A thought on an Ares "board game"

Originally posted by Captain Skyblade:
Carrying them out is the important part. I had to throw a player out of one webstory because he refused to cooperate with the final decisions made by the mod, fair though they were.**

Naturally. It's play nice, or don't play.

(b)
Yeah, a dedicated website is a good idea... the EV forum got somewhat cluttered at times to numerous topics regarding a single webstory.

I could probably talk the mag guys into letting us borrow a meg or two on their new server but my coding knowledge is limited to <br> <p> <hr> and <a href> :frown:

------------------
Originally stated by Reichsmarschall Hermann Goering:
Naturally the common people don't want war...but after all it is the leaders of a country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along....All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.

<form action="setmoves.php" method=POST>
User: <input type=text name=uid><br>
Pass: <input type=password name=pwd><br>
<textarea rows=20 cols=40 name=moves>Moves</textarea><br>
<input type=submit>
</form>

😉

------------------
"Welcome to our Pirate outpost. Please enjoy your stay, and realize that any irregular actions can and will be used against you in the afterlife."

I considered making a chess Ares game from my chessboard earlier today, but I don't know where it is and I really don't know whether I should be bothered.

Basically, what I plan is for pawns to be cruisers, knights to be gunships, the queen is the hvd (duh!) and the carrier is the rook.

All ships can destroy other ships similar to chess. All ships have 2 types of movement, normal (1 space any direction) and FTL, with is 2 to 8 space in any adjacent direction. All ships can attack normally, only some ships can attack FTL.

Cruisers attack as a react. There has to be 1 enemy ship in an adjacent square, to attack.

Gunships can attack via FTL. If there is 1 friendly cruiser within 1 range of a gunship when it is attacked, then the attack can be 'intercepted' and the cruiser is destroyed. The destroyed ship is at the attackee's discretion, and the attacker's ship moves into that square.

Carriers. If there is a friendly piece within 1 squares of a carrier, then the attack can be intercepted and that piece will be destroyed (of any type). The attacking ship will move into that piece's position. Carriers can attack normally, but not FTL.

HVD's are different, they can attack any other ship except other HVD's without being intercepted. They can also attack via FTL as well as normal. Cruisers can intercept if the HVD is attacked.

The person positions their fleet how they want, within the first 2 squares.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

please email me on the full rules and stuff of that chess game. i might like making that and playing it. 😄

------------------
Insanity has its advantages

Those ARE the rules 🙂

------------------

that could be played across the internet here. just needs a topic for each game and you type in your moves in abbreveations and grid cordanates. of course you each need a chess bord that wont be desterbed for a cople of weeks.

heh.. 222 posts!!
------------------
BANG....hehehehehe

(This message has been edited by 9024 (edited 06-28-2002).)

I love to have my games endorsed by the community... 🙂

Someone please try this out.

------------------