It's War, isn't it?

OK Feedback wanted. Has anyone actually downloaded "It's War", played it, beaten it. (Still hanging on zero there on the clickometer...) Does anyone (yawn) care?! I have noticed an (er) bug in it, any point in reposting v1.0.4? Does anyone hate it? Do you want a chance to finish the war in part 2...?

Feedback requested, Feedback requested, Feedback requested, ...

End Transmission.

------------------
Oh, so it is another bug hunt then...

Yeah my plug still has zero downloads but I know for a fact people have downloaded it. It must be something wrong with the download counter.

------------------
Creator of the great new plugin for ares "Earth's Journey Back To The Stars". And a member of the Ares Extended Team. Have a nice day.
(This message has not been edited by brookeview (sig edited 08-15-2001).)

I downloaded War myself (so that's one anyway), to test that the procedure produced an uncorrupted plug. How's that for quality control! Heh!

Which one is yours? I've downloaded them all, but some of them produce corrupted archives.

------------------

The 0 downloads thing is a bug. I've downloaded it and played through most of it. It's War is great, I'm looking forward to the continuation.
(EDIT: Neat, It's my 300th post! Only took 14 months)
------------------
GameRanger SN: Col. Patrick (EL)

(This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 08-16-2001).)

Yes, the 0 downloads thing is a bug, but don't count on it being fixed.

------------------

Ah, greetings your Moderatorness (note capitalisation here)
In what sense is the downloads numbering bug a bug that cannot be fixed?
Surely all bugs are squashable...

------------------

I've played it, and it's certainly one of the better plugs on the add-ons page.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.

Originally posted by Lord Commander Anic:
**Ah, greetings your Moderatorness (note capitalisation here)
In what sense is the downloads numbering bug a bug that cannot be fixed?
Surely all bugs are squashable...

I'm sure it can be fixed, but I doubt that it will be fixed any time soon, since andrew certainly doesn't have the time.

The odd thing is though, it seems to affect only certain people.

Could it have something to do with the time in came out. I've noticed that several of the plugs that came out around mine also show zero downloads.

------------------
Creator of the great new plugin for ares "Earth's Journey Back To The Stars". And a member of the Ares Extended Team. Have a nice day.
(This message has not been edited by brookeview (sig edited 08-15-2001).)

Ah, so it's a relativistic bug then, affecting only some things some of the time..., and some users all of the time. Sounds microsofty to me...

------------------

Lord Commander Anic your sig makes a lot of sense right now

**_

Which one is yours? I've downloaded them all, but some of them produce corrupted archives.

_**

Originally posted by brookeview:
**Could it have something to do with the time in came out. I've noticed that several of the plugs that came out around mine also show zero downloads.

Nah, it's always affected Mag SteelGlass' plugs.

People have tried, but no-one seems to have come up with the proper explanation.

So yeah, mircrosofty 🙂

------------------

One of my plugs, I can't remember which one, originally had that bug, which after a while, was fixed, me, was quite happy, about that, who wouldn't be?

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people, those who can count, and those who can't.

Originally posted by Laguna:
**Yes, the 0 downloads thing is a bug, but don't count on it being fixed.

Oh? The ares boards have this problem too?

Well don't feel alone, I'm having the same problem with some of my board's plug-ins. (and I've downloaded them myself to test this)

Appearantly, if enough people complain, maybe* it will get fixed.

*No guarantees guaranteed.

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."

I think it was a great plugin, though to me it was alittle hard.....Anyways I'll look forward to the second part. (do we meet the "greater threat" then?)

------------------
Ä„Funny Word Time!
"bangles"
::roar of laughter in background::
Thank you thank you

It's War was the second part. For my opinion, I liked the first one better. The ships were literally copied out of Obish vs. Eleejeetians, and they were utilised wrongly in the plug. The massive strikeforces and battles of The Audemedon Crisis (or whatever :p) were great, and I like the Linear gameplay more anyway. Try and make 3 more like one, will ya? 😉

------------------
'Is that what I think it is?'
'What?'
'A big orange swirly thing in space!'

• Red Dwarf

Hey, those Elejeetian ships, they arrive in a box in kit form (usually by trans-mat mail), ya put em together and ya put em to use...

The Obish and Elejeetian ships I copied were the definitive starter models as far as I am concerned, and like the starter ships in Ares itself I used them in their unmodified form at the start of the war. I these ships because they are excellent, and because duplicating the work of others is a waste of time.

Ships of course evolve during a conflict, and I have plans for these ships. I have already produced a Mk 2 variant of my Elejeetian HVD and the Ishman AST.
Also the battleship classes which have been retrofitted into carrier hulls are a modification necessitated by the toughening combat conditions where slogging power is more of a survival characteristic than the ability to deploy lots of vulnerable fighters as cannon fodder. (The other reason for the reduction of carrier usage in Its War lies in an attempt to stay ahead of the "maximum ships in a scenario" confinement.) Fighters of course evolve too, as do stand-off ballistic missile systems.

There are more heavy combat scenarios to come in It's War.

------------------

On the subject of bugs. Crisis caught the counting bug the first time it was posted, but the updated version didn't have it. Perhaps its only scenarios that have certain bugs in them that are affected by the counting bug...

------------------

TO Deathval,

Too hard! It's a tough universe out there! 😄
All of the levels are beatable, and I have beaten them all myself. 🆒
The greater threat is coming ever closer.... 😉

Um, by the way, how do you do "Quotes" on this thing...?

------------------

where can I get part two and three for it's war? It's a real good plugin but I can only find the first part on the addon pages

------------------
The brave are always the first to die.
No Retreat! No Surrender!
Death Before Dishonor