What is Wicked?

Does anyone have any theories? Has anyone heard of it?

(url="http://"http://www.biggerplanet.com/wicked/index.html")What is Wicked?(/url)

OK, so what do you think? I know it's not 100% related to Ares, but in my opinion it's closer than even EV 😉

Somehow I think it might be significant that there are two (zombies?) in the current pic. One might argue that the (zombies?) are enemies, but then there's the possibility that you control them, hence the name Wicked. I think it'd be interesting to see an RTS from the Admiral, but an After Dark-type game could be cool too.

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"I fail to see the humor in that situation, Doctor."
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchfork "

They're obviously undead/zombies, and the wickedness is because they are possessed by evil urges... it would be a funny world if undead and zombies weren't evil...

I was trying to imply that the game is called Wicked because you are the wicked faction (and hence control two zombies).

If you control them both, then it's likely an RTS game. But then, Ares is a form of RTS and I'm not sure if the Admiral would do the same type twice.

------------------
"Once, just once, I'd like to be able to land somewhere and say, 'Behold, I am the Archangel Gabriel.'"
"Naturally. You could hardly claim to be an angel with those pointed ears, Mister Spock. But say you landed someplace with a pitchfork "

Indeed, what is wicked? What is good? What is evil?

Philosopher's have talked about this for aeons, yet no satisfactory answer has been reached. Freud said it was sex, some other guy said it was power, but I have a much simpler answer : pleasure. Humanity is addicted to the drug and if blowing up the world will get you more, then blow up the world! Live for the moment, not the future. Of course, if you take care of the future, the moment will take care of itself.

------------------
---------------
"I am funny, it's just that everyone else has a sense of humour."

I believe that at one point Nathan's site mentioned that Wicked was a "3d engine like no other" or something like that

------------------
GameRanger SN: Col. Patrick (EL)

Yes, but I'd assume it's not just an Engine - much of the appeal would be taken out of a game like that if there wasn't a scenario pack it shipped with to showcase its abilities. (Then again, the Ares Scenario didn't showcase the Ares engine's abilities that well just look what we can do with Hera ;))

------------------

Hmmmmm. Last time I talked to Nathan, he told me he was working on something set in the Ares universe, but "on a different scale". This might be it... assuming it's not some zombie-related horror thing...

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Well, I, personally, would assume that Wicked would not refer to something within the Ares universe. The crystal ball says something too, along with the medieval stone wall.

Then again, there's always the possibility that he's working on an "unannounced" project too, concerning Ares.

------------------

Originally posted by Pallas Athene:
**I was trying to imply that the game is called Wicked because you are the wicked faction (and hence control two zombies).

If you control them both, then it's likely an RTS game. But then, Ares is a form of RTS and I'm not sure if the Admiral would do the same type twice.

Hmmm...the Necromancer in Diablo II raises the undead, and he isn't on the side of evil (but that doesn't mean he's on the side of good, either).

------------------
'Is that what I think it is?'
'What?'
'A big orange swirly thing in space!'

• Red Dwarf

Originally posted by Sundered Angel:
**Hmmmmm. Last time I talked to Nathan, he told me he was working on something set in the Ares universe, but "on a different scale". This might be it... assuming it's not some zombie-related horror thing...

Urgh, shades of last year.

------------------

Yes, it's probably fair to assume "Wicked" is not Ares related. Just noting down a tidbit I remember. Hmmmm...

Stone Walls, Zombies and Crystal Balls...

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

I feel I have something to add to this conversation:

Nathan Lamont is on holiday, he will be back on 8th of August.

There.

I note that 'Wicked' is something brits use to say 'cool!'.

------------------
'What?'

• Red Dwarf

Hopes that Wicked is as open-ended as Ares is

Then I'd make it Ares-based!

------------------

Originally posted by Pallas Athene:
**Hopes that Wicked is as open-ended as Ares is

Then I'd make it Ares-based!

Hmmm... that'd be interesting...

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Deleted, suffice to say NL has been hard at work since the final release of Hera.

(This message has been edited by Count Altair El Alemein (edited 08-05-2001).)

Originally posted by Talon Karrde:
**I note that 'Wicked' is something brits use to say 'cool!'.

Incorrect, it's American.

In Oz, 'deadly' means much the same thing... atleast among abo's.

Originally posted by Laguna:
Incorrect, it's American.

Are you sure? Cause I usually here it when brits are around...

------------------
'What?'

• Red Dwarf

In Canada, people say 'shoot', as a kind of light expletive, and in Mag Steelglass land, people say 'bah'.