Anybody think this is "fishy"?

If anybody has been looking at the ares ladder you may have noticed a sudden change in the stats of the ladder. Steel fire has suddenly jumped to second place with a large sum of 166 points. At first when i saw this i was glad to see finally people were using the ladder. Wow people are actually playing again i thought. It's good to see some competition on the ladder now and then.

Although i was then dissapointed to see that steel fire had just played 17 strait games with the same person and won every time in roughly a 2 day time frame. That seemed kind of "fishy" to me..Then i did some more browsing and found that this Darkrouge guy that steel fire had beaten 17 times just signed up for magleague 2 days ago, which is the same time steel fire started playing darkrouge. Darkrouge's comment in his player info also says "firebird will win" (that sounds a little odd...) oh also Both darkrogue and steel also seem to use the same email place cus both of their emails end in (@mindspring.com)

For the most part people have been really good at not abusing the magleague ladder, which is good, because magleague is based on an honors system. If i were still the admin of magleague, (which technically is still am..) i would look into this..but i think i'll leave it up to pat.

What do you guys think? i don't want to sound like some prune here complainin about everything.

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
(list)
(*)(1st Class Zacha Admiral and guitar legend throughout the sol system.)

You know what-i think it's sorta fishy too. I'll look into this.

------------------
http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum3/...TML/000748.html
www.magleague.com
GameRanger/MagChat SN: Col. Patrick (EL)

Originally posted by Jimmy Page 1:
**If anybody has been looking at the ares ladder you may have noticed a sudden change in the stats of the ladder. Steel fire has suddenly jumped to second place with a large sum of 166 points. At first when i saw this i was glad to see finally people were using the ladder. Wow people are actually playing again i thought. It's good to see some competition on the ladder now and then.

Although i was then dissapointed to see that steel fire had just played 17 strait games with the same person and won every time in roughly a 2 day time frame. That seemed kind of "fishy" to me..Then i did some more browsing and found that this Darkrouge guy that steel fire had beaten 17 times just signed up for magleague 2 days ago, which is the same time steel fire started playing darkrouge. Darkrouge's comment in his player info also says "firebird will win" (that sounds a little odd...) oh also Both darkrogue and steel also seem to use the same email place cus both of their emails end in (@mindspring.com)

For the most part people have been really good at not abusing the magleague ladder, which is good, because magleague is based on an honors system. If i were still the admin of magleague, (which technically is still am..) i would look into this..but i think i'll leave it up to pat.

What do you guys think? i don't want to sound like some prune here complainin about everything.

good thinking, but darkrogue is my dad we where facing off.

------------------
Ishiman~UE!
GR/AIM- Onii7

**If anybody has been looking at the ares ladder you may have noticed a sudden change in the stats of the ladder. Steel fire has suddenly jumped to second place with a large sum of 166 points. At first when i saw this i was glad to see finally people were using the ladder. Wow people are actually playing again i thought. It's good to see some competition on the ladder now and then.

i wish you wouldn't bann me or anything because my dad was playing me and he is new

------------------
Ishiman~UE!
GR/AIM- Onii7

evey person has a value of 5 points- like patrick was saying that i shouldn't play my dad- so it would be more fair if people who had bad stats should have worst points- or some how change the way you rank people- im not sure how but maybe you should change it.... some how

patrick thinks it should be like this: perhaps people with <20% wins should automatically be worth only 1 point

i dunno but the way it is, is a little wrong... or bad... Jimmy if you could change this the latter would be better

thanks

------------------
Ishiman~UE!
GR/AIM- Onii7

Well here's my conversation with firebird:

Col. Patrick: firebird
Col. Patrick: who is darkrouge?
Onii7: my dad
Col. Patrick: ah
Onii7: he sucks and we where playing on mag
Col. Patrick: um
Col. Patrick: i guess
Onii7: ok
Col. Patrick: there's nothing in the rules about that
Col. Patrick: although it seems sorta unfair
Onii7: will i get banned for playing my dad?
Onii7: why
Col. Patrick: maybe we need a ladder more like b.net
Col. Patrick: no you're not getting banned
Onii7: i didn't know it was in the rules not to
Col. Patrick: although in the interests of fair competition
Col. Patrick: could you please wait to play your dad on mag until he knows how to play
Onii7: k
Col. Patrick: it's sorta unfair to the rest of us
Col. Patrick: thanks
Onii7: but sence he sucks he should not get any points
Onii7: the ponit system is wrong
Col. Patrick: mm?
Col. Patrick: he's getting points?
Onii7: no even a person who is new and has no stats- can be worth 5 points
Onii7: thats the lowest
Col. Patrick: ah
Col. Patrick: yes
Col. Patrick: we need to fix that
Col. Patrick: perhaps people with <20% wins should automatically be worth only 1 point
Onii7: yea
Onii7: mind if i say that in my post?
Col. Patrick: i will speak with mcborg about that
Onii7: can i?
Col. Patrick: sure, o ahead
Col. Patrick: *go
Onii7: ok
Onii7: i need to go- cya
Col. Patrick: bye

------------------
www.magleague.com

I thought we had a maximum of 2 games per day against a person on magleague...

...at least the other ladders I play have it.

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."

Originally posted by Avatara:
**I thought we had a maximum of 2 games per day against a person on magleague...

...at least the other ladders I play have it.

??! didn't know that sorry guys.

------------------
Ishiman~UE!
GR/AIM- Onii7

17 games in 2 days?

All registered as MAGLeague games?

