(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum3/HTML/000709.html")http://www.AmbrosiaS...TML/000709.html(/url)

I blame the Queen attitude of youth these days - "I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now ". Enough practise and any Ares Level will fall, except for a few insane levels made by over-enthusiastic plug-in developers.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

erased from the archive

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.
Society is always at loggerheads with improvement.

(This message has been edited by Joveia (edited 12-02-2002).)

You waste your time here, too.

------------------

Come on, we were all like this at some point. We were all ares newbies asking for cheats in the beginning. Give the lad a break 🙂

------------------
See I'm the king of the swingers, the Jungle V.I.P.,
But I've reached the top and had to stop,
And that's what's
botherin' me.

Originally posted by Limax:
**Come on, we were all like this at some point. We were all ares newbies asking for cheats in the beginning.

Nope. In fact, the first time I beat Yo Ho Ho wasn't even through luck 😛

------------------

• Dark Side: Gates gives $100m to fight HIV, $421m to fight Linux, Thomas C. Greene, The Register, 11.13. $100m over 10 years to fight AIDS in India; $421m over three to fight Linux. Priorities.

Originally posted by Laguna:
**You waste your time here, too.

Not quite good laguna. Please be on GR. We have 'things' to discuss, that are not at all sexual in nature.

------------------
Society is always at loggerheads with improvement.

Originally posted by Pallas Athene:
**Nope. In fact, the first time I beat Yo Ho Ho wasn't even through luck:p

Yo ho ho? Please! Hornet's Nest was the first real challenge, or perhaps the level before it... The Left Hand, was it?

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

**Come on, we were all like this at some point. We were all ares newbies asking for cheats in the beginning. Give the lad a break:)

Funny. You posted this in the one cheat topic in which it was entirely unnecessary.

------------------

Originally posted by Joveia:
**Funny. You posted this in the one cheat topic in which it was entirely unnecessary.

Beg pardon. Didn't wish to offend.

------------------
And that's what's
botherin' me.

Originally posted by Sundered Angel:
**Yo ho ho? Please! Hornet's Nest was the first real challenge, or perhaps the level before it... The Left Hand, was it?

Really? I just went to play those two and beat them easily. Yo Ho Ho was a bit harder for me - there were still cruisers running around when I escaped, so I could have easily lost.

------------------

**Beg pardon. Didn't wish to offend.

It's ok. I thought for a moment you weren't sincere.

------------------

Each to their own, I suppose. Those three carriers and bunker station were what stumped me for a while. Out resourced and out technologised... challenging stuff.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

See, that's why I beat it easily. I knew that victory only required you to take Beta, so I simply bypassed the station, and camped over Beta. If you ignore the station, the carriers never come, and if you lock down their building capability, the station doesn't help.

------------------

**See, that's why I beat it easily. I knew that victory only required you to take Beta, so I simply bypassed the station, and camped over Beta. If you ignore the station, the carriers never come, and if you lock down their building capability, the station doesn't help.

What fun is that? It's more enjoyable to build a massive fleet, summon the enemy carriers, and plow right throough them with a massive squadron of transports and cruisers.

But, people use the avoidant cheap strategy. Why play and possibly lose when you can be cheap and win.

------------------
And that's what's
botherin' me.

I suppose, at some point, I should try changing the condition to "If Time > 6000" (5 Min). I wouldn't change my strategy - in my opinion, it's still more effective to bypass the station.

------------------

**See, that's why I beat it easily. I knew that victory only required you to take Beta, so I simply bypassed the station, and camped over Beta. If you ignore the station, the carriers never come, and if you lock down their building capability, the station doesn't help.

Actually I've done both successfully. The carriers come and kill alot me, but if you conserve ammunition you should knock them out.

Also I'd like to say that it doesn't happen necessarily. Only if you use the heavy destroyer.

(I think.)

------------------

Another cheat topic... :frown:
I used to post these sometimes... but then I learned how to play the game... and beat it.

------------------
On GR/AIM/MaG League: Onii7
I Did it! I made it past 600! | Ares Ladder Admin and active MaG user.
Check out my new webpage: (url="http://"http://home.mindspring.com/~frinkruds")Onii7s macintosh evangelism and game resource site(/url)