Coldstone:Evolved?

Originally posted by ellrx:
**"contract a hungry/aggressive/obsessed/posessed developer"
"build with minimal attribution to the source, for dissection and understanding only"
"upgrade program, $15-$20 for upgrade"
"append/expand the beta team from v1"
"call it ColdStone 2. Not version 2"
"Let Glenn's bug page be your stand by"
"Release time-expiring links to structured polling systems, to garner structured concise input at appropriate junctions of development"
"K.I.S., S.(oftware Guys)"

WHAT?

------------------
-The ZeroWarrior

I just have one question about development though: who sort of 'wears the developing pants' in the game 'household', Beenox or Ambrosia? Who would really be doing the behind the scenes work, and who would be publishing and selling it? I'm slightly confused on how these companies work together.

------------------
-The ZeroWarrior

Beenox -developers
Ambrosia-publishers

------------------

... bwahhaaaaahaaaaaugh fooooolish sammurai.

**Beenox -developers
Ambrosia-publishers

Okay. Who would do work? Just Beenox? I think Ambrosia could have more of a hand in this if this was to happen.

------------------
-The ZeroWarrior

Beenox primarily.
This is likely no different than a standard Author/Publisher scenario in a book deal.

However it would seem that Ambrosia if it were to take over development duties/rights, could more than handle CGE and its future
(tear down and reconstruction; "We have the technology... we can rebuild him...")
development.

------------------

... bwahhaaaaahaaaaaugh fooooolish sammurai.

**Beenox primarily.
This is likely no different than a standard Author/Publisher scenario in a book deal.

However it would seem that Ambrosia if it were to take over development duties/rights, could more than handle CGE and its future
(tear down and reconstruction; "We have the technology... we can rebuild him...")
development.

That's what I figured. I got an e-mail back from Ambrosia, and although they seemed busy, I'm pretty sure I raised an eyebrow. At least I hope they consider it. There's nothing really that hard to do to create it (with all the trouble they are going through to make sure that Coldstone is perfected, this should seem like another days work 🙂 ). Basically a time and effort thing. A LOT OF TIME on their part, but it would be another quality Ambrosia product that they would be proud to sell. At least I think so anyway. I should get a job promoting Ambrosia, no? Or at least get paid, I already promote them!! 😛

------------------
-The ZeroWarrior

Post begun by zerowarrior150:
**This whole new engine...

I think this is a worthwhile idea as well. I think we should put a list together of '"upgrades'" together and email them to ambrosia and see what would be the hardest to put into coldstone. I would definately pay any amout they would out on it, if it was a pretty nasty little engine to deal with.

That's a good idea.
There is enough software out there that gets feedback from its users on what they want in the next version. Why should coldstone be different. We complain enough on the boards so why don't we send a joint email to ambrosia with a wish list of new features and fixes on.
I for one would love an all in one package that allows you to make top down (like coldstone does already) isometric and proper 3d games. If it is not possible in one app may be several different apps in a collection which all use the same style interface.

------------------
Pilky
(url="http://"http://www.mcubed.cjb.net")M cubed homepage(/url)
Cheesiest film line of all time "Flash I love you but we only have 14 hours to save the earth" from Flash Gorden

I'll send them a condensed version of that thread I started labled "Another Wish List". There is a good chance that some of those bugs would get fixed in a new version. 🙂

------------------
Whose cruel idea was it to put an 'S' in lisp?