Taylor, I think that's pushing the bounds of credibility a little. You had to realise you were gaining an unfair advantage by trouncing one person so many times and logging them all as league games.

I think a slightly longer apology is in order, mate.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Originally posted by Sundered Angel:
**17 games in 2 days?

All registered as MAGLeague games?

Taylor, I think that's pushing the bounds of credibility a little. You had to realise you were gaining an unfair advantage by trouncing one person so many times and logging them all as league games.

I think a slightly longer apology is in order, mate.

im very sorry for crupting the mag system by playing my dad, needn't knowing that this would cause truble for lots of people. i am sorry.

------------------
Ishiman~UE!
GR/AIM- Onii7

Actually, this guy is a genious! goes to register a phoney account, then records Tyrael as winning 24 games against him 😉

Seriously, I do think a limit to the number of games per day should be there if it isn't already. Its way to easy for someone to manipulate this, and next time will probably have worse results than Firebird's incident.

P.S. I have yet to get my dad to play a single game of Ares, more or less 17!! wow! :eek:

------------------

Originally posted by Avatara:
**Actually, this guy is a genious! goes to register a phoney account, then records Tyrael as winning 24 games against him😉

Seriously, I do think a limit to the number of games per day should be there if it isn't already. Its way to easy for someone to manipulate this, and next time will probably have worse results than Firebird's incident.

P.S. I have yet to get my dad to play a single game of Ares, more or less 17!! wow! :eek:

i didn't cheat.

(FLAME OFF)

//
_if you didn't mean it this way don't take it this way.

------------------
Ishiman~UE!
GR/AIM- Onii7

(This message has been edited by Taylor (edited 11-05-2001).)

(This message has been edited by Taylor (edited 11-05-2001).)

(EDIT: This post was invalid, see next post for details)
Firebird, your points on (url="http://"http://www.magleague.com")www.magleague.com(/url) have been changed to reflect the fact that 11 of the games played against darkrouge were illegal(going over 2-game limit)

------------------
Sign up for the Ares ladder (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum3/HTML/000748.html")http://www.AmbrosiaS...TML/000748.html(/url) (url="http://"http://www.magleague.com")www.magleague.com(/url)

(This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-05-2001).)

hmm firebird, going over the rules again it looks like Jimmy forgot to put in 2-game rule, so I changed your points back. The rules will be updated for the 2-game rule however.

------------------
www.magleague.com

The 2 game limit was discussed around the time when i first opened the mag ladder here on these webboards. It was decided by everyone that we would all agree to a two game maximum. It was somewhat common knowledge. I never got mcborg to go back and edit the rules since then. I'll bring up the old topic if i can find it for all of you. However, since it was never posted in the rules "officially", i can't say that steel should have known about this. I'll ask mcborg to "officially" write this in. In the mean time, since i still have admin status, i'm going to knock off half of the games played by steel as null and void. This still puts him over the maximum limit per day, but i feel it is fair since he didn't know about it, so he at least doesn't get all his games deleted.

Also this message is for steel: don't play your dad or whatever untill about another 3 months or so. any games played by you vs him untill then will be deleted.

And this goes for everyone: Use your common sense, if you are making up fake games or consistantly playing newbies, or the same person, you are ruining it for everyone else. We admins can see this as well and if anybody is consistantly doing this they risk their account being temporarily banned, a loss of points, or even complete account deletion. Do what's good for the good of the group, and use your head. And most of all have fun!

(i'll dig up the old topic about the 2 game maximum if i can find it and put it up in the briefing room.)

lata all

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
(list)

**The 2 game limit was discussed around the time when i first opened the mag ladder here on these webboards. It was decided by everyone that we would all agree to a two game maximum. It was somewhat common knowledge. I never got mcborg to go back and edit the rules since then. I'll bring up the old topic if i can find it for all of you. However, since it was never posted in the rules "officially", i can't say that steel should have known about this. I'll ask mcborg to "officially" write this in. In the mean time, since i still have admin status, i'm going to knock off half of the games played by steel as null and void. This still puts him over the maximum limit per day, but i feel it is fair since he didn't know about it, so he at least doesn't get all his games deleted.

Also this message is for steel: don't play your dad or whatever untill about another 3 months or so. any games played by you vs him untill then will be deleted.

And this goes for everyone: Use your common sense, if you are making up fake games or consistantly playing newbies, or the same person, you are ruining it for everyone else. We admins can see this as well and if anybody is consistantly doing this they risk their account being temporarily banned, a loss of points, or even complete account deletion. Do what's good for the good of the group, and use your head. And most of all have fun!

(i'll dig up the old topic about the 2 game maximum if i can find it and put it up in the briefing room.)

lata all

ok, id deleat them my self but for somereason i can't.

------------------
Ishiman~UE!
GR/AIM- Onii7

crap. so now i get banned for 3 months?

------------------
Ishiman~UE!
GR/AIM- Onii7

no, lol if you read the post it says you're banned from playing darkrougue for 3 months.

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
(list)

Originally posted by Taylor:
**crap. so now i get banned for 3 months?

Oringinally posted by Jimmy:

------------------
www.magleague.com

Originally posted by Taylor:
i didn't cheat.

(FLAME OFF)

//
_if you didn't mean it this way don't take it this way.

I didn't, I used the word "incident" to indicate this whole crisis off of a simple mistake.

And the only reason I remember the game limit is because I think I was one of the few pushing for it, seeing how problems can arise without one.

------------